• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know half the names that have been mentioned in the last two pages, lol. I don't know how people who only watch each episode once are supposed to keep track of all these characters. Some of these people haven't been seen in the show in like five years. I probably just have a bad memory though.

Nameless

I wonder if hearing Bran yell "father" informed how Ned proceeded with Jon in anyway. He could've taken it as a sign or maybe it planted the seed; there were plenty of ways to keep him hidden & safe that didn't involve raising him as his own.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I don't know half the names that have been mentioned in the last two pages, lol. I don't know how people who only watch each episode once are supposed to keep track of all these characters. Some of these people haven't been seen in the show in like five years. I probably just have a bad memory though.

People who only watch the episodes once and aren't total nerds speculation on Gaf will have no idea who Jon's real dad is.

Even in my favorite shows, I could probably only name a handful of characters, but since I love Game of Thrones so much and have seen each episode probably 5-6 times over, I remember a lot of names.

TyrantII

Same! I immediately had to think of the Grand Archives as well.

Also, those lamp thingies hanging there seem to be the same as those things from the intro:
4kr3r.jpg

Well not 100% I suppose. But it's a nice nod.

OT a bit, but has anyone ever noticed that the known world in GoT is a Dysonsphere according to the intro?

pringles

Great finale, so many goosebump-moments. My favorite possibly being Sam in the citadel library.. the music! But of course also the scene with Jon named king.

Margaery tho :*( I had legit panic during those last moments. Really thought her character deserved a better ending.

So I'm glad they went with the widely accepted theory that Jon is the son of Rhaegar & Lyanna (I guess they didn't really specify if it was a consensual relationship though?) but what grinds my gears about the theory in the first place is why Ned couldn't even give Cate a heads up as to what was going on?

Not telling Robert? Sure, of course. Not telling Jon? Ok, it's probably safer that way. But not telling Catelyn? What a dick. Instead he feeds her the line about knocking up some broad and then the guy grows up with his "step mom" despising him? What was the harm in cluing her in to the fact that it was her nephew?

I know they weren't married for long before Ned took off but still, come on man. The dude already felt shunned enough with the Snow name, he didn't have to take shit from your wife too...

Einchy

So since Beric Dondarrion and Thoros of Myr are on Arya's list, and she seems rather focused on crossing some names out, I'm guessing this is how she meets up with The Hound again.

I wonder if Ned told Benjen about Jon, afterall Benjen was also Lysanna's brother.

He let his wife think he fathered a kid with someone else so he probably didn't tell anyone.

Mully

First time I had goosebumps watching this TV show. What an amazing moment.

I was a bit confused by the moment. Sure Jon has been put through the ringer and he certainly deserves his moment, but his victory over the Boltons was not deserving of him being called King in the North.

Why did all of the Northern houses call him king?

Rubenov

I was a bit confused by the moment. Sure Jon has been put through the ringer and he certainly deserves his moment, but his victory over the Boltons was not deserving of him being called King in the North.

Lady Mormont showed them what's up.

Because they want to be independent. They need a King for that.

Until Roose/Ramsay betrayed them, they were free from the Seven Kingdoms, at least briefly. I don't think they wanted to rejoin under Joffrey, and they certainly don't want to be a part of what it's devolved to now.

SummitAve

Banned
So since Beric Dondarrion and Thoros of Myr are on Arya's list, and she seems rather focused on crossing some names out, I'm guessing this is how she meets up with The Hound again.

How she meets up with anyone seems like a moot point. She can straight up just appear places.

Mully

Lady Mormont showed them what's up.

Because they want to be independent. They need a King for that.

Until Roose/Ramsay betrayed them, they were free from the Seven Kingdoms, at least briefly. I don't think they wanted to rejoin under Joffrey, and they certainly don't want to be a part of what it's devolved to now.

I can appreciate Lady Mormont's argument, but it didn't convince me beyond them uniting to fight the Wakers.

I'm sure his future actions will have me on board, but right now, her argument seemed a bit flimsy to me. Maybe after a season 6 binge watch, I'll get it.

QUOTE=Rubenov;208509082]Yep, best looking woman that remained on the show. Don't even like the Dragon mother.[/QUOTE]

But there's still Tyene!

Einchy

How she meets up with anyone seems like a moot point. She can straight up just appear places.

How do you know how many days it has been since we saw her in Braavos? It was probably months since we last saw her there. It's possible that when she left the House of White and Black, that Jon was still a corpse, the show has never shown time linearly.

neoism

Guys its been posted a bunch but its impossible to watch this video and not realize the father is Rhaegar. Like there isn't room for interpretation of it being anyone else coupled with what we saw last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xaspBsfgRg

woow this has great editing... just goes to show that ppl that haven't watched the earlier seasons in a long time can definitely get confused...

Man I can only imagine the lucky ppl that will wait this series out and watch it all together... :O

Apzu

He let his wife think he fathered a kid with someone else so he probably didn't tell anyone.
He had just married Cathelyn so he might have had some doubts about her reliability (and she would have married his older brother), but he knew Benjen since they were kids. Maybe that's even why Benjen decided to join the Night's Watch, he did not agree with Ned's way of handling things.

So how come the kingdoms dont run themselves? How exactly does the iron throne in Kings landing benefit from kingdoms like dorne? What's the benefit of being the king over just the ruler of dorne or the north?

Wouldnt everyone want independence?

Einchy

He had just married Cathelyn so he might have had some doubts about her reliability (and she would have married his older brother), but he knew Benjen since they were kids. Maybe that's even why Benjen decided to join the Night's Watch, he did not agree with Ned's way of handling things.

He could have always told her in the next 14 years but didn't. Not telling her hurt both of them but he still didn't tell Cat because he promised Lyanna.

Huh. I forgot about that. Why are they on her list? I remember her being captive at one point but can't remember what they did that deserves the same treatment as Frey and Ser Pedo.

Btw I didnt realize Martin was almost 70...

Im sure people have considered a scenario in which he doesn't finish his books, right? What then?

Qyburn is Hand of the Queen, he was wearing the pin during her coronation. I think she'll keep things small. Her,Qyburn, and Jaime. Maybe Bronn gets in on the war prep.

Re: Bronn and Cersei. Those two actors dated on real life years ago and they aren't on speaking terms. Pretty sure they don't go on set at the same time, etc.

Aselith

Btw I didnt realize Martin was almost 70...

Im sure people have considered a scenario in which he doesn't finish his books, right? What then?

Then we'll have a Robert Jordan situation and someone will be contracted to complete the work as best as possible. He seemed impressed with Stephen King's speed...maybe we could tag him in?

televator

Hmm... Im a little more skeptical now about an eventual Dorne alliance with Winterfell. Ellaria Sand might not look past how Lyanna lead to the deaths of Oberyn's sister and nephews/nieces. Plus how Nedd was BFFs with the man who was chiefly responsible even above Tywin Lannister.

If Jon is told about his parentage though, perhaps he can work the whole "Robbert would have killed me too" angle. Ellaria isn't not a cool headed lady. She has shown that she is difficult to sway. Of course Danny may be more easily won over by Jon's partial parentage and she will ultimately have the final say, but Ellaria will harbor what contempt she will and might disregard Danny.

Little finger should be all too happy to add fuel to that fire...

Rubenov

So, what explains Cerise's sort of cold reaction to the death of her son? He was her last remaining child, right?

Also, she gains nothing by being queen that she didn't have before. I thought she did this for family, and her family is pretty much gone aside from Jamie. She should've also jumped from a window or something.

Ferrio

Banned
So, what explains Cerise's sort of cold reaction to the death of her son? He was her last remaining child, right?

Also, she gains nothing by being queen that she didn't have before. I thought she did this for family, and her family is pretty much gone aside from Jamie. She should've also jumped from a window or something.

She probably thought he was doomed no matter what, she seemed to believe in the witch's prophecy.

Einchy

This is the third time she has had to look down on one of her dead kids, she's probably completely dead inside, it hurt like a motherfucker but she no longer has any tears to shed. She kept Tommen from going there because she loved him and did all of this to get him back, she just didn't expect to lose him while doing so.

After Marcella bit it I think she knew it was coming with the prophecy and whatnot.

Vashetti

Banned
Qyburn is Hand of the Queen, he was wearing the pin during her coronation. I think she'll keep things small. Her,Qyburn, and Jaime. Maybe Bronn gets in on the war prep.

Not a chance. Lena Headey and Jerome Flynn refuse to share scenes together and are kept apart as much as possible on set.

Has it ever been confirmed that Rhaegar got killed in the show? If so, who killed him?

Robert on the left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom