• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Hardhome for 6 straight episodes.

That's not going to happen.

If anything, they will have offscreen battles like in the previous years. I think some of the final battles will be seen and witnessed, but I have a feeling we're going to simply hear about houses falling to the Walkers as Jon and Co. are driven south to escape White Walkers.

Honestly, something like this should take at least a year (or me) of real world time to do, maybe more. Seeing months go by as winter gets worse and worse, jumping from castle to castle would be extremely interesting.

How is Varys at Dorne and on Dany's ships?

I think I saw Dorne ships in the fleet, not sure tho

Considering Cerci has literally zero inner government workings or spy networks, she's completely in the dark of what's coming her way. Wouldn't be shocked if they already landed in Dorne and are moving to Blackwater Bay

Jackpot

Banned
You can say whatever you want about weeks passing between scenes and whatnot, but getting from Westeros to Essos within 25 minutes in one episode is just poorly paced and confusing.

And it can't have been weeks if Jamie is shown at the Twins after Cersei blows up the Sept, yet when he returns the dust cloud over Kings Landing and fires are still there.

Maxim726X

The Lannisters are a spent force. They have no allies. They have no money - their gold mines have run dry and the Iron Bank has no reason to keep funding them. King's Landing is about to starve since I'm sure the Tyrells have ceased supplying them. How can they even field an army?

Anyone want to take bets on how long they last?

I give it 3 episodes before one of the dozens of factions of people that want her dead seal the deal.

Stat!

it's a little bit heart wrenching with Tommen, sure he was a clueless little puppy dog with a shiny hat but he clearly and legitimately loved Margaery, so much so that he lemming'd himself right out that window. Poor little guy...

Incredible episode.

Yep. Im just so upset that Margaery is gone. She was too smart. It still makes me sick. Haven't felt this way in a long time since Red Wedding I think.

That whole opening scene can't be praised enough

Last year, I said Sicario's Juarez convoy scene was the most tense of 2015, how its cinematography and music perfectly coalesced to deliver moment after moment of growing tension and suspense

I'd think that whole opening Sept sequence might be 2016's. It was just wonderfully paced and edited, moving the pieces into place, the music building along with our gradual realization, as events descended into bloodshed and chaos before reaching the ultimate explosive crescendo and payoff for 2 seasons of Cersei/Sparrow maneuvering and 6 seasons of Cersei's ruthless rise

Yeah I was just watching the whole thing in awe. You just had this feeling something huge was about to go down from the first 10 seconds. The way the music played, watching all the players in the trial slowly putting on their garb for the courtroom, Cersei's plan slowly unfolding and clicking for you at what's happening. It was just God tier television.

Really the whole episode was

FeD.nL

I love Hardhome but is that level of action going to be engaging for an entire season? I can only guess that Martin has something up his sleeve for that final arc. There has to be some political element we can't predict.

That's not going to happen.

If anything, they will have offscreen battles like in the previous years. I think some of the final battles will be seen and witnessed, but I have a feeling we're going to simply hear about houses falling to the Walkers as Jon and Co. are driven south to escape White Walkers.

Honestly, something like this should take at least a year (or me) of real world time to do, maybe more. Seeing months go by as winter gets worse and worse, jumping from castle to castle would be extremely interesting.

I think I saw Dorne ships in the fleet, not sure tho

But next season is 7 episodes and the last season 6 right? I could be wrong. So I expect the next season to handle all the politics of Westeros and ending with the Wall breaking down. And the final season being the battle against the White Walkers with Bran probably doing a lot of time travel.

Really liked the music, especially the beginning. Really could tell it was building to something. Also liked that wicked outfit cerseit was wearing. Little lady whatshername continues to be a badass

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The director of the the last two episodes....

Give this man a damn promotion

He's going to be the next Rian Johnson. I just hope he doesnt waste his talents in Marvel movies.

Keep him away from Justice League as well. Zach Snyder has done irreparable damage to that franchise already.

I'm not sure about what Varys is planning.

Did he just go to Dorn to get ships for Dany's army, since he wouldn't have been there when the Greyjoy outlaws showed up?

Or is he planning a double-cross?

That part was very vague to me. I couldn't read his intent and they were speaking in code about some general vengeance, most of which is obviously guided toward the Lannisters.

FeD.nL

He's going to be the next Rian Johnson. I just hope he doesnt waste his talents in Marvel movies.

Keep him away from Justice League as well. Zach Snyder has done irreparable damage to that franchise already.

He's directing an episode of Iron Fist, so Marvel has him, though it is the television department.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yep. Im just so upset that Margaery is gone. She was too smart. It still makes me sick. Haven't felt this way in a long time since Red Wedding I think.

no she wasnt. if she thought Cersei would go to the trial she's as dumb as the rest of them.

She tried to be too political for her own good. Her dad had an army, she needs to understand that blood had to be spilled. She fucked up the moment she made the deal with the High Sparrow.

Volimar

Did he just go to Dorn to get ships for Dany's army, since he wouldn't have been there when the Greyjoy outlaws showed up?

That part was very vague to me. I couldn't read his intent and they were speaking in code about some general vengeance, most of which is obviously guided toward the Lannisters.

Dorne will likely act as a friendly harbor to the invasion fleet and act as a springboard for the invasion.

sangreal

But next season is 7 episodes and the last season 6 right? I could be wrong. So I expect the next season to handle all the politics of Westeros and ending with the Wall breaking down. And the final season being the battle against the White Walkers with Bran probably doing a lot of time travel.
The 13 episode thing is just a guess (their word) D&D threw out there before the season but that sounds about right

zma1013

No doublecross, he went there to get more allies to take King's Landing. Varys isn't scheming or planning anything.

reKon

Banned
HOLY FUCK, I knew it!!

After seeing this episode last night and the episode last week and thinking about how memorable some of the shots were, I looked up this director and saw that he directed episodes of House.

I instantly thought of one insane episode that stood out because of the distinct one of the scenes was shot, which was sort of reminiscent of last weeks battle scene in terms of how unique it was in comparison to the rest of the scenes in the season.

This is the episode of House I'm referring to: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1900094/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_17

Scene in episode:
He operates on his own leg to remove tumors in his bathtub

It was probably one of the most uneasy scenes I've seen on House and the whole dark tone of the scene was incredible. And of course this episode is listed as one that he directed. I hope he does a few more in the last 2 seasons.

Based on his conversation w/ Tyrion before he left ("were going to need friends in Westeros), he was just going to secure an alliance of some sort.

reKon

Banned
That whole opening scene can't be praised enough

Last year, I said Sicario's Juarez convoy scene was the most tense of 2015, how its cinematography and music perfectly coalesced to deliver moment after moment of growing tension and suspense

I'd think that whole opening Sept sequence might be 2016's. It was just wonderfully paced and edited, moving the pieces into place, the music building along with our gradual realization, as events descended into bloodshed and chaos before reaching the ultimate explosive crescendo and payoff for 2 seasons of Cersei/Sparrow maneuvering and 6 seasons of Cersei's ruthless rise

When I was watching, this felt like some Godfather baptism scene shit was about to go down.

Dusk88

Neo Member

As part of his plan to restore Daenerys to the Iron Throne he knew they would need allies so he's working with the Martells and the Tyrells (who hate the Lannisters equally) as a way to get their foot in the door.

I'm guessing by the time the giant force make it to King's landing they'll realize the white walkers are an even bigger threat than Cersei. They'll probably fight each other (and that may be next season's finale). I then imagine the last season will be dedicated to an all out war with the White walkers in the middle/south of Westeros.

I'm excited to see where they take it though.

Hey I just realized we need an Ice Queen. The Night King must get lonely, and Cersei is pretty up his alley

I just want Frozen in my Game of Thrones

Dai101

Banned
Re-watched the final scene with Snow and Sansa.

She's definitely not happy, which is why the final shot was her looking at LF with the "huh I guess my half brother who is technically a Snow is going to rule over the North and not me...." look.

I think you need to rewatch that again. I don't get any of what you say.

So, no one has a problem with the Dothraki conveniently and blindly dropping their life to fight for Dany?

I also just realized that they'd make great fodder for the Others. They number 10s of thousands, dont they?

Zaptruder

Banned
Jesus. Top tier television. Amazing amazing pay off the last two episodes. Hits all the feels.

Oh man... oh man... Season 7 is going to be a huge come down. We're in the home stretch now. The grim reaper will be back, and a lot of our favourite characters are going to fall with few making it through.

I mean, it only makes sense given the apocalyptic scenario we're headed towards.

ezgif-483185209.gif

From @JimmyDonofrio

Kings Landing

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Man, the back to back episodes of 9, and 10 were so good... I think they just cemented this show as possibly one of the greatest. I know they can't all be this good, nor should they... but I just can't get over how great that battle was, and how good the resolve and climb down from the action episode 10 was.

GoT has highs and lows like everything (and the lows are truly slogging and meandering), but the highs are like nothing else on television.

zma1013

So, no one has a problem with the Dothraki conveniently and blindly dropping their life to fight for Dany?

I also just realized that they'd make great fodder for the Others. They number 10s of thousands, dont they?

She killed all their leaders making her the new leader and also she walked out of a burning fire alive and unharmed so they probably think she's a god or something.

I find it very difficult to believe Sansa will just outright betray Jon after everything they've been through and I really hope the show doesn't go down this path. She hasn't really shown herself to be too power hungry and this very episode she talks about how to her Jon is a Stark and not just a bastard.

Idk I would not be happy with that storyline at all. The idea of the Starks turning against each other after everything they've been through is just ugh.

Drakken

It's probably been mentioned already, but can I just state how fantastic that opening track was? The piano caught me off guard at first as I'm not used to hearing that be the featured instrument in Thrones, but what a perfect song to accompany the events unfolding on-screen, with a masterful, epic (and I don't use that word lightly) build-up. Really made you feel like something huge was about to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ba_RzZu4Vw

https://open.spotify.com/track/7DbbEaULNuEe95sxVJFwXQ

Varys has always been down with the Targareyn's, as evidenced with his dealings with Illyrio.

-griffy-

Banned
It's probably been mentioned already, but can I just state how fantastic that opening track was? The piano caught me off guard at first as I'm not used to hearing that be the featured instrument in Thrones, but what a perfect song to accompany the events unfolding on-screen, with a masterful, epic (and I don't use that word lightly) build-up. Really made you feel like something huge was about to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ba_RzZu4Vw

https://open.spotify.com/track/7DbbEaULNuEe95sxVJFwXQ

Ramin getting on that Zimmer/Interstellar level with the organ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom