• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

megalowho

I forgot about those glimpses of the throne room covered in snow. Man. Really feeling like a rewatch of the series is in store while waiting for season 7.

Savitar

Tommen was the worst Character ever...complete opposite of Joffrey but just as annoying.

Tommen was a genuine good kid who was surrounded by everyone trying to use him for their own purposes. He had no spine in the end and it's why he was not a good king because he was so easily controlled by others.

I wonder If Daenerys will make an alliance in the future with Jon seeing she'll probably need the North to protect Kings Landing?

I know it would technically mean throwing away her anger towards the Starks for allying with Robert against her father but I'm sure Tyrion will push her in that direction.

Or maybe it will get even weirder she did talk about marriage for alliances even though that would mean she would marry her nephew (Jon) technically if they went down that line, then again it is GOT and incest seems to be the thing in that world.

Dai101

Banned
I felt like him committing suicide was also a factor in her reaction being different to Joffery and Myrcella who were forcibly taken from her. Him deciding to end his own life could be seen as a betrayal to her as well.

Not really. He knew it was his mother the one that did that. He was broken just to knew how far in her quest for power will go, to murder not just his wife and her family but all those innocents. Poor ineffective Tommen.

People who can entertain this theory seem to have no concept of character integrity.

Pretty much.

Dennis

Banned
Ehh...

Too edgy for me. I guess they can go that direction if they want but it's almost the narrative equivalent to "and then he woke up - it was all a dream."

It basically says "none of this story matters, just messing with you."

I don't agree. Westeros in chaos, wide scale horror. Massive fleet of survivors must fight to make a home in Essos where they are completely unwelcome.

Westeros is a lost continent - perhaps forever. Or perhaps heroes will one day rise to free the land of the horror.....

It would be a very daring finish to the story - and like I said, 0% chance - and much more interesting that what we will probably get.

Tonky

A few quick questions:

1. Will we ever see Sweet Robin again?

2. Is Daario done for good?

3. Potential Tyrion/Dany romance?

Speely

Banned
I wonder If Daenerys will make an alliance in the future with Jon seeing she'll probably need the North to protect Kings Landing?

I know it would technically mean throwing away her anger towards the Starks for allying with Robert against her father but I'm sure Tyrion will push her in that direction.

Or maybe it will get even weirder she did talk about marriage for alliances even though that would mean she would marry her nephew (Jon) technically if they went down that line, then again it is GOT and incest seems to be the thing in that world.

Not incest if you already died, breh. Clean slate. Those are the rules.

ramyeon

Not really. He knew it was his mother the one that did that. He was broken just to knew how far in her quest for power will go, to murder not just his wife and her family but all those innocents. Poor ineffective Tommen.
Let me clarify, I meant to Cersei it could seem like a betrayal.

She loved her kids and she lost two of them against their will, they were stolen from her. In her view Tommen threw his precious life away, despite everything she had done for him and the lengths she had gone to in order to protect him.

Speely

Banned
I don't agree. Westeros in chaos, wide scale horror. Massive fleet of survivors must fight to make a home in Essos where they are completely unwelcome.

Westeros is a lost continent - perhaps forever. Or perhaps heroes will one day rise to free the land of the horror.....

It would be a very daring finish to the story - and like I said, 0% chance - and much more interesting that what we will probably get.

I would actually be ok with this. Survivors to Essos, carrying with them the lessons hard-learned by the many mistakes made in Westeros. If they ever wanted to do another run (which they shouldn't) that would be one of the only ways it would be fresh and interesting imo.

1. Who?

2. I think so. Good riddance, they never did anything interesting with him.

3. Don't see it.

I think Robin is the ruler of the Vale but I don't see him doing much he'll be too busy throwing people out of the moon-door basically Littlefinger rules the Vale now.

Dai101

Banned

Lord Tit-sucking

VTCbRP9.jpg

I just don't feel like it's daring. It basically just shatters the narrative and says "everything is pointless." I'm just a big believer in a story having a point and I just don't really enjoy the grim dark "everything is meaningless" message that seems to be cool right now. It's just not very compelling or deep to me.

Unless, as you mentioned, there were survivors that move to Essos - that might work. I just think the "every one dies lol" message is not very good.

Venture

Basically the ending of Hardhome but on a larger scale? That actually would've been an incredible way to finish the series.

televator

A lot of people seem to think that Sansa will backstab Jon due to Littlefinger but from the episode I took away that she knows Littlefinger is not to be trusted, she knows he's going to be an issue and they have to be wary of him. She's the only one who knows what his ultimate goal is which to every one else is probably unthinkable.

A lot of allegiances have to be made next season. Not all of them will be easy going alliances though. This is what gives Petyr his power. All these uneasy alliances appear like a canvas to Petyr who is the artist of political exploitation. Even between Sansa and Jon there is something Lityle Fucker can exploit if he ever came to find out... Sansa still believes the story that Rhaegar Targeryan raped her aunt. What would she think of Jon Snow then if she became aware of his parentage?...

Dimmle

A lot of allegiances have to be made next season. Not all of them will be easy going alliances though. This is what gives Petyr his power. All these uneasy alliances appear like a canvas to Petyr who is the artist of political exploitation. Even between Sansa and Jon there is something Lityle Fucker can exploit if he ever came to find out... Sansa still believes the story that Rhaegar Targeryan raped her aunt. What would she think of Jon Snow then if she became aware of his parentage?...

How would that change her perception of Jon's character? It would change literally nothing about Jon's integrity. That's a decision that season 1 Sansa would make but season 6 Sansa definitely would not.

Do we know how many seasons have been greenlit? I always thought that the moment Daenerys sets foot in Westeros, it is end game. So unless they are going to pull a Berserk on her storyline, season 7 could be a very strong final season.

There was nothing more shocking in this episode than the death of Margaery. She was setting up to play the long game this season and to end all that on an off-scene death was shitty. It makes me think they are going to bring her back in some stupid way and challenge Cersei for the throne.

Also Sansa continues to be the worst (Why the fuck is she partnering with Littlefinger again and lying to Jon?) and I'm baffled that we are still following Sam around.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
How would that change her perception of Jon's character? It would change literally nothing about Jon's integrity. That's a decision that season 1 Sansa would make but season 6 Sansa definitely would not.

Dont Targaryeans have the habit of going crazy? edit: im asking because i remember Cersei talking about incest and children and how it must have been for the Targaryeans.

Dennis

Banned
I don't see how Margaery could possibly survive that explosion.

But then again, Indy survived a nuclear bomb in a refrigerator so I guess she could have climbed in a tomb or something.

Dennis

Banned
According to her, yeah. She told that khal she would never have anyones children

Maybe she is wrong.

But if she is sterile what does she even want with the Iron Throne?

She can't have kids, all my Targaryen friends are dead, to whom would she leave the kingdom?

After her death the other houses would just fight each other for the Iron Throne again.

xevis

Banned
So aside from a few choice scenes (Lady Mormont is a particular highlight) this last episode seems, to me, like a pretty bland ending to a pretty go-nowhere season. Too much fast travel, too many contrivances to wrap up all the dangling loose ends and too little time spent unpacking the fallout from any of the recent set pieces.

Meh.

televator

She wasn't so hard to stray from Jon's path just recently. Little finger doesn't need to get her on his side. He just needs to make her doubt Jon. Jon will only keep rising and when Danny comes around with her dragons Jon will look a whole lot different. Especially if his secret is illuminated to Sansa. It will inevitably make Jon look more Targ and little less Stark.

Nameless

"Here, my Lord." Loved that actress' delivery there. Honestly Frey's death might be the most satisfying of any big bad so far. Arya taking inspiration from the story of the Rat Cook, a cautionary tale about breaking guest rights, was absolutely perfect.

Neospartan

Neo Member
According to her, yeah. She told that khal she would never have anyones children

That was a decision of her. Dany's child only came out like that because she interrupted a blood magic ritual. And if anyone has been paying attention, blood magic is the most legit in this world.

ramyeon

So aside from a few choice scenes (Lady Mormont is a particular highlight) this last episode seems, to me, like a pretty bland ending to a pretty go-nowhere season. Too much fast travel, too many contrivances to wrap up all the dangling loose ends and too little time spent unpacking the fallout from any of the recent set pieces.

Meh.
Did we watch a different episode?

So, Dany's army and Jon's united Northern Kingdoms are destined to fight, since North wants to remain independent from the Westeros kingdom and Dany wants to unite them under her rule.

Yeah, this is gonna be epic.

Fun finale. A little disappointed in the Tyrell line being wiped, but the rest was great. I felt Mace, Margaery and Loras deserved a better send-off but oh well.

How do people see the remainder of the show playing out?

• Jon - Jon is the hero of the story. However, he's an idiot and I see history repeating itself. Jon needs Sansa, she has the emotional intelligence he lacks but he needs to realise that. Littlefinger will make a play and attempt to remove Jon. I think the story will revolve around how Littlefinger-Sansa-Jon plays out. Hopefully Jon doesn't alienate his sister because she'd never betray him if he lets her help him.
  • Cersei - Slow, lonely descent to madness. Cersei has no cards left to play. Perhaps she will try to kill Daenarys with wildfire. It will be fitting for Jaime to betray her at the end.
  • Daenarys - The other hero. She has the largest army, dragons and largest alliance. It should be plain sailing to King's Landing for her. Not sure how it can go wrong. There's some interesting avenues in terms of growth - will she want the throne in the end, what legacy will she leave, how will she command respect. I think the story is setting her up to unite with Jon rather than battle him.
  • Euron - Maybe the villain of Daenarys' storyline? Dunno what he'll do. Build ships and...?
  • Arya - Dunno what her role is. Perhaps she'll meet Melisandre and the Hound to do stuff. Realistically, should return to Sansa and Jon but she doesn't seem interested.
  • Night king - Daenarys and Jon will beat him. But with lots of death and sacrifice.

Do we know how many seasons have been greenlit? I always thought that the moment Daenerys sets foot in Westeros, it is end game. So unless they are going to pull a Berserk on her storyline, season 7 could be a very strong final season.

2 more, 7 episodes then 6 apparently.

Plenty left to happen. Duke it out with each other, Euron and Lannisters are still a threat. Then White Walkers.

There was nothing more shocking in this episode than the death of Margaery. She was setting up to play the long game this season and to end all that on an off-scene death was shitty. It makes me think they are going to bring her back in some stupid way and challenge Cersei for the throne.

I don't know if I'd call going up in flames "off screen." And sorry, but I think she's a goner, they're clearing the stage for the the final players.

Also Sansa continues to be the worst (Why the fuck is she partnering with Littlefinger again and lying to Jon?) and I'm baffled that we are still following Sam around.

What? She isn't partnering with Little Finger she shot him down. She's on Jon's side.

And Sam is going to discover the origins of the White Walkers and their weaknesses.

A lot of your complaints are really sounding like you aren't paying very much attention.

Dennis

Banned
So, Dany's army and Jon's North are destined to fight, since North wants to remain independent from the Westeros kingdom and Dany wants to unite them under her rule.

Yeah, this is gonna be epic.

Ehmm, Jon and his could-barely-defeat-Ramsay Bolton army would get annihilated by Dany's armies and dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom