• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, little slow, but sometimes things need to be slow for a bigger payoff.

A lot of shit happened at the end of last season, a little reset to get new things into motion is fine if the new stuff gets rolling quickly.

Nameless

Kit Harrington has been steadily stepping his game up for a while now. Great stuff between him and Mance especially. Snow's the Stark son we can all be proud of. It'll be up to him to use his First Man blood to rally the Wildling horde behind our King.

Vire

Kit Harrington has been steadily stepping his game up for a while now. Great stuff between him and Mance especially. Snow's the Stark son we can all be proud of. It'll be up to him to use his First Man blood to rally the Wildling horde behind our King.
I agree, the Snow scenes were actually the best of the night. I also enjoyed the intro with little Cersei and the witch.

kinda so-so premiere tbh
so who was that girl together with young cersei? ned's sister?

Melara Heatherspoon, some random girl from the Westerlands IIRC.

I actually really liked the episode. It was nice just seeing them take stock after all the insanity from last season.

Why the hell hasn't HBOgo Canada updated yet, I'd like to watch again before I go to sleep.

Any Canadians remember what it was like last year? I'm certain the episodes were up before they even finished airing.

Venture

Not a great opening but I loved the ending. Even though it was neat to see young Cersei, the flashback seemed kind of pointless.

Ridli

Man.. i'm worried. I'm actually starting to buy into Varys now. And anytime a side character get's too lovable/altruistic they spell their own doom.

My friend had someone text him and ask what happened. He sent this back: "The guy- What's his name? John White? He got killed by the short guy. Tyrone."

Apt101

My first show using HBO Now. I found myself so used to watching GoT on bluray.... no next episode. But anyways, good start t the season, a lot of stories thrown into motion in 59 minutes (minus recap). I found myself being sympathetic of Cersei. Does that make me a monster?

Barring the fact that it took about 11-13 minutes for the episode to show up, HBO Go worked perfectly (and in HD), so that was nice. I expected a stuttering mess.

Curufinwe

The Sansa scenes were really awful. Turner nor little finger can't carry a scene at all...

Complete fucking nonsense. They've carried plenty of scenes before, like last season where they revealed Littlefinger was behind the murder of Jon Arryn, and when they shoved his wife thru the moon door.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
pretty slow episode but i guess they needed that

- mance and jon snow scene was dope
- emilia clarke continues to be a bad actress
- tyrion as a broken man stripped of everything could be pretty good
- the dragon that left could be a really cool wildcard
- that brothel execution was unexpected

Vire

I think the show alternated too much between the characters actually. We couldn't stay with one character for more than two minutes at a time? Are we that ADD as an audience now?

I get that you want to catch us up on what's been going on with everyone, but it just felt a bit spastic.

Apt101

Barring the fact that it took about 11-13 minutes for the episode to show up, HBO Go worked perfectly (and in HD), so that was nice. I expected a stuttering mess.

It was flawless for me. Girlfriend fired it up at 21:01 and it was streaming HD without a hitch. It was a pain getting my Now sub going though. Had to install iTunes, verify my payment info again, answer like 20 questions and prompts. I was like, damn HBO, do you want my money or not?

Asami208

Banned
Apt101 Cersei's a weird character for me. One moment she'll do or say something that will make me sympathize (or at least understand her), and then she'll usually do something extraordinarily ****** that makes me hate her again.

Pretty slow episode but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Glad it's finally back and I'm really looking forward to see how all the stuff at the wall plays out. Stannis on a crusade to take back the north would be awesome, assuming it even happens.

It was flawless for me. Girlfriend fired it up at 21:01 and it was streaming HD without a hitch. It was a pain getting my Now sub going though. Had to install iTunes, verify my payment info again, answer like 20 questions and prompts. I was like, damn HBO, do you want my money or not?
I guess the plus side is now that you've got that set up and that's out of the way, you'll have the benefit of the episodes going up immediately on Now compared to Go.

Apt101

Apt101 Cersei's a weird character for me. One moment she'll do or say something that will make me sympathize (or at least understand her), and then she'll usually do something extraordinarily ****** that makes me hate her again.

Yea, I mean, she's an awful person. But now I understand why she's so awful. Her father propped her up, and now she's fighting against inevitability.

Cake Boss

Banned
I love this show but damn this is slow.

Another filler episode, better not be another filler season.

Winter has been coming for 5 seasons now
Dragons has been coming for 5 seasons now, just fucking unleach them already
Where the fuck are the whitewalkers, and the skeleton dragon ball people.

ecurbj

Totally forgot that little shit was the one who killed ygritte...so much hate for that dweeb.
121873-Olly-nod-gif-Imgur-kid-with-bo-0d1U.gif
At least Jon was pretty much giving him a beating of his life in that training session he was having, lol.

Apt101

I love this show but damn this is slow.

Another filler episode, better not be another filler season.

Winter has been coming for 5 seasons now
Dragons has been coming for 5 seasons now, just fucking unleach them already
Where the fuck are the whitewalkers, and the skeleton dragon ball people.

Hah. Try reading the books. Pages dedicated to illustrating food or how dirt is mingling with the air and shit. I powered through the last novel and in the however many hundreds of pages there might have been 50 pages of actual, progressive, character-building story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom