• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumeira

Banned
Wow wow wow KING OF THE NORTH!!!!!!

What a GOD DAMN amazing moment.

Fuck you Frey, Starks tearing shit up! My god I was jumping up and down through the entire episode. Amazing finale, incredible Season. Probably the best, or up there with Season 3.

Dennis

Banned
uDCQ5hf.gif

Animator

Just noticed at the beginning of ep 6 Bran sees the wildfire blowing up under the cathedral in the visions. So I guess he can see the future too.

sjboi

Wow, that was the best single episode of television I've ever seen. Cersei gave me motherfucking EVERYTHANG. From her amazing black dress, to the way she marked Pycelle and the Septa for their own special fates, to the total destruction of half of the cast, to the MUSIC omg, her sipping her wine with such smug satisfaction after the blast, culminating in her beautifully filmed coronation. I don't remember reading one single prediction that Cerseis evil ass would sit on the throne as the fucking QUEEN. I've been a huge fan of her character and Lena Headeys amazing portrayal since I started watching GoT, so it's a great feeling when my favorite character just annihilates her competition. What an incredible villain! Also it's funny how I wanted Unella to get her comeuppance, but there's something about raping and torturing a nun that is not satisfying at all. :/

Poor Margeary! Well acted death sequence from her. She was always one of the smartest characters, but they were all in way over their heads.

The rest of the episode was pretty good too. Dany and especially Jon Snow are so boring to me though. I'm kinda team Littlefinger (Sansa?), just to spice up that plot line. Remember in season 5 when LF promised Cersei he would give her Sansas head on a spike? At the time it seemed like he was just bullshitting, but now, I don't know...

The more I think about it, the more it doesn't seem impossible, but he has to be able to prove that he is Robbert's son in the first place. Otherwise, which houses will get behind him?

Well the Red Woman believes in Dany because of dragons and fire and blah blah blah. She also knows Gendry has King's blood. If she finds herself at Dany's side and whle the Queen struggles to win over the people she can marry him to unite them under her.

Jumeira

Banned
The reason i watch these shows with excitement because of my boy Jon Snow. He has delivered and has not stopped!

Lord commander, Hardhome, killed a White Walker, Olli bastard cunt slayer, elevated the Stark name, finally gave Sansa credible protection, took out Bolton army, beat the shit out of Ramsey, reclaimed Winterfell and is King of the North! He makes the damn show. King Jon haha!

Finally the Starks are becoming a formidable force.

Cersei is the best and I love her.

I thought it was amusing that they started the "Margaery is playing the High Sparrow" thread but ended up going nowhere with it. I suppose that was just a red herring.

It got Olenna out of King's Landing. She did good.

Dany and especially Jon Snow are so boring to me though.

In the first season I thought Jon Snow was boring and everything with his story was too. Then when be was a wildling prisoner I was interested. Then his relationship with Ygrett made me like him. Then he came back to he. Ame back to castle black and started running shit mad me really like him.

I think it really cool he went from one of my least favorite characters to top 3.

Jaime is my number 1. In my opinion, his character was great from the beginning and gets better every season.

Perfect ending would be Jaime and Cersei ruling Kings Landing as King and Queen.

Man. What an episode.

What a season!

What a show!

In the first season I thought Jon Snow was boring and everything with his story was too. Then when be was a wildling prisoner I was interested. Then his relationship with Ygrett made me like him. Then he came back to he. Ame back to castle black and started running shit mad me really like him.

I think it really cool he went from one of my least favorite characters to top 3.

Jaime is my number 1. In my opinion, his character was great from the beginning and gets better every season.

Perfect ending would be Jaime and Cersei ruling Kings Landing as King and Queen.

Man. What an episode.

What a season!

What a show!

I feel like Cersei has finally crossed the line for Jaime. I hope he's done with her shit next season.

Go_Ly_Dow

So, what explains Cerise's sort of cold reaction to the death of her son? He was her last remaining child, right?

Also, she gains nothing by being queen that she didn't have before. I thought she did this for family, and her family is pretty much gone aside from Jamie. She should've also jumped from a window or something.

In it's raw form she's simply a mad alcoholic who is constantly numb and desensitized.

Since she also knew that Tommen was destined to die she had probably prepared herself for that for a long time.

I mean

We saw in the vision, Kings Landing is fucking wrecked by the time Danny is in the throne room.

My guess is Cersei goes Mad King and actually blows up the city.

Now if we didn't see Kings Landing in ash (or snow), I would say that in cruel irony, Jamie would be forced to kill his sister to prevent her from blowing up the city during the invasion.

Yup, the sister clearly said "Robert" and the nly character tha tI know who name was Robert was the last Robert Baratheon. Cersei previous husband.

Not sure if I am understanding you correctly, but the sister said, within the context of the scene, that if Robert were to find out (that her baby was born from a Targaryen father, the part we did not hear, but other episodes implicate it), he would kill the baby (Jon Snow), as Robert had sworn to kill every last Targaryen. That was Ned Starks promise to his sister, to pretend as if Jon was his own son, hide that he's a Targaryen, and ensure he lives.

Caveat: I think

I mean

We saw in the vision, Kings Landing is fucking wrecked by the time Danny is in the throne room.

My guess is Cersei goes Mad King and actually blows up the city.

Now if we didn't see Kings Landing in ash (or snow), I would say that in cruel irony, Jamie would be forced to kill his sister to prevent her from blowing up the city during the invasion.

which vision has dany on the throne?

Venture

So guys, where does this all leave Hotpie?
Probably Arya's first top after dealing with Walder Frey. She's got to resupply her stock of Direwolf bread.

Come to think of it, Brienne failed to deliver Hotpie's new and improved version when she met Arya didn't she? Pod probably ate it.

sangreal

Probably Arya's first top after dealing with Walder Frey. She's got to resupply her stock of Direwolf bread.

Come to think of it, Brienne failed to deliver Hotpie's new and improved version when she met Arya didn't she? Pod probably ate it.

yup, its on the long list of jobs Brienne failed to do

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
which vision has dany on the throne?

We've been shown two visions of the throne room and one of King's Landing.

Bran had a vision where he saw a dragon's shadow flying over King's Landing.
https://youtu.be/8gh0-4hOzyw?t=1m20s
WDZcBeNl.jpg

In the same vision he also saw the Red Keep destroyed with snow falling on the Throne.
https://youtu.be/8gh0-4hOzyw?t=1m14s
s0fJKfPl.png

Dany also had the same vision of the Throne.
https://youtu.be/l7VuGknEfQY?t=53s
y3l6B1Yl.png

So what I believe this means is that when Dany lands and attacks King's Landing, it will mostly be intact, aside from what Cersei did but her attack could possibly destroy the Red Keep. At some point after this, The White Walkers will come and with them they will bring the Long Night, completely enveloping King's Landing in darkness and snow.

MK_768

WDZcBeNl.jpg

In the same vision he also saw the Red Keep destroyed with snow falling on the Throne.
s0fJKfPl.png

y3l6B1Yl.png

What if the end game is that everyone fucking loses? The Night King wins. That'd be something. Especially after this season with all of this positive stuff happening for the viewers.

WDZcBeNl.jpg

s0fJKfPl.png

y3l6B1Yl.png

So what I believe this means is that when Dany lands and attacks King's Landing, it will mostly be intact, aside from what Cersei did but her attack could possibly destroy the Red Keep. At some point after this, The White Walkers will come and with them they will bring the Long Night, completely enveloping King's Landing in darkness and snow.

thanks, i Remember the the bran vision, just not the dany one.

Savitar

A lot of people seem to think that Sansa will backstab Jon due to Littlefinger but from the episode I took away that she knows Littlefinger is not to be trusted, she knows he's going to be an issue and they have to be wary of him. She's the only one who knows what his ultimate goal is which to every one else is probably unthinkable.

Cersei probably wasn't too broken up about Tommen because she was absolutely betrayed by him, twice. First he didn't save her from imprisonment and the walk of shame which turned her into a joke in the eyes of so many and you know that had to burn at her core. Then when he promises to never let let anything like it happen again what does he do? Shacks up with Margery even more and unites the Church and Crown to be BFF with the High Sparrow etc. These are the people that caused her so much misery, even worse he removes the one way she could have saved herself from the impending trial that everyone knew would lead to a death sentence, ie: Trial by combat. He could have made sure that stayed an option, he didn't.

In the end he betrayed her every bit as much as everyone else in her eyes and it's true, he really did. Plus you have the prophecy of all the children dying and hey she did try to save him by having the Mountain keep him confined to his room. At this point you really get the feeling she doesn't give a single damn any more and everyone who laughed and caused her pain is about to be on the receiving end of her fury for those perceived transgressions.

Dimmle

A lot of people seem to think that Sansa will backstab Jon due to Littlefinger but from the episode I took away that she knows Littlefinger is not to be trusted, she knows he's going to be an issue and they have to be wary of him. She's the only one who knows what his ultimate goal is which to every one else is probably unthinkable.

People who can entertain this theory seem to have no concept of character integrity.

Camwi

Wow wow wow KING OF THE NORTH!!!!!!

What a GOD DAMN amazing moment.

Fuck you Frey, Starks tearing shit up! My god I was jumping up and down through the entire episode. Amazing finale, incredible Season. Probably the best, or up there with Season 3.

Should've ended with that moment. Dany gets too many ending scenes.

ramyeon

Cersei probably wasn't too broken up about Tommen because she was absolutely betrayed by him, twice. First he didn't save her from imprisonment and the walk of shame which turned her into a joke in the eyes of so many and you know that had to burn at her core. Then when he promises to never let let anything like it happen again what does he do? Shacks up with Margery even more and unites the Church and Crown to be BFF with the High Sparrow etc. These are the people that caused her so much misery, even worse he removes the one way she could have saved herself from the impending trial that everyone knew would lead to a death sentence, ie: Trial by combat. He could have made sure that stayed an option, he didn't.

In the end he betrayed her every bit as much as everyone else in her eyes and it's true, he really did. Plus you have the prophecy of all the children dying and hey she did try to save him by having the Mountain keep him confined to his room. At this point you really get the feeling she doesn't give a single damn any more and everyone who laughed and caused her pain is about to be on the receiving end of her fury for those perceived transgressions.
I felt like him committing suicide was also a factor in her reaction being different to Joffery and Myrcella who were forcibly taken from her. Him deciding to end his own life could be seen as a betrayal to her as well.

I think it's possible that Kings Landing will either be blown up by Cersi or accidentally by the Dragons igniting the wild fire.

My bet is this could easily kill a huge number of both the Lannister's and Dany's forces, creating a big problem for combating the White Walkers.

That would be the most amazing and just thing to ever happen on a TV drama.

0% chance of happening.

Ehh...

Too edgy for me. I guess they can go that direction if they want but it's almost the narrative equivalent to "and then he woke up - it was all a dream."

It basically says "none of this story matters, just messing with you."

Savitar

I felt like him committing suicide was also a factor in her reaction being different to Joffery and Myrcella who were forcibly taken from her. Him deciding to end his own life could be seen as a betrayal to her as well.

I agree, if nothing else she can easily maker herself believe she was not the cause. He did it on his own.

Robot Pants

Man. What an episode.

What a season!

What a show!
He's my favorite too and has been for a while but he hasn't been done shit for like 3 seasons, so I'm excited for him to be back in the spotlight which he seems to finally be next season.

But I don't see him and cercei ruling together. I'm pretty positive he's going to kill cercei and wipe the "tainted" Lannister name off the earth when it's all said and done, and once again be the "kingslayer". All their children are dead and cercei doesn't seem to be as bothered by the last one, which looked to have bothered Jamie.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Ehh...

Too edgy for me. I guess they can go that direction if they want but it's almost the narrative equivalent to "and then he woke up - it was all a dream."

I believe humanity will have an extremely bitter victory but a victory nonetheless.

MK_768

Ehh...

Eh. I don't think that's the same. This would make sense lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom