• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain how varies is in dorn and on a boat to westros at the same time lol.

Disappointed in the Jon snow reveal. We all knew it was coming, too many clues and of course all the theories but I dunno just feel disappointed.

Chopper

Can anyone explain how varies is in dorn and on a boat to westros at the same time lol.

Disappointed in the Jon snow reveal. We all knew it was coming, too many clues and of course all the theories but I dunno just feel disappointed.
There was a time jump. There are Martell and Tyrell ships in the fleet.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
So... did the events that happened on the season finale were on the books or are we past that?

Macka

Forced? Literally, the scene before revealed Jon Snow to be of high born blood. Perhaps the highest born of all. His dad was the rightful future king and his mother came from the oldest line of monarchs in Westeros.
Nobody other than Bran knows any of this, so it's not something to point to as reasoning for why the common houses would be rallying behind him.

Nameless

So the End Game players are:

Daenerys Targaryen

Cersei Lannister

Euron GreyJoy

Peter Baelish

Sansa Stark

Jon Targaryen

I think we can count Euron out. He may spur some shit but he's going to lose big time to anyone in that list. Dany and Jon being the obvious power players and Cersei is no slouch. But Little Finger and Sansa are not to be underestimated either.

Man next season can't come soon enough.

It does sting seeing the Three Amigos all fighting for different sides.

Be3xDLZ.jpg

Pod is with Son of Fire, The One True King. He got this

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Only people who follow the show a lot and knew the theory, a theory that's only there because of the books, knew it was coming and everyone else is either shocked or has no idea who his dad is.

btCSxs8.png

BibiMaghoo

So er, any chance that the Tyrell kids are alive?

They reshowed that note being passed at the beginning, and margerie was all "stay with me" or similar to Loras and seemed to have cast of her pious act before anything was obviously amiss. Something about that doesn't seem right to me. At first I thought the note was just to say she was still with it while pretending, but now I'm not so sure. A double maybe? Some kind of way out or protection? Fan fiction and foil hats?

Tell me Gaf.

sangreal

Rewatching and I love how Sams ride to old town drops him off on the side of a cliff nowhere near the city. Also didn't connect the birds in that scene to the white Raven that winterfell receives later

cliff.png

Ferrio

Banned

They reshowed that note being passed at the beginning, and margerie was all "stay with me" or similar to Loras and seemed to have cast of her pious act before anything was obviously amiss. Something about that doesn't seem right to me. At first I thought the note was just to say she was still with it while pretending, but now I'm not so sure. A double maybe? Some kind of way out or protection? Fan fiction and foil hats?

Tell me Gaf.

Dead. Tyrell house is finished, Olenna pretty much said so.

Ithil

Tell me Gaf.

They're very, very dead. Like they got turned to vapour.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Tell me Gaf.

They were a few feet away from The High Sparrow when he blew up.

https://youtu.be/YUQUmQhO2Dw?t=3m56s

Zolo

Tell me Gaf.

Maybe.

plotholes-twoface.jpg

But not really.

pringles

Only people who follow the show a lot and knew the theory, a theory that's only there because of the books, knew it was coming and everyone else is either shocked or has no idea who his dad is.

btCSxs8.png
Yep, had to take a few minutes to explain to the gf what the reveal meant.
Nobody other than Bran knows any of this, so it's not something to point to as reasoning for why the common houses would be rallying behind him.
Ned Stark's son
Former Lord Commander of The Night's Watch
MVP of Bastard Bowl
Killed a White Walker
Supported by the badass Lady Mormont

Nah.. no reason to rally behind him.

Dai101

Banned

Tell me Gaf.

NADA

xTjGRkr.gif

They ded, liek so ded. Olease don't join the "Stannis is alive" camp

kKmHLgs.png

televator

You threw out the second part of my post. The part that is part of the Northern Lords' reasoning. From a viewer's perspective Jon's ascension isn't forced. From a character's perspective it also made made sense and was not forced either.

ASIS

It does sting seeing the Three Amigos all fighting for different sides.

Be3xDLZ.jpg

Pod is with Son of Fire, The One True King. He got this

Woah.. I did not realize that before you brought it up. But you are so right. Each one is on a different side 0_0

Boogie9IGN

so is there any possibility that jon could now be immune to fire (i know he wasnt before) since hes been resurrected by the fire god

Dai101

Banned
People like to say Dany's side is OP but does she have a Lady Mormont? I think not.

The moment Daenerys starts to recite her titles Lady Mormont will just shut her up

"I', Daenerys Stormborn of House Targ...."

"Bitch please, shut up and what you want with me?"

The Boat

Man, what a great couple of episodes. Seeing things coming together and imagining where it's going, only to be inevitably shocked by all the twists that will occur, that's what this is all about.
Cersei's dress was amazeballs.

It still doesn't make sense that the Sparrows blocked the doors, like why hold people there against their wills? Not very Godly.

Doesn't seem strange? They also killed, tortured and held people prisoner. As well as wield scary weapons.

What was Jon's birth scene telegraphing? I thought it meant he wasn't a bastard..

Elandyll

Banned
The moment Daenerys starts to recite her titles Lady Mormont will just shut her up

"I', Daenerys Stormborn of House Targ...."

"Bitch please, shut up and what you want with me?"

I'd pay good money to see Lady Olenna Tyrell argue with Lady Mormont.

Or see the both of them tag team and verbally obliterate Cersei.

Astral Dog

Cersei is the best and I love her.

I thought it was amusing that they started the "Margaery is playing the High Sparrow" thread but ended up going nowhere with it. I suppose that was just a red herring.

Teleporting Varys is a great dumb oversight.

she was playing him, but she was just pretending for the sake of her brother and mother, and the Sparrow is very cunning too, after Loras was going to be released they would make their move against the High Sparrow, but before that she had to pretend as that was the safest choice.

Margaery is very loyal to her family, she would not risk them.

So just to be clear, was the implication with Ser Gregor and Septa Unella that he gets to rape her repeatedly?

I wasn't sure on first viewing, but now I am. A) Cersei trails her fingers up and down Unella's body in a suggestive way, and B) Cersei says "shame, shame" as she closes the door, which we all know refers to slut shaming. Also, Gregory takes off his helmet for the first time since he 'died,' implying intimacy.

Jon Armdog

According to a wiki I won't post for fear of spoilers, a Targaryen bastard is a Rivers.

I think Targaryen bastard last names depend on the non-Targaryen parent's heritage. Targaryen bastards born from Riverland ladies are Rivers, and if Jon is a bastard he should still be a Snow.

Originally, I thought the answer was Blackfyre, but it looks like that's a special circumstance of a legitimized bastard.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the song that plays during the beginning sequence at King's Landing is straight fire, so good.

televator

Which makes me think maybe he comes back into play now that the Red Woman was banished to the south. Perhaps she finds him again.

The more I think about it, the more it doesn't seem impossible, but he has to be able to prove that he is Robbert's son in the first place. Otherwise, which houses will get behind him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom