• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Most of my reactions to this episode has been said already, except: all of Cersei's outfits were incredible this episode.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
There's this cool picture of Robert V Jon's Daddio that comes from an art book, I believe.

3Esrf7V.jpg

Ithil

Has it ever been confirmed that Rhaegar got killed in the show? If so, who killed him?

Robert killed him in battle, he talked about it to Ned all the way back in Season 1. Killed him on the shores of the Trident river with his warhammer.

That conversation was even about Lyanna, in fact.

Just rewatched the episode for the first time since last night and............man I had goosebumps almost the entire time. That was one of the single best episodes in the history of TV in my opinion. Its honestly hard to believe this is a TV show we are actually able to witness live like this in terms of scale. The production is just crazy. These last 2 episodes of this season elevated this show to the next level imo.

Bravo. Bravo.

Venture

So, what explains Cerise's sort of cold reaction to the death of her son? He was her last remaining child, right?

Also, she gains nothing by being queen that she didn't have before. I thought she did this for family, and her family is pretty much gone aside from Jamie. She should've also jumped from a window or something.
She has complete freedom and control of her life for the first time. She doesn't have to defer to her husband or father, or one of her sons and his wife.

Apzu

He could have always told her in the next 14 years but didn't. Not telling her hurt both of them but he still didn't tell Cat because he promised Lyanna.
Yeah, that's why i never liked the idea of Jon Snow being Ned's nephew, it makes Ned look bad. Anyway that's the reality now, so at least they could make Benjen know it as well so that he could testify the story in Ned's place.

BSsBrolly

Banned
There's this cool picture of Robert V Jon's Daddio that comes from an art book, I believe.

3Esrf7V.jpg

Makes you wonder if things really went down the way Robert said... We now know Ned had help taking down that Targaryan knight. I'll bet Robert had something similar happen.

Venture

Makes you wonder if things really went down the way Robert said... We now know Ned had help taking down that Targaryan knight. I'll bet Robert had something similar happen.
I don't know. Most People seem to agree Robert was a true badass back in the day. And I don't think Rhaegar was any kind of legendary warrior.

When Jon grabbed the lantern to kill hte white and save the the night watch commander in S1 did he hurt his hand? Could he have dragon blood or is that only preserved via inbreeding?

Einchy

When Jon grabbed the lantern to kill hte white and save the the night watch commander in S1 did he hurt his hand? Could he have dragon blood or is that only preserved via inbreeding?

Yeah, he got burnt and then had to get it bandaged.

Viserys didn't have Dany's power and it's probably safe to assume other Targaryens didn't either or it would have been something that was known.

Lorcain

So, what explains Cerise's sort of cold reaction to the death of her son? He was her last remaining child, right?
Her rise as the new Sith Lord. Actually, I think the real explanation is not too far from that. I took her reaction as her shedding her last connection of humanity in order to become what she was truly meant to be. In case we had any doubt, the director has her don the badass dark outfit with the armored shoulders for her coronation. She's transformed into the dark queen. In the last shot you see her flanked by her dark maester and her dark knight. It was one of the best scenes in the episode.

What we watched for 5 seasons was her origin story that led her to this path.

SummitAve

Banned
He could have always told her in the next 14 years but didn't. Not telling her hurt both of them but he still didn't tell Cat because he promised Lyanna.

Cat being pissed about it makes it more believable for appearances sake but I suppose she could have faked that. Maybe there's still more to the story.

Nameless

I don't know. Most People seem to agree Robert was a true badass back in the day. And I don't think Rhaegar was any kind of legendary warrior.

I don't think he was on the level of Aerys' Seven but it sounds like he was a skilled enough warrior. He won Lord Whent's grand tourney at Harrenhal which is where everything started.

Einchy

Cat being pissed about it makes it more believable for appearances sake but I suppose she could have faked that. Maybe there's still more to the story.

If it was all an act, she could have pretended to be angry with Ned and not Jon, she treated Jon like a piece of shit and I believe she later regretted it.

qcf x2

Also, she gains nothing by being queen that she didn't have before. I thought she did this for family, and her family is pretty much gone aside from Jamie. She should've also jumped from a window or something.

1. she's a horrible human who had just finished joyfully admitting to being as such
2. he was collateral damage, a loss she was okay with accepting to get what she wanted, because...
3. She knew all her kids were going to die because some witch lady told her long ago.

She did it because she enjoys power tripping. She is THE ruler right now, no father to stand in her way, no son for others to sway, nothing stopping her from executing exactly what she wants to do with no objections tolerated.

Edit:

Most of my reactions to this episode has been said already, except: all of Cersei's outfits were incredible this episode.

Yes, yes they were. 10/10

Lorcain

so is the thinking that Lyanne wasn't kidnapped at all, but that she ran away with Rhaegar? So the whole war was fought on a lie?
That's my hope, but we don't know. I'm wondering how the world will react learning that Jon is Rhaegar's son. That's kind of a huge deal. I think that would elevate him on the royalty scale higher than everyone except maybe Daenerys.

Volimar

She obviously wasn't that willing to part with him because she kept him from attending the trial. I think that finding out about his death just turned off all of her fucks and she's gonna ride the kingdom into the ground.

That's my hope, but we don't know. I'm wondering how the world will react learning that Jon is Rhaegar's son. That's kind of a huge deal. I think that would elevate him on the royalty scale higher than everyone except maybe Daenerys.

Good luck finding an unbiased source with knowledge of Jon's true parentage that the world will actually believe.

Ithil

Higher, in fact, as he would be Rhaegar's firstborn son, while Dany is Rhaegar's sister. That makes the claim Dany is counting on belong to Jon

1. she's a horrible human who had just finished joyfully admitting to being as such
2. he was collateral damage, a loss she was okay with accepting to get what she wanted, because...
3. She knew all her kids were going to die because some witch lady told her long ago.

She did it because she enjoys power tripping. She is THE ruler right now, no father to stand in her way, no son for others to sway, nothing stopping her from executing exactly what she wants to do with no objections tolerated.

I love how cold she was towards Tommen's death. She tried, kept him away from what she planned, but was totally unsurprised that he was dead because of that witch lady. Put her in a nice point-of-no-return. She probably figured the little guy would die some way or another, mine as well be now.

I'm still chuckling about the King's Landing jokes. Fabulous.

Einchy

She obviously wasn't that willing to part with him because she kept him from attending the trial. I think that finding out about his death just turned off all of her fucks and she's gonna ride the kingdom into the ground.

Yeah, this is what it felt to me as well.

Cersei, despite all the horrible shit she has done, has always loved her children and we're told this multiple times by multiple people and we're also shown this by her actions and reactions. She murdered hundreds of people to save her son, do some of you really believe that she would then not care that he died?

qcf x2

I mean, she didn't want to kill her children directly, no. She knew Tommen was a goner, just didn't know exactly when. Had she blown him up in there it would have been bad PR...even considering she blew up other people, they were basically terrorists apart from the Tyrells. People will kneel before a tyrant, but a leader who murders their own innocent children? Well, ...we're still seeing the fallout from that w/ Ser Davos and co.

I love how cold she was towards Tommen's death. She tried, kept him away from what she planned, but was totally unsurprised that he was dead because of that witch lady. Put her in a nice point-of-no-return. She probably figured the little guy would die some way or another, mine as well be now.

I'm still chuckling about the King's Landing jokes. Fabulous.

Yeah, pretty much. That's why I am now predicting she's going to repeat what the mad king did. Her fucks tank is finally entirely empty. I don't even think she gives a shit about Jaimie anymore (always felt he cared a bit more than she did to begin with), and all of this is why I think
he is going to kill her.

so is the thinking that Lyanne wasn't kidnapped at all, but that she ran away with Rhaegar? So the whole war was fought on a lie?

If that ends up being the case, the start of the conflict was a lie but the Mad King did kill Ned's Father and Brother, which ended up being the big reason the war was fought.

But she is gonna die alonside with her children too right?

rtcn63

Something something she simply had no more tears to cry.

And now she's the legitimate shot caller. No more need to manipulate kings, lovers, her own children. She's got the crown.

And I though the beginning was weak. Like I know people are praising it but, maybe I've just watched too many movies. The framing etc. was nothing special, although the death of the Tyrells did surprise me.

Venture

I don't think he was on the level of Aerys' Seven but it sounds like he was a skilled enough warrior. He won Lord Whent's grand tourney at Harrenhal which is where everything started.
Yeah. He probably was very good, maybe even great. Just not on the same level as what Ned faced with The Sword of The Morning.

Riposte

I thought Robert was accepted to be a fucking beast when he was younger, mainly due to sheer might rather than skill, sort of like the Mountain.

I think Rhaegar found himself in a bad spot in the water, but Robert just muscled his way through it.

Macka

Why was Jon was even named King of the North? Like, it made lots of sense when Robb was rallied behind, but Jon?

Isn't this kind of unprecedented for bastards? Wouldn't there be an expectation that he'd honor his oath and not abandon the Night's Watch? I mean, I highly doubt most people accept he died and came back to life lol. Plus, the battle against the Boltons was lost until the Lords of the Vale showed up. It wasn't some incredible victory; they weren't even outnumbered in the end. Even if that isn't known to most, it doesn't seem like the kind of battle that should inspire another rebellion lol. Oh, and most of the Northerners still don't even believe in the White Walkers, right? I can't imagine they've suddenly gotten over their hatred of the Wildlings either.

It feels weirdly forced.

Einchy

tootsi666

Agreed. Cersei is now incredibly dangerous

Higher, in fact, as he would be Rhaegar's firstborn son, while Dany is Rhaegar's sister. That makes the claim Dany is counting on belong to Jon
Not firstborn (this doesn't really matter though) and still a bastard.

I thought Robert was accepted to be a fucking beast when he was younger, mainly due to sheer might rather than skill, sort of like the Mountain.

I think Rhaegar found himself in a bad spot in the water, but Robert just muscled his way through it.

I'm still hoping we get a flashback of Rhaegar V Robert. Though with the rumored reduction in episodes next season, they might not want to waste time on non essential scenes.

Maxim726X

I'm still hoping we get a flashback of Rhaegar V Robert. Though with the rumored reduction in episodes next season, they might not want to waste time on non essential scenes.

Still don't understand why they wouldn't make a filler season with Robert's Rebellion... I think that could be really awesome, and it would also string viewers along for an extra year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom