• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDB

Banned
One thing i was a bit disappointed in was that the hound ended up doing......nothing of importance. Don't get me wrong, it is good to have him back and his scenes are still awesome, but in the grander story he didn't really do anything this season.
I still hope he runs into his brother even if they don't end up fighting. Would love to see the Hound's reaction to that.

HvySky

One thing i was a bit disappointed in was that the hound ended up doing......nothing of importance. Don't get me wrong, it is good to have him back and his scenes are still awesome, but in the grander story he didn't really do anything this season.

Don't worry, he's sure to have a significant role to play next season. Reestablishing him in this world and tying him to the Brotherhood is enough for now. They wouldn't bring him back into the fold if there was no reason for it.

While I agree, the interviews with Kit and Sophie talking about this episode definitely play up the "tension" between them -- and how Jon didn't give Sansa any credit, etc.

It could be the actors just speculating like the rest of us -- or they could have more insight into the thoughts of the characters from the script/director.

It's them speculating. Kitt gave a completely diffrent reason for not beating Ramsay to death than the producers did.

They clearly set him up for next season.

Aria and him are in the same area at this point, wouldn't be shocked if they cross paths again before the series is done (and btw he is off his list, hence why she didn't kill him)

If Daenarys is already on her way to Dorne, where does Euron and his fleet come into play? Is he just going to sail to Kings Landing and fight for Cercei?

Nameless

Looking forward to Euron offering Cersei his big..fleet next season. Whether or not he asks for her hand in marriage or Casterly Rock or something else remains to be seen, but they're natural allies given how all the other chips have fallen. Plus it would let D&D nerd out with a massive naval battle.

Sapochnik or bust.

That whole opening scene can't be praised enough

Last year, I said Sicario's Juarez convoy scene was the most tense of 2015, how its cinematography and music perfectly coalesced to deliver moment after moment of growing tension and suspense

I'd think that whole opening Sept sequence might be 2016's. It was just wonderfully paced and edited, moving the pieces into place, the music building along with our gradual realization, as events descended into bloodshed and chaos before reaching the ultimate explosive crescendo and payoff for 2 seasons of Cersei/Sparrow maneuvering and 6 seasons of Cersei's ruthless rise

zma1013

Not sure anyone knows how it works. The last time Arya saw Jaqen in westeros he changed his face and he hadn't been near the hall of faces for quite a while I think.

He also killed a bunch of dudes by then so he could have taken some faces and put them in his pocket. Can't wait to see Walrya Frey next season.

Not sure anyone knows how it works. The last time Arya saw Jaqen in westeros he changed his face and he hadn't been near the hall of faces for quite a while I think.

Yeah I don't think its practical for faceless men to operate in Westeros and Essos if they must use faces kept in Braavos. The details of how the faces work hasn't been explain well. I thought I understood it until I saw Jaqen drink the poison and Arya revealed the many faces underneath - including her own. Now I'm at a total loss but its clear that Arya can use other faces.

roytheone

Well, I think we will definitely head toward a Mountain vs. Hound (w/ an Arya assist) fight. The only person stopping that monstrosity is the little brother that he tortured and scarred.

Yeah, thats what I expect too. Would be awesome. Would also fit with the brotherhood probably not being ok with a zombie monster existing. Can't wait for that fight!

If Daenarys is already on her way to Dorne, where does Euron and his fleet come into play? Is he just going to sail to Kings Landing and fight for Cercei?

I would assume so. I mean, right now cersei is so outnumbered she will just get wrecked immediately. She needs to get some allies to make the battles interesting.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Not at all. Just doesn't make sense. I also don't think Sansa withholding information was some strategy either, it was a case of her not being sure and well awkward writing.

Just to ask again, the prophecy of Cersei's children dying was never brought up in the show besides by Cersei at Myrcella's death
and that she would be killed by her brother (never been brought up) which people seem to be mentioning here
, is that right?

The season 5 episode 1 opens with a flashback of teenage cersei meeting a witch who tells her the prophecy.

JDB

Banned
That whole opening scene can't be praised enough

Last year, I said Sicario's Juarez convoy scene was the most tense of 2015, how its cinematography and music perfectly coalesced to deliver moment after moment of growing tension and suspense

I'd think that whole opening Sept sequence might be 2016's. It was just wonderfully paced and edited, moving the pieces into place, the music building along with our gradual realization, as events descended into bloodshed and chaos before reaching the ultimate explosive crescendo and payoff for 2 seasons of Cersei/Sparrow manhevering and 6 seasons of Cersei's ruthless rise
Yep. It was something I don't think we've seen before in GoT and it was amazing. Possibly my favorite part of the entire series. It was necessary as well because having another event similar to the Red or Purple wedding wouldn't have had nearly the same impact anymore.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Amazing finale and probably the best season since the first.

Gonna be a long wait!

I wasn't expecting to see the hound again so soon, but I'm surprised it's been a few episodes since we saw Brienne. It feels like she should have been fighting in the big battle and now she is where, still in the riverlands?

EL CUCO

I wonder if Catelyn ever knew about Jon's true origin. Looking back now, seems like Ned had a tremendous weight to carry by not telling her.

JDB

Banned
I wonder if Catelyn ever knew about Jon's true origin. Looking back now, seems like Ned had a tremendous weight to carry by not telling her.
Considering how much she despised Jon and what she's thought he stood for I don't think so.

takriel

Guys I haven't seen the episode yet, so please don't respond with spoilers to this post. But I have to ask: Is the finale hype or bore?

boxter432

They clearly set him up for next season.

Aria and him are in the same area at this point, wouldn't be shocked if they cross paths again before the series is done (and btw he is off his list, hence why she didn't kill him)

I am thinking a Hound/Brotherhood + Arya + Meli reunion. She is riding south and most likely will run into the brotherhood as they are of the same faith (and she found them easily before when grabbing Gendry from them) and she said she would see Arya again.

Pretty damn sure she didn't know. I don't think anyone did although I wouldn't be surprised if Howland Reed had his suspicions.

I wasn't expecting to see the hound again so soon, but I'm surprised it's been a few episodes since we saw Brienne. It feels like she should have been fighting in the big battle and now she is where, still in the riverlands?

I forgot about that. She should have been back at Winterfell by then, because if it really takes that long to get back, the Tully army would have been too late.

I'm thinking she might run into the Hound again, before getting to Winterfell. Assuming they're anywhere near each other anyway.

sangreal

even if she wasn't in the battle, she should have been in winterfell this episode. I guess we can write it off as her not having a horse or something

FeD.nL

So Grey Worm being on another ship... I think he's going to die before they come ashore.

Would leave Dany's army without a Military Commander for a few episodes but the perfect set-up for Jorah to swoop in and lead her armies.

That was one hell of an episode although I do want to say that anyone who posts episode spoilers, while the episode is on or soon after, on social media should be publicly executed.

JDB

Banned
So Grey Worm being on another ship... I think he's going to die before they come ashore.

Would leave Dany's army without a Military Commander for a few episodes but the perfect set-up for Jorah to swoop in and lead her armies.
It'll be interesting to see where they're going to take Jorah's story if anywhere at all.

My wife at the end of last night's episode:

"The ladies are taking over." (with a grin)

Overall, what an amazing episode and season. The next two seasons being shorter won't even bother me if they have the care and direction much of this season (particularly the last two episodes) had.

even if she wasn't in the battle, she should have been in winterfell this episode. I guess we can write it off as her not having a horse or something

Yeah, they needed to touch base with her again. She left the Blackfish before things went to shit but she hasn't appeared again at any locations.

Symphonic

Djawadi definitely stepped it up this season. My biggest complaint with him was that he stuck too close to 2 or 3 themes, but Light of the Seven is so different from anything else on the show and really set that scene apart and made it feel special. Hope he uses it again w/ Cersei later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom