• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStubbs

tumblr_o9frxm3juQ1sbzg99o1_540.jpg

When cersei doesn't turn up to the trial.

Cersei kept telling them she wanted trial by combat and that she chose violence. Since they wouldn't let her use the Mountain, she had to take things into her own hands.

Nameless

It is curious how Targaryens and Mormonts keep getting brought together. Aemon was Jeor's confidant at The Wall, Jorah is utterly dedicated to Dany, and Lyanna is Jon's staunchest supporter.

Loke13

They did a poor job of showing the passage of time in this specific case. They generally make a point of doing so and when it doesn't happen it's confusing.
But the confusion really shouldn't take that long to overcome with visual cues like Oleena's outfit and understanding that it probably took weeks if not a few months for Dany to consolidate her power in Mereen, Astapor, and Yunkai. As well as gather the supplies for her army for the voyage to westeros. More than enough time to take a ship back to Mereen.

Why wouldn't she be heir? Offspring of the king beats nephew of the king, surely?
She's a woman. In medieval terms only good for marrying and making babies.

sangreal

I think if the show has told us anything, its that rules of succession don't mean shit, as long as you have the power to back your claim

Khaliss

Banned

I really despise this meme but this one had me laughing, you got me Dennis :)

Just watched the finale for a second time, just masterful work, zero fat, everything on screen drives the narrative forward without fucking around.

A bit cheesy but I also thought of my uncle who introduced me to the fantasy genre when I was a kid. He died of cancer in 1987 but Seven Hells he would have LOVED this!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I think if the show has told us anything, its that rules of succession don't mean shit

But it does to Dany, a lot, so once she finds this out she will have to betray a part of who she is and if she doesn't give the Throne to Jon then she becomes a hypocrite.

rtcn63

It is curious how Targaryens and Mormonts keep getting brought together. Aemon was Jeor's confidant at The Wall, Jorah is utterly dedicated to Dany, and Lyanna is Jon's staunchest supporter.

After everyone else is defeated, Littlefinger gonna reveal himself to be loyal to House Mormonts and that Lyanna is to be his eventual bride.

Nameless

But the confusion really shouldn't take that long to overcome with visual cues like Oleena's outfit and understanding that it probably took weeks if not a few months for Dany to consolidate her power in Mereen, Astapor, and Yunkai. As well as gather the supplies for her army for the voyage to westeros. More than enough time to take a ship back to Mereen.

Daario commented how they started painting the sails when he spoke with Dany and obviously that task wasn't completed overnight. Also it was the final scene of the episode, you can be a little looser with time jumps.

After everyone else is defeated, Littlefinger gonna reveal himself to be loyal to House Mormonts and that Lyanna is to be his eventual bride.

Haha, She'd sass their way to the Iron Throne easily.

Why wouldn't she be heir? Offspring of the king beats nephew of the king, surely?

If Jon is a trueborn son, he was the only (living) son of the crown prince (Dany's older brother), making him the direct heir for the Targ line of succession.

It's all a bit muddy because a) that line of succession was broken by Robert by right of conquest, and b) we have to assume until we know otherwise that Jon was born out of wedlock, meaning he gets nothing without a royal legitimacy letter. I don't think Cersei would write such a letter.

Zolo

It's all a bit muddy because a) that line of succession was broken by Robert by right of conquest, and b) we have to assume until we know otherwise that Jon was born out of wedlock, meaning he gets nothing without a royal legitimacy letter. I don't think Cersei would write such a letter.

And yeah. Unless Lyanna and Rhaegar were married or there was some form of legitimacy made, he'd still be a bastard putting him behind Dany. Just a Targaryan one instead of a Stark.

Of course Jon doesn't want the throne and he'd probably be Dany's ideal husband anyway. Targaryan, good looking, brave, has the respect of a good chunk of Westeros.

FStubbs

But it does to Dany, a lot, so once she finds this out she will have to betray a part of who she is and if she doesn't give the Throne to Jon then she becomes a hypocrite.

I'd be surprised if Jon took it. He'd be the type to say "there's only one Targaryen in this world and I'm talking to her. I'm going back to the North."

"But ... be safe."

Though it's been pointed out Danaerys can't have kids. Which means it's up to Jon as to whether there are any more Targaryens.

sangreal

What do they call Targaryen bastards? northern bastards are called Snow and Dornish bastards are called Sand... what would Jon be (if he was born out of wedlock)?

Volimar

can you explain this? I have trouble keeping up with all the story threads and small details...

Because Jon is Rhaegar's son he'd be next in line for the throne....if he weren't a bastard. Dany is still the true heir to the Targaryan throne.

Nameless

we arent' going to see the beautiful natalie dormer on screen anymore. and her death was so unsatisfying.

You're in luck, there are multiple seasons of Tudors available for your streaming pleasure. I thought her death was extremely satisfying, but I've always rooted for Cersei's in their conflict.

Zolo

What do they call Targaryen bastards? northern bastards are called Snow and Dornish bastards are called Sand... what would Jon be (if he was born out of wedlock)?

I guess that would make him a bastard of the Crownlands, so he'd melt into Jon Waters (Crownlands bastard name).

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know half the names that have been mentioned in the last two pages, lol. I don't know how people who only watch each episode once are supposed to keep track of all these characters. Some of these people haven't been seen in the show in like five years. I probably just have a bad memory though.

Nah, I have no idea what the fuck is going on. Its good though. This season underwhelmed me but the last three episodes are the highest peak the show has hit yet.

If that goes according to plan, Season 8 should be a full season of Band of Brothers or The Pacific, except in Fantasy Land with dragons, zombies, magic, wildfire bombs, and whatnot.

Also, OMG if that were the case.

televator

I wonder how all this will play out although I am 99% sure Jon will not fight for the throne whatever happens.

Btw what happened to Kinvara?

It'll be interesting whether it's before or after taking King's Landing, Danny won't be keen on the idea of White Walkers coming into Westeros. She's gonna have to ally with Jon and that's what makes him prime for marriage material right now. Even if she knew she was related to Jon, she might say "Fuck it. That's how we Targs do."

Chopper

Isn't it based on where they were born? If that's the case, and the Tower of Joy is in Dorne, then Sand?

TheMan

You're in luck, there are multiple seasons of Tudors available for your streaming pleasure. I thought her death was extremely satisfying, but I've always rooted for Cersei's in their conflict.

thanks for the recommendation, but been there and done that. I've been a fan of hers for a while now, i guess.

Zocano

Cersei is the best and I love her.

I thought it was amusing that they started the "Margaery is playing the High Sparrow" thread but ended up going nowhere with it. I suppose that was just a red herring.

Teleporting Varys is a great dumb oversight.

Aselith

So, what explains Cerise's sort of cold reaction to the death of her son? He was her last remaining child, right?

Also, she gains nothing by being queen that she didn't have before. I thought she did this for family, and her family is pretty much gone aside from Jamie. She should've also jumped from a window or something.

He betrayed her. She doesn't put up with that shit, her child or no.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Cersei is the best and I love her.

I thought it was amusing that they started the "Margaery is playing the High Sparrow" thread but ended up going nowhere with it. I suppose that was just a red herring.

Teleporting Varys is a great dumb oversight.

I liked that they showed a plan completely not working out.

ASIS

So the End Game players are:

Daenerys Targaryen

Cersei Lannister

Euron GreyJoy

Peter Baelish

Sansa Stark

Jon Targaryen

I think we can count Euron out. He may spur some shit but he's going to lose big time to anyone in that list. Dany and Jon being the obvious power players and Cersei is no slouch. But Little Finger and Sansa are not to be underestimated either.

Man next season can't come soon enough.

Ultimadrago

Jonathan Pryce was so good in the part, right down to the last moment.

I'll agree with this. From looks alone he would have been another character for me to roll my eyes at when heads were talking. However, like Charles Dance, his performance lifted his role and (in worst cases, just a bit) the entire episodes he had good screen time in.

The High Sparrow was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom