• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheroking

I thought it was pretty heavily implied he knows the truth given his talks w/ Sansa in the Stark Crypt way back when.

It was implied that he knew (or at least suspected) that Lyanna ran off with Rhaegar, as opposed to being kidnapped.

He would have no way of knowing that Jon was their child. Only two people ever knew and neither told anyone.

all signs point to that he do know

I don't think there's any way for him to know. At most he would suspect that Jon isn't Ned's son, since even Stannis found it hard to believe that Ned would cheat on Cat.

He might have an idea about who Jon really is, but he has no proof.

nubbe

What signs? I know its implied he doesn't believe the Rhaegar kidnapping Lyanna story from when he and Sansa spend time in the crypt, but when has he ever said anything about Jon?

As long as everyone thinks he is Ned's bastard and lives at the wall, there is no need to act upon it.

But now when he is king it is an entirely different matter

rambis

Banned
What? There's no reason to give it a pass on this. Portraying the passage of time is a very basic director skill. The show has done a really shit job with it.
Why does it need a pass? Ive never really heard any complaints outside of this forum.

Its been understood for a while that some timelines progress faster than others.

Timbuktu

What else would his end game be? The ultimate prize in Westoros is the throne.

He of all peopel should know that the crown is a hollow prize. His ladder speech made me think he just wanted chaos and break up existing order. I much rather he just enjoy playing the game and screwing with all the big houses. Spelling out his ambitions like that isn't really him, but I guess Sansa is his big weakness and he is pretty much doomed now.

Sheroking

He of all peopel should know that the crown is a hollow prize. I much rather he just enjoy playing the game and screwing with all the big houses. Spelling out his ambitions like that isn't really him, but I guess Sansa is his big weakness and he is pretty much doomed now.

I feel like his motivations have been spelled out for years.

He's come from nothing and craves power and recognition. Cersei mocked him for creating his own sigil, Varys once warned that he would burn the Kingdom so he could rule the ashes.

There was probably a way to layer him better, but yeah, he wants to rule shit.

sangreal

Littlefingers motivation was always the throne. Besides the statements he has made to that effect (eg to Varys), they opened scenes in earlier seasons with him literally staring at and coveting the throne.

Tigress

Where are people getting the prophecies from? I just rewatched the fortuneteller scene and there's no mention of Cersei's children dying before her (even though she brings it up when he daughter dies) or her brother killing her. Was it expanded upon at some other time by someone other character?

The book has her talking about it (I think to Sansa).

I did a map of Westeros. Blue is on the Fuck Cersei side, red is pro-Cersei, yellow undeclared (though with Walder Frey dead the Tully lands are easy pickings for the North). She'll be Queen of nothing.

I half expect Euron's cock to declare for Cersei after he's rebuffed by Dany. Not that the Iron Islands have ever mattered.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Im retroactively angry the rest of this series so frequently lacked the nuanced cinematography of this episode. So many episodes are just talking heads and exposition. This and the last had care for framing and scenes that tell story and build atmosphere without speaking.

0Dsa9Mz.jpg

TyrantII

What else would his end game be? The ultimate prize in Westoros is the throne.

That was always the question to me.

He's always been a lesser Lord. He still doesn't have an army or group of loyal followers. He does have Robin's ear, but I dont think hes secured succession should Robin meet an untimely death.

For all he put into motion, hes still woefully unprepared to take what he wants.

sangreal

I half expect Euron's cock to declare for Cersei after he's rebuffed by Dany. Not that the Iron Islands have ever mattered.

Yeah really, who gives a shit what Euron does? Weird that everyone is ascribing such importance to him. He has been in what, 2 scenes? And at last check had no ships and his plan was usurped by Yara

oddjobs

Can't fucking take it Sansa manages to yet again out-Sansa herself next season and somehow fuck up the Starks due to Littlefinger.

TyrantII

This. No disrespect to the other directors that work on the show, but most other episodes feel cheap in comparison.

TBF, the last two episodes obviously got the bulk of the budget put toward then. Lots of location shooting for battles and travel, lots of FX.

It's probably why they're cutting down the next two seasons.

Took a screen cap of the Zombie Mountain and ran it through Lightroom.

Holy hell he's creepy as hell, no wonder Unella was freaking out;

lr5rRgk.jpg

Ydelnae

I'm still thinking about how Lancel couldn't even walk after a stab in the back yet Arya pulled a Spiderman shenanigan when Waif stabbed her multiple times.

Took a screen cap of the Zombie Mountain and ran it through Lightroom.

Holy hell he's creepy as hell, no wonder Unella was freaking out;

LaDrhGp.jpg

And Cersei going "Shame!🔔!" X3 as she walsk out of the room was ruthless as hell.

Edit random thoughts: I think Arya isn't going to winterfell yet. The similarities of Arya and Cersei thats been showing recently tells me they will meet eventually. The Arya, Sansa and Jon reunion might not even happen.. That is toogood to be true.

zelas

Is any of the music used in the last episode up anywhere? Particularly the bit played during the opening Cersei segment.

Sheroking

I'm still thinking about how Lancel couldn't even walk after a stab in the back yet Arya pulled a Spiderman shenanigan when Waif stabbed her multiple times.

Some people die when they get shot once. 50 Cent got shot 9 times. Weird, right?

In all seriousness, what's weird about the Arya scene is how it defies TV convention (even Game of Thrones conventions) by being more realistic. Most people easily survive stabbings in non-vital areas.

I guess they also get better health care than Arya did, though.

Let alone falling in dirty, contaminated, urine filled water with an open wound. For all the good things this season did, that episode and leaps of logic in it are not one of them.

Jesus, Cersei culled a third of the main cast with that explosion.

Even if recognized as the ruler, how far would she go. Probly not getting married and having another kid. No relatives now either. Who would even get the throne is she died?

Loved pretty much everything about this episode.

I think next season is the Dragon Armies prying Cersei out of power and getting rid of any resistance and then it's Walker time. All the interaction with the Winter army will just be giant battles and they aren't going to have 5-6 episodes of giant battles so they need to work on setting it up a bit.

TBF, the last two episodes obviously got the bulk of the budget put toward then. Lots of location shooting for battles and travel, lots of FX.

It's probably why they're cutting down the next two seasons.

sure, but it's not that much more expensive to have decent cinematography and interesting shots.

This director knows how to do interesting shot composition in ways we have not seen in this series.

Sarek

Did Lyanna actually say the fathers name to Ned? I tried turning up the volume, but still couldn't hear everything she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom