• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ydelnae

Let alone falling in dirty, contaminated, urine filled water with an open wound. For all the good things this season did, that episode and leaps of logic in it are not one of them.

Lmao right? That episode was weird, some of us even thought it was a dream inside Arya's mind or something like that lol

Sheroking

Did Lyanna actually say the fathers name to Ned? I tried turning up the volume, but still couldn't hear everything she said.

She whispered some shit we weren't allowed to here, told him that Robert would kill the baby if he knew and then repeated "promise me".

There's no conspiracy here. Rhaegar is the father.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I'm still thinking about how Lancel couldn't even walk after a stab in the back yet Arya pulled a Spiderman shenanigan when Waif stabbed her multiple times.

The knife was probably poisoned by Qyburn.

(I know, the scene was a bit constructed, but it's not flat out illogical.)

Aselith

I'm still thinking about how Lancel couldn't even walk after a stab in the back yet Arya pulled a Spiderman shenanigan when Waif stabbed her multiple times.

For real and like Jaime gets his hand chopped off and lives but Ned gets his head chopped off and doesn't? Logical inconsistencies everywhere!

HE clearly got stabbed in the spine. That's why his legs didn't work. I don't know if that's how it works but it was a spine shank.

Ydelnae

For real and like Jaime gets his hand chopped off and lives but Ned gets his head chopped off and doesn't? Logical inconsistencies everywhere!

kidney stab?

Yeah, I know they were stabbed in different places, but you would think a trained assassin would be more lethal than a child. The scene with Lancel made it weird that a kid would land a stab in the perfect place. And it doesn't help that Arya was literally jumping around and swimming in that episode.

HE clearly got stabbed in the spine. That's why his legs didn't work. I don't know if that's how it works but it was a spine shank.

This makes more sense, though,

FeD.nL

I wonder if the whispering revealed whether she really was raped or if she was with him voluntarily.

I think one of the things she says before the Robert bit is 'His name is Jon' though it could be 'He's Rhaegar's Son'.

edit: On second thought I think I've had Rhaegar's Son makes the most sense. It definitely ends on '-on' what she says and then she says 'If Robert finds out...'.

Yeah, I know they were stabbed in different places, but you would think a trained assassin would be more lethal than a child. The scene with Lancel made it weird that a kid would land a stab in the perfect place.

while it's plot convenient, the Waif was clearly fucking with Aria and basically toying with her like a cat would a mouse.

I wonder if the whispering revealed whether she really was raped or if she was with him voluntarily.

I think it's pretty clear at this point they ran off together. While we didn't see Robert in his younger years, considering how he turned out with just drinking and doing nothing gives me the hint that maybe someone like Lyanna wouldn't fall head over heels for him.

It's pretty convenient for Robert to just be like "she took my girl dawg" and go to war.

I did a map of Westeros. Blue is on the Fuck Cersei side, red is pro-Cersei, yellow undeclared (though with Walder Frey dead the Tully lands are easy pickings for the North). She'll be Queen of nothing.

Count the north (and maybe the Vale) out of this. They are depleted, winter has come and the WW are about to attack.
Riverlands will follow the Lannisters since Freys breed like rats but they wont be much help.
The only question left now is what will happen to the Stormlands and the lordships around Dragonstone now that the Baratheons are officially extinct.

roytheone

Well, that was an AMAZING episode. Holy shit. So many storylines, and the were (almost) all interesting. Great use of music too. This Director should do all the important episodes going forward, he is by far the best. And damn Liam Cunningham is such a good actor.

I do wonder what Cersei is going to do, because looking at it.....she is super boned. Unsullied+dothraki+dragons+tyrell+dorne+the north army+arya. She is going to get decimated. And that is not even counting the fact that Jaimie is probably not too happy with her. I see no way out for her. She is fucked.

Nameless

Yeah, I know they were stabbed in different places, but you would think a trained assassin would be more lethal than a child. The scene with Lancel made it weird that a kid would land a stab in the perfect place. And it doesn't help that Arya was literally jumping around and swimming in that episode.

I thought the point was the Waif wanted to make her suffer and Arya broke free before she could finish the job.

Isn't it kind of unbelievable that the Dothraki would follow Dany overseas to fight and live in a strange land with strange rules?

They are completely unruly people who rape. Contrast this what Dany wanting to rid of slavery and rape with the slave cities.

I find it hard to believe that the huge army of Dothraki would follow a demonic fireproof woman. Isn't she just seen as demonic? Aren't they betraying their culture and faith? Surely there would be a huge internal conflict. Why suddenly leave our lands, our way of life, our culture, our rule? Who is this fireproof lady? Is she a test from god? Isn't she unnatural? Who gives a shit about her home? Why risk crossing the sea?

Yet it seems all the Dothraki conveniently follow Dany and make up for a large amount of her army. And what exactly does she expect from them? They will resort to rape and pillage, would they not? Her army sounds disastrously evil.

Does she land at Westeros already warring and toasting innocents? Is she there just to claim the title with some kind of civility? Will we see chaos or will she sit down for negotiations with people like Jon and perhaps even Cersei?

pestul

Wild theory.. what if Jaime is already dead and that was actually Arya already looking at Cersei lol

Jaime isn't on her list, but who better to get close to her? Actually terrible idea and I'd hate if they do this. We need to see Jaime losing faith in their relationship.

kaskade

Took a screen cap of the Zombie Mountain and ran it through Lightroom.

Holy hell he's creepy as hell, no wonder Unella was freaking out;

LaDrhGp.jpg

I was hoping someone would do that. I wanted to see what he really looked like.

Volimar

Remember how the kid lingered for a moment? I thought it was because they couldn't go through with killing Lancel but maybe it was to make sure Lancel couldn't walk before leaving.

jm89

so_good.png

Such a satisfying finally.

Finally an ending that doesn't involve the starks getting shitted on. Aryas scene was epic next up cersei.

You think sansa wont betray Jon?
No way. The whole "not telling Jon about the Vale Knights" wasn't some kind of betrayal or power play but brutal military stratagem meant to outmaneuver Ramsey.

People reading things as she wanted to take out Jon, or rule the North, are reading it wrong IMO

Window

You think sansa wont betray Jon?

Not at all. Just doesn't make sense. I also don't think Sansa withholding information was some strategy either, it was a case of her not being sure and well awkward writing.

Just to ask again, the prophecy of Cersei's children dying was never brought up in the show besides by Cersei at Myrcella's death
and that she would be killed by her brother (never been brought up) which people seem to be mentioning here
, is that right?

Volimar

Isn't it kind of unbelievable that the Dothraki would follow Dany overseas to fight and live in a strange land with strange rules?

They are completely unruly people who rape. Contrast this what Dany wanting to rid of slavery and rape with the slave cities.

I find it hard to believe that the huge army of Dothraki would follow a demonic fireproof woman. Isn't she just seen as demonic? Aren't they betraying their culture and faith? Surely there would be a huge internal conflict. Why suddenly leave our lands, our way of life, our culture, our rule? Who is this fireproof lady? Is she a test from god? Isn't she unnatural? Who gives a shit about her home? Why risk crossing the sea?

Yet it seems all the Dothraki conveniently follow Dany and make up for a large amount of her army. And what exactly does she expect from them? They will resort to rape and pillage, would they not? Her army sounds disastrously evil.

Does she land at Westeros already warring and toasting innocents? Is she there just to claim the title with some kind of civility? Will we see chaos or will she sit down for negotiations with people like Jon and perhaps even Cersei?

Yeah, and despite what the iron islanders say, I doubt they'll give up their ways so easily either. It's definitely going to come up next season.

My main disappointment this season is that we didn't get enough zombie Mountain wrecking people. I guess that'll be saved for the chaos next season

vityaz

The episode was good, but not that Godlike a lot of people seem to think, imo.

I think that the death of the high sparrow and all his minions went too fast and too clean, I wanted to see fighting, and the Mountain crushing some fanatics. :/

~10-year old talking old grumpy stubborn men into making a bastard their new king.

Daenarys scenes were kinda boring as usual. At least something happened with them finally leaving, ending with a shot of her strained looking face looking off into the distance (feels like it's the 100th time by now).
Btw, the dragons in general are kind of anticlimactic. I think they dropped the ball on that one. We've got to see them fly around screeching so many times without being as badass as you'd want the dragons to be, they don't really feel that cool anymore. The other ep we finally got to see them destroy a single boat though.

Sad to see Frey go, he was delightfully disgusting. I LOLed every time you got to hear his disgusting grunts and moans.

My main disappointment this season is that we didn't get enough zombie Mountain wrecking people. I guess that'll be saved for the chaos next season

Right. I'm hoping we get to see him actually 'fight' next see (against the Hound?). He racked up 2 kills this season and both were flawless victories, but damn....I want to see him unleashed.

roytheone

One thing i was a bit disappointed in was that the hound ended up doing......nothing of importance. Don't get me wrong, it is good to have him back and his scenes are still awesome, but in the grander story he didn't really do anything this season.

Volimar

Not at all. Just doesn't make sense. I also don't think Sansa withholding information was some strategy either, it was a case of her not being sure and well awkward writing.

Just to ask again, the prophecy of Cersei's children dying was never brought up in the show besides by Cersei at Myrcella's death
and that she would be killed by her brother (never been brought up) which people seem to be mentioning here
, is that right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFcXXP7NSV8

I must be missing the part about being killed by her brother.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
One thing i was a bit disappointed in was that the hound ended up doing......nothing of importance. Don't get me wrong, it is good to have him back and his scenes are still awesome, but in the grander story he didn't really do anything this season.

Other than appear from what we thought was death? That's enough for now.

No way. The whole "not telling Jon about the Vale Knights" wasn't some kind of betrayal or power play but brutal military stratagem meant to outmaneuver Ramsey.

People reading things as she wanted to take out Jon, or rule the North, are reading it wrong IMO

While I agree, the interviews with Kit and Sophie talking about this episode definitely play up the "tension" between them -- and how Jon didn't give Sansa any credit, etc.

It could be the actors just speculating like the rest of us -- or they could have more insight into the thoughts of the characters from the script/director.

Im retroactively angry the rest of this series so frequently lacked the nuanced cinematography of this episode. So many episodes are just talking heads and exposition. This and the last had care for framing and scenes that tell story and build atmosphere without speaking.

Not all directors are created equal. The gap in quality in 7&8 vs 9&10 is staggering, made worse by the fact that they aired back to back.
Part of the problem is just the nature of an annual TV seriesmaking it impossible for 1 directors vision to be present because of time constraints. But the show runners are kind of responsible for ensuring there aren't huge gaps in quality.

Yeah, and despite what the iron islanders say, I doubt they'll give up their ways so easily either. It's definitely going to come up next season.

I want things to crumble for Dany. She's gotten by and way too much luck and convenience. I wonder if she'll ever get to sit the iron throne or if she'll die before then.

An overwhelming number of her army are rapists and pillagers and completely unlawful people.

Well, I think we will definitely head toward a Mountain vs. Hound (w/ an Arya assist) fight. The only person stopping that monstrosity is the little brother that he tortured and scarred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom