• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTM

Solid episode.

Reek is definitely going to have a big moment this season. It's now just a question of what he's going to do.

Jorah is fucking toast

iNvid02

georah will evolve into jorahveler, a hideous rock of a man who is fire and ice proof, he will become a protector forever stationed by dany's side. lmao

Venture

First time I felt an episode to be lackluster so far but tyrion and Fedora redeemed it
Best episode of the season so far for me. I love that the north was the main focus.

Really nice job by a first time GOT director too. One of the more visually stunning episodes in a while.

Best episode of the season so far for me. I love that the north was the main focus.

Really nice job by a first time GOT director too. One of the more visually stunning episodes in a while.

Agreed, this is probably my favorite of the season as well. Visually, it was a beauty and the pacing was just right.

So how long does it take for Greyscale to take full effect? I believe they mentioned it in last weeks episode when Stannis was talking about it.

Lamel

Banned
Anyone notice when Aemon was talking to Sam about Dany being the last Targaryen when he dies? Then the camera slowly pans to Jon right after. Something is def going on in agreement with the theories being thrown around last week.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
After tonight's episode, I'm looking forward to Dany becoming the Mad Queen (because right now, she's just the Sad Queen.) assuming she doesn't get eaten by Drogon or whatever.

God I wish she and captain Janeway would have a crossover. Or write a book together.

Anyone notice when Aemon was talking to Sam about Dany being the last Targaryen when he dies? Then the camera slowly pans to Jon right after. Something is def going on in agreement with the theories being thrown around last week.

When that happened I was thinking the same exact thing, but then again the idea is fresh in my head because of the theories.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
When that happened I was thinking the same exact thing, but then again the idea is fresh in my head because of the theories.
So if true, are Jon and Dany cousins? I'm fuzzy on my family trees.

C4Lukins

Littlefinger with that
light speed SUV from 24. How the fuck did he get to King's Landing so fast?

Reading up on it a bit, Westeros only seems to be about the size of the United Kingdom. That does not include anything north of the Wall. So getting from Winterfell to Kings Landing is somewhere between 200 and 300 miles from what I have read. On horseback, you could probably do that in a couple of weeks if you were not in some giant caravan.

That plus the lack of well defined passage of time in the series does not really make it seem so strange. We have witnessed scenes where a raven crosses the continent virtually between scenes. Plus I am not sure that every scene is in chronological order. Things happening in the north could be followed by a scene that takes place two weeks earlier or later in the South.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
If Rhaegar is Jon's dad, Dany would be his aunt.

I hate this theory so much, but it looks like it may be true considering how hard they were pushing it.

I thought Dany's dad was the Mad King? Wouldn't that make them brother and sister then?

That whole theory makes sense given Jon looks nothing like Ned, and Ned was known to be a very honorable man. My guess is he went to kill all the Targs and found Jon as a baby and claimed it was his bastard kid.

Kimaka

I thought Dany's dad was the Mad King? Wouldn't that make them brother and sister then?

That whole theory makes sense given Jon looks nothing like Ned, and Ned was known to be a very honorable man. My guess is he went to kill all the Targs and found Jon as a baby and claimed it was his bastard kid.

Yeah, but that is Aerys who was the Mad King not Rhaegar. Rhaegar, Viserys, and Daenerys are Aerys' children.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Reading up on it a bit, Westeros only seems to be about the size of the United Kingdom. That does not include anything north of the Wall. So getting from Winterfell to Kings Landing is somewhere between 200 and 300 miles from what I have read. On horseback, you could probably do that in a couple of weeks if you were not in some giant caravan.

That plus the lack of well defined passage of time in the series does not really make it seem so strange. We have witnessed scenes where a raven crosses the continent virtually between scenes. Plus I am not sure that every scene is in chronological order. Things happening in the north could be followed by a scene that takes place two weeks earlier or later in the South.

In the very first episode of the show they say how long they were on the road (king's landing to winterfell) but I can't remember how long that was. haha

Didn't it take Robert and crew over a month to make that trip in season 1?

That was for the royals, being pampered every step of the way. A small group traveling hastily would cover the distance in easily less than half the time.

Also guys, not everything you see on the show is necessarily happening in precise chronological order.

I am just not feeling really any storyline going on right now. These directors aren't exactly subtle in their hints of the future. They talk about stone men multiple times in the last episode out of the blue and then boom we have stone men in this episode.

Them talking about lighting a candle in the broken tower is a gigantic clue that thing are not going to go well for Sansa soon. But something tells me Ramsay will not be the cause of her trouble but it will instead be Maranda(?) instead who goes after her. And for fucks sake. Sansa is supposed to have smartened up to the world a bit under. " training " from Littlefinger yet she openly dissaproves of what Ramsay is doing with Theon, then calls everyone strange, has a smirk on her face toward her future husband at the mention of a possible heir replacing him and then just waltzes right into a dangerous and dark area of Winterfell just because she was told to. I mean ... Fuck

And now Jon is going to leave the wall to go chase after the wildlings with not a single person agreeing with the move? Yeah, that's exactly what you should do as one of your first major decisions as commander. Run off to make friends with the enemy of these people for centuries. What could possibly go wrong? These people already turned on and killed one lord commander and Jon knows this.

And what in the blue fuck was that with Dany? She burns multiple leaders of the families to root out the person behind the harpies and then without getting any answers turns around and opens the pits and then marries one of them? I mean .... What?

and then fucking Jorah gets stoned. I mean. WTF.

If you want to live in this world, don't be a good fighter. You are fucked if you are a good fighter. What awesome fighters are left?

Jon, Jorah, Grey Worm, Brienne, Daario, ummmm ... Bronn, Loras. Anyone else?

When the white walkers do finally come they won't have any excellent fighters to worry about that is for sure at this pace. Augh

JJP12

Westeros has to be much larger than that. Last season when Roose Bolton makes Ramsay a Bolton he points in three different directions showing how large the North is. 700 miles one way, 400 miles in another direction and 300 miles in a different direction than that. I also remember earlier in the series that the North is as big as all the other kingdoms in Westeros combined.

That was for the royals, being pampered every step of the way. A small group traveling hastily would cover the distance in easily less than half the time.

I know it would be a much shorter trip for fewer people, but it would take at least a couple of weeks. The trip is almost half the continent.

Sansa is supposed to have smartened up to the world a bit under. " training " from Littlefinger yet she openly dissaproves of what Ramsay is doing with Theon, then calls everyone strange, has a smirk on her face toward her future husband at the mention of a possible heir replacing him and then just waltzes right into a dangerous and dark area of Winterfell just because she was told to. I mean ... Fuck

What could possibly go wrong? These people already turned on and killed one lord commander and Jon knows this.

Yup, that part pissed me off, she's still wearing her emotions on her sleeve and still naive. They better not go back to victim Sansa, always crying, always complaining. I had enough of it before she decided to go sith and I've been loving the new Sansa, I really don't want the old one back.

Mormont wasn't killed by Wildlings, it was the fookin legend.

Jarnet87

I don't think this season has been slow or boring, but I can see why some may think that after having caught up and now watching on a weekly basis. There is definitely a difference in the pace watching week to week again binge watching, which is what I did recently from start to about the 2nd episode of this season.

Jorah looks screwed but who knows, maybe there are people in Meereen who can stop its spread.

C4Lukins

I have three theory's on Jon's mother and father.

1. He is the son of the Mad King and Eddards sister, I cannot recall her name. Jon's dark hair makes that unlikely to me, but who knows. If that was the case, Eddard would of course taken responsibility for the child and claimed him as his own to spare him from Robert.

2. He is the son of Robert and Eddards sister. The dark hair makes sense here. And again because of politics it would make sense for Ned to claim him as his own, and get him out of the capital away from the Lannisters to protect him. I think this is a bit contradicted in episode 2 I believe, where Robert and Ned are talking about their conquests, and it is obvious that Robert does not know about Jon being his son, which would make no sense in this scenario.

3. Jon is the son of Ned's brother, the one who was lost behind the wall in Season 1 and some other character. This is not nearly as romantic, but it again makes sense because Ned's brother is sworn to abstain from sex, and Ned would keep his secret and raise the child.

Anyway those are my theories. I do not think Ned is the father of Jon because it goes against everything we know about him. I think theory 2 is the most plausible.

Sorry about not looking up the names of characters but I did not want to hit accidental spoilers.

sangreal

Yeah, I'm starting to buy into that for sure. They've never explained why Lyanna was kidnapped

I have three theory's on Jon's mother and father.

1. He is the son of the Mad King and Eddards sister, I cannot recall her name. Jon's dark hair makes that unlikely to me, but who knows. If that was the case, Eddard would of course taken responsibility for the child and claimed him as his own to spare him from Robert.

2. He is the son of Robert and Eddards sister. The dark hair makes sense here. And again because of politics it would make sense for Ned to claim him as his own, and get him out of the capital away from the Lannisters to protect him. I think this is a bit contradicted in episode 2 I believe, where Robert and Ned are talking about their conquests, and it is obvious that Robert does not know about Jon being his son, which would make no sense in this scenario.

3. Jon is the son of Ned's brother, the one who was lost behind the wall in Season 1 and some other character. This is not nearly as romantic, but it again makes sense because Ned's brother is sworn to abstain from sex, and Ned would keep his secret and raise the child.

Anyway those are my theories. I do not think Ned is the father of Jon because it goes against everything we know about him. I think theory 2 is the most plausible.

Sorry about not looking up the names of characters but I did not want to hit accidental spoilers.

The other option is Rhaegar targaryan who kidnapped Lyanna stark, starting Robert's uprising

Westeros is the size of South America.

Lord Commander Mormont was killed by renegade crows, not wildlings.

They weren't renegades. They were crows themselves who killed him over a disagreement over Craster right? Trying to remember the scene but it was something like Craster talking shit and someone standing up to him and him attacking a crow and them killing Craster and then Mormont because Mormont was telling them to stop.

Just liken Stannis said. These nights watch members are not honorable men deep down.

On one side you have wildlings who could very easily disagree with Jon and take him hostage to try and use as random against castle black and the nights watch or you have the nights watch completely disagreeing with your decision. Jon said half would hate him for it to Aemon but it looks like he was wrong by 50%. But hey if he pulls it off somehow it will be cool to see the north with an army of wildlings along with a unified north behind Sansa. That would be a powerful force no doubt.

But of course the whole Sansa thing is just a vague plan from Littlefinger. God help us all if Stannis fails somehow taking Winterfell or something happens to Sansa.

Sansa can't fight so she is safe though. I've figured these directors out. They don't like fighters lol. Fighters get killed fighting while the schemers live on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom