• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

so why couldn't Ned tell Catelyn?

I'm guessing he promised to tell no one. Honorable to a fault.

Also, when Ned and Caitlyn got married, it was an arranged thing. He might not have trusted her for a while.

Yeah IIRC that was very early in their marriage and I'm sure Ned did not want any risk of the child of his beloved sister being killed by the king.

And after Cat had expressed anger towards Jon so many times it'd probably hint at something if she stopped... so probably had to keep the act going.

UGH it sucks that Ned died. Honorable people just can't stay alive in Westeros

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I'm guessing he promised to tell no one. Honorable to a fault.

Also, when Ned and Caitlyn got married, it was an arranged thing. He might not have trusted her for a while.

Saying much was risky. If there was even one slip up, Ned would've been killed as a traitor along with baby Jon.

Vaga

That was one hell of a fucking season ending, this and last week episode might be the best in the whole show.

And the soundtrack was pure bliss. Fucking GoT man.

Respect

You better watch out, You might even cry, You can try to out run, I'm telling you why, Arya Stark is coming to town ...
She's made her list, Not checking it twice, She already knows you've been naughty, not nice, Arya Stark is coming to town ...
She knows where you've been sleeping, She knows when you're awake, She knows that you've been bad, not good, So just die for your own sake ...
You better watch out, You might even cry, You can try to our run, I'm telling you why, Arya Stark is coming to town ...
With little steel blades, all in her case, stabby stab stabs and a cunning little face, Arya Stark is coming to town ...

Who's next?? Smart money feels like Melisandre...

The Hound (Subject to change at Arya's discretion - Assisting or killing the Mountain may absolve you of your sins)
Cersei
Ilyn
The Mountain
Melisandre
Beric
Thoros
R̶o̶r̶g̶e̶
W̶a̶l̶d̶e̶r̶
T̶y̶w̶i̶n̶
P̶o̶l̶l̶i̶v̶e̶r̶
J̶o̶f̶f̶r̶e̶y̶
M̶e̶r̶y̶n̶

Wow I just realized that there is a Cersei prophesy from the show, and then there is an extra part of Cersei's prophesy that was only found in the books. Not specifically talking about either one, but some really poorly written articles on the front page of google news are talking about the whole prophesy from the books and the show together without pointing out that they are doing so or even mentioning the books at all. So it's easy to be unintentionally spoiled like I was... eh not a huge spoiler to me. I don't want to talk about the books, and I haven't read them, but I did want to warn people to be careful if they are trying to avoid book spoilers like I am.

I'd like to know. I think I kniw what it is because I don't remember it being mentioned on the show. PM me

Meowster

Wait Jon is Ned and Lyannas kid.....I thought Jon had Targaryen blood according to that scene
You're right. Lyanna's child was with Daenerys's older brother. It was just funny to me that my family (and apparently others here) interpreted that scene as Ned and Lyanna being intimate together and that being their baby.

Little finger said to Sansa " a bastard born in the south " .... something along the lines about being born in the south.

He already knew .

The more I think about the small dialog the better interactions become. Also, foretelling of what is about to happen. SO GOOOOOOD@!@!

Deku Tree

I feel like the show has only revealed that John is Lyanna's child. The father is most likely Rhaegar I guess based on everything in the show so far but IMO the show hasn't specifically revealed that yet.

duckroll

Who's next?? Smart money feels like Melisandre...

I think that Mel might meet up with the Brotherhood, and Arya could get a triple kill on Melisandre, Beric, and Thoros. Then she spares the Hound because she considers him already dead, and the debt paid. They journey together again, head to King's Landing, and the Hound helps kill the Mountain, and Arya assassinates Cersei. That'll clear the entire list.

Jaime can be the one who opens the door for them. LOL.

Respect

Are you sure Jon isn't an incest baby? Maybe Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna to protect her from her rapist brother. That might explain why Ned was so violent and killed all the kingsguard to get to her. Even resorting to backstabbing someone. It could be he isn't as honorable as we thought!

Possible, but there was some foreshadowing with Maester Aemon at castle black about the Targaryens and then Jon showing up right as he finishes his monologue about it.

Neospartan

Neo Member
Incredible how Cersei, by action or inaction, has managed to put each and every realm of Westeros and then some, against her. Like, not even Jaime wants to back her now.

A week ago I estimated the numbers of what we could call Dany's Conquest. I ended up with 126,000 fighters in Westeros and 60,000 in Mereen, though I thought only the Lannisters and the Tyrells would fight Dany and Dorne would side with her, everyone else not even caring.

Now, both the Tyrells and Dorne have sided with Dany, raising the conqueror's numbers all the way to 113,000 (taken into account the Second Sons staying in Mereen).

This leaves the Cersei with just 45,000 men to defend Westeros. And who knows, maybe even Jaime will refuse to back her.

This upcoming war is so one-sided, we may even get a peaceful conquest for resistance is futile at this point.

Tommen gives new meaning to King's Landing, amirite?

giphy.gif

Elandyll

Banned
I keep seeing people predicting Arya killing Mel... why? I don't think she is on her list, right? (They are due to meet again though, as per Mel herself)

zsynqx

I feel like the show has only revealed that John is Lyanna's child. The father is most likely Rhaegar I guess based on everything in the show so far but IMO the show hasn't specifically revealed that yet.

Well we know it isn't Robert with what Lyanna told Ned.

"If Robert finds out he'll kill him, you know he will, you have to protect him."

RDreamer

Witcher TV show........no thank you. It would be like.a Stannis spin off series with how dull Geralt is.

A) people love Stannis around here :p

B) If you've read the books, you'd know why it'd be an amazing show. It's very much like GoT and Geralt isn't always the main character. There's a lot they could pull from, or they could follow the main saga from the books.

TyrantII

Little finger said to Sansa " a bastard born in the south " .... something along the lines about being born in the south.

He already knew .

The more I think about the small dialog the better interactions become. Also, foretelling of what is about to happen. SO GOOOOOOD@!@!

The war was down in Dorne. That doesn't reveal much, since that's where Ned supposedly had his affair while at war.

I'm sure Little Fingers knows that Jon is a Targ. I would be surprised if Tyrion and Varys don't know.

The war was down in Dorne. That doesn't reveal much, since that's where Ned supposedly had his affair while at war.

Why didn't Jon take the surname of Sand (or whatever is down South)?

VAD

Holy hell not Margaery! We will never know what her super secret plan was now :(
Fortunately Olenna will sass everyone to death to avenge her.
Grand Maester Pimp got got by children, not cool Qybyurn, you didn't have to do this, all he wanted was some young piece of ass and a bottle a wine...
It felt good to see Littlefinger be proven wrong for once. He even got rejected and dissed hard by Sansa feelsgood.jpg . Let's hope he doesn't do something stupid out of Petyrness.
Daario is invited to the friendzone, somewhere, Jorah is having a laugh; that was stone cold.
I don't really get why Ned simply said that Jon was his nephew, it would have made everything much simpler for everyone.
Uncle Zombie looks cool but did not a lot of cool things, too bad, let's hope we will see him burn all kind of White Walker ass next season.
Is Bran stuck to the tree as he is 3ER now? Next season risks to be boring for him.
Arya has now become a true psycho, I can't wait until she meets Hound again.
Speaking of the Cleganes, has the Mountain actor changed again or is it really good makeup?
Dany is finally getting things going to Westeros, shit is going to be heated.
That is all, 2017 can't come soon enough.

Deku Tree

Well we know it isn't Robert with what Lyanna told Ned.

"If Robert finds out he'll kill him, you know he will, you have to protect him."

I agree, but this is a show where if you didn't die a gruesome on camera death scene then there is no guarantee that you are actually dead.

ok,that explain the "R+L" thing.
but why ned said that was his son?

Ned's sister Lyanna was betrothed to Robert Baratheon, the newly crowned and extremely violent and anti-Targaryen king. It's highly likely he would have murdered the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna to get revenge/out of jealousy. But the bastard son of a young lord would never raise suspicion; the kingdom is full of them. And some bastards are raised close to the lord's family and live relatively well, as Jon did.

Neospartan

Neo Member
I keep seeing people predicting Arya killing Mel... why? I don't think she is on her list, right? (They are due to meet again though, as per Mel herself)

She was on her list at some point, because she took Gendry. Though eventually she got removed because, come on, she only took Gendry, that's nowhere near bad enough to what the other people on her list have done to her.

I don't really get why Ned simply said that Jon was his nephew, it would have made everything much simpler for everyone.
That is all, 2017 can't come soon enough.

Because Jon would have been instant killed by Robert, as Jon is a Targ. He could never reveal who Jon really was, as he promised to protect Jon to his sister on her deathbed

Undefined

One thing that bothered me is that sansa and arya dont really look like sisters.
Am I allowed to ask if they look alike in the books?

Jon is the only one not truly playing the game. Maybe that's why he'll win. Seems the story they've been telling all along.
Yeah, just like his "father' :\ People who don't play the game have been brutally rekt in this show, including Jon getting stabbed by half the people whose lives he saved weeks earlier. Had he played the game, he would have offed their leader and never died. He will also likely need Sansa to save his ass next season. Jon has done dumb shit and gotten away with it through others helping him on many occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom