• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimmle

Why was Jon was even named King of the North? Like, it made lots of sense when Robb was rallied behind, but Jon?

Isn't this kind of unprecedented for bastards? Wouldn't there be an expectation that he'd honor his oath and not abandon the Night's Watch? I mean, I highly doubt most people accept he died and came back to life lol. Plus, the battle against the Boltons was lost until the Lords of the Vale showed up. It wasn't some incredible victory; they weren't even outnumbered in the end. Even if that isn't known to most, it doesn't seem like the kind of battle that should inspire another rebellion lol. Oh, and most of the Northerners still don't even believe in the White Walkers, right? I can't imagine they've suddenly gotten over their hatred of the Wildlings either.

It feels weirdly forced.

I hear you but also:

screen%20shot%202016-06-20%20at%201.42.10%20pm.png

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Why was Jon was even named King of the North? Like, it made lots of sense when Robb was rallied behind, but Jon?

Isn't this kind of unprecedented for bastards? Wouldn't there be an expectation that he'd honor his oath and not abandon the Night's Watch? I mean, I highly doubt most people accept he died and came back to life lol. Plus, the battle against the Boltons was lost until the Lords of the Vale showed up. It wasn't some incredible victory; they weren't even outnumbered in the end. Even if that isn't known to most, it doesn't seem like the kind of battle that should inspire another rebellion lol. Oh, and most of the Northerners still don't even believe in the White Walkers, right? I can't imagine they've suddenly gotten over their hatred of the Wildlings either.

It feels weirdly forced.

Because they need someone to rally with and they already proclaimed the Starks the King in the North and with Robb dead, they pass on those wants and needs to Jon, even though he is a bastard. Like Lady Mormont said, she doesn't give a fuck if his last name is Snow or Stark, he is still a Stark and the North only know one King, the King in the North.

They do believe in the White Walkers, like others have always said, the Northerners are superstitious folk, so if the guy who they just called King in the North says he not only knows that the White Walkers are coming but has fought them before, they're going to believe him.

And about the Night's Watch stuff, either they know he was resurrected or at this time it's really not important to be carrying about rules like that, what good is he defending just a Wall? The Night's Watch purpose is to protect the Kingdoms from the Wall, right? And that's exactly what he is doing.

Who thinks Arya is gonna get to Jaime next season? Because of Cersei actions that led to they're only living childs death. He's never been as cold as she is.Personally, I don't expect him to stick around in Kings Landing for very long.

Volimar

so what's the deal with the crazy murdering kids? are they just normal kids or are they experimented on somehow?

Don't fuck with street urchins.

They used to be Varys's little birds and now they're Qyburn's little birds. He's basically perverted what Varys used them for.

qcf x2

But she is gonna die alonside with her children too right?

She's gonna die sure, but that's the fate that befalls anybody who sits on the throne. Modern society's glamorization of emperors and kings and queens often leads people to believe that they lived charmed lives. Sure, some of them did, some ate better than anybody else did... for like, 5-10 yrs, while surviving assassination attempts regularly and eventually being killed, possibly by family.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
The only times Cersei has ever shown to be devested were all revolving around her children, she loved Tommen with all her heart and would've done anything, and did, anything in her powerful to get him back.
Should've pushed for zombie Tommen.

zeitgeist

So is the mountain going to repeatedly rape that atone woman? I didn't get that scene.

I was wondering the same. It sure looks like that will be the case but I thought the Mountain was basically just a mindless zombie now so I didn't think he had any... urges...

Einchy

Forgot about that. How weird would it be to see her get revenge for Gendry and then we never see Gendry lol

I really do think Gendry will be back next season, they've now brought back everyone so I'm positive they'll bring him back, he's too important to just be forgotten about.

6VZ7Mc8.gif

Arya also needs her eye candy back.

ramparter

Banned
That was impossible. Battle of Bastards was probably the best episode till then but this one, I can't believe it was that good. So many times I though it ended yet it kept giving.

Oh and by the way, "what a waste Arya is, her story goes nowhere, lololol she went all the way only to cme back, blah blah, blah", in your face haters. One of the best moments form, stood up and started screaming "Arya, Arya, Arya".

11/10

Ferrio

Banned
I really do think Gendry will be back next season, they've now brought back everyone so I'm positive they'll bring him back, he's too important to just be forgotten about.

He's really not important. His claim to the throne is pretty much non-existent, and no one really seemed to like the Baratheons at least anyone still alive.

Deception

That was impossible. Battle of Bastards was probably the best episode till then but this one, I can't believe it was that good. So many times I though it ended yet it kept giving.

Oh and by the way, "what a waste Arya is, her story goes nowhere, lololol she went all the way only to cme back, blah blah, blah", in your face haters. One of the best moments form, stood up and started screaming "Arya, Arya, Arya".

11/10

But imagine if Aryas arch had been done right, would have been x times more satisfying.

Einchy

He's really not important. His claim to the throne is pretty much non-existent, and no one really seemed to like the Baratheons at least anyone still alive.

I don't think he's important in the sense that he will shake up the world politics but he is very important for Arya's story. He's important in the same way The Hound and The Brotherhood are important.

Arya also needs her eye candy back.

While I do agree it's possible Gendry will return, I really don't think he's that important. He's the only remaining Baratheon, sure, but the house is all but extinguished, with few people having any reason to rally behind them, and furthermore he's a bastard with no claim, nobody to legitimise him, and no proof his father was Robert. We have maybe thirteen episodes left, with Euron, Dany, Cersei, and Jon all vying to hold the Iron Throne (Littlefinger too, but I assume he'll team with one of the four), and the White Walkers. There just isn't time for Gendry to have any important role, even if he ever could have had importance.

EDIT: I see this has been addressed. Even as being important to Arya, I really don't necessarily agree. Sure, he was a friend to Arya, but she has literally no idea what has happened to him. As far as she knows he's dead.

Jon Snow knows nothing, not even who his real parents are.

I really wonder if that's going to be public knowledge in the show. I don't think it really needs to be now. I was sure at first the truth would spread but they already confirmed Jon at the King of the North despite being a bastard. Jon is now officially over in Westeros and they don't really need change what everyone think about his parentage. It felt like it was for the fans and not the characters.

It would be nice if Jon finally found out the truth but it's not necessary to the story (not that it ever was)

Edit: Does anyone besides Mel and Gendry know about him being Robert's bastard? I can't think of anyone. For his characters it would be nice to see him again and maybe he gets to have a hand in re-building the Baratheon name but that's about it.

Einchy

While I do agree it's possible Gendry will return, I really don't think he's that important. He's the only remaining Baratheon, sure, but the house is all but extinguished, with few people having any reason to rally behind them, and furthermore he's a bastard with no claim, nobody to legitimise him, and no proof his father was Robert. We have maybe thirteen episodes left, with Euron, Dany, Cersei, and Jon all vying to hold the Iron Throne (Littlefinger too, but I assume he'll team with one of the four), and the White Walkers. There just isn't time for Gendry to have any important role, even if he ever could have had importance.

Like I wrote above, I don't have any hopes that Gendry will come back to take The Iron Throne or that he will have supporters because no one knows who he is or has any reason to believe is Robert's son, however, I believe he is important for Arya's storyline since he has affected her greatly.

The Hound and Gendry are two people that have shaped who she is and I believe that's why Gendry will be back, not for the Iron Throne but for Arya.

Gray Matter

Question for long time fans,

How did the R+L=J theory come about? With so much information in the books/show how did this crazy theory became what it is?

Ferrio

Banned
Like I wrote above, I don't have any hopes that Gendry will come back to take The Iron Throne or that he will have supporters because no one knows who he is or has any reason to believe is Robert's son, however, I believe he is important for Arya's storyline since he has affected her greatly.

The Hound and Gendry are two people that have shaped who she is and I believe that's why Gendry will be back, not for the Iron Throne but for Arya.

With the amount of time left I don't see them re-introducing characters unless they have to. Gendry isn't needed for Arya to continue her story.

Einchy

Question for long time fans,

How did the R+L=J theory come about? With so much information in the books/show how did this crazy theory became what it is?

Apparently there are more hints in the books and little nods that point to Ned having a secret he kept from everyone.

In the show itself there are some scenes here and there that point to Jon being more than he seems but not enough where if you just saw the show, you'd have come to that conclusion, at least I don't think.
With the amount of time left I don't see them re-introducing characters unless they have to. Gendry isn't needed for Arya to continue her story.

Same could have been said about The Hound but he's back now.

ramparter

Banned
But imagine if Aryas arch had been done right, would have been x times more satisfying.
For me her arc made perfect sense, ok the execution was a bit stupid especially her being stabbed etc but as a story it was fine, she went there intrigued by Jaqen to be able to kill whover she hates, tried to do whatever she was ordered but she realied she couldnt. After all, if she actually left her name behind an became really no one, there woul be no point in the first place because vengeance brought her there.

Now, regarding the execution part, one can only imagine what a fucking season would that be if all the episodes were directed by the last dude. They should hire hime to do the rest of the show - I know its not feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom