• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
250Mb download, should be able to stream it in HD you'd think.

It's always been shit for me. It will switch between HD to potato quality on the fly. It was pretty annoying at first but I got used to it. I also hate that there is no option to choose between HD and SD.

Also, the sound quality is terrible as well, goes from loud to quiet, also on the fly.

Nah. No sympathy for Ygritte, who knew Jon was still a crow and never did anything about it, and then half tried to kill him. The boy's a hero.

Ygritte shot his father in the face while he and Ollie were joking around about potatoes.

Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever.

Now she's not on my tv every week being hot and sassy. That dweeb must pay.

Hah. Try reading the books. Pages dedicated to illustrating food or how dirt is mingling with the air and shit. I powered through the last novel and in the however many hundreds of pages there might have been 50 pages of actual, progressive, character-building story.

The fact that people are actually mad that the last two books aren't being covered word for word is laughable. The momentum of the story ground to a fucking halt after the third book and has yet to fully recover. GRRM's love of sprawling political intrigue and excruciating detail is really starting to poison his writing.

I was actually glad to see that they were cutting out or changing several plotlines, as it will allow for a much more focused approach centered around characters who are actually important.

Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever.

Now she's not on my tv every week being hot and sassy. That dweeb must pay.

There will be others. This show has never suffered for lack of attractive, exposed characters.

sangreal

got1.png

got2.png

I wonder what Stannis is going to do about Jon's actions. He doesn't seem to let shit like this go without punishment. He doesn't seem very passionate.

And I need this Dragon Queen to get her damn dragons under control. You can't be burnt right? Spray them with a water bottle until they become submissive.

(Also did the dragons get bigger?)

And I couldn't be the only one who thought the guy who got killed in the brothel was Grey Worm, I was trying to figure out if they replaced his character or if he was just hitting the gym.

Why wasn't Tyron seemingly bothered or surprised at the massive Targaryen restoration conspiracy revealed to him by Varys?

I'd say it was probably because he was hammered and couldn't really give a fuck about anything, dude just wants to die at this point it seems.

besada

Banned
Let's take discussion of the books and their content to the book thread before someone slips up and gets banned, thanks.

Why wasn't Tyron seemingly bothered or surprised at the massive Targaryen restoration conspiracy revealed to him by Varys?

Seems to me Tyrion is beyond giving a fuck about anything at this point. Varys could have told him he was in league with the White Walkers and Tyrion would not bat an eye.

He's a broken man looking for meaning, literally trying to drink himself to death in the meantime. In the books he is plagued by endless demons and appears to suffer from PTSD. I think they're trying to convey that in the show.

Plus it'll be a wee bit difficult for him to reclaim his standing in Westeros given all the shit he's pulled--and the consequences that have resulted from it. It's not like the Westerlands is gonna accept him back with open arms.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Plus it'll be a wee bit difficult for him to reclaim his standing in Westeros given all the shit he's pulled--and the consequences that have resulted from it. It's not like the Westerlands is gonna accept him back with open arms.

He'll never be back while things are how they are.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I spoilered my post, didn't realize casual references were off limits - my sincere apologies.
Not even spoilered. Read the rules in the OP.

hgJ45.jpg

SPOILER RULES:

- ABSOLUTELY NO BOOK SPOILERS. It doesn't matter if they're under spoiler tags, they should not be in this thread. Use the other thread for book-related television discussion. This includes alluding to things, subtle hinting, comparing the books to the show, etc...

- Regular TV thread rules apply:
  • Once something airs in the US on the East Coast, it's fair game. Feel free to discuss anything that has aired without using spoiler tags.
  • Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from HBO previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places.
  • Speculation from people that haven't read the books is fine and encouraged.

- For the non-book readers using this thread:
  • If you have any questions about plot points or want clarification on something, feel free to send a PM to any of the helpful volunteers (see below) and ask them.
  • PhoenixDark
  • foxtrot3d
  • Brakke

- For the book readers that want to lurk in this thread:
  • No taunting or teasing:
    e.g. "Oh, just wait until you guys see what happens to him next week!!!"
  • No leading questions:
    e.g. "What do you think will happen to this character by the end of the season?"
  • No comparing the book to the show:
    e.g. "Well, that's different than in the book where they..."
  • Answering questions is fine when the information is readily available from what has aired on the show.
    e.g. Q: "Wait, how is Robb related to Ned?" A: "Robb is Ned's son."

The bottom line is that this thread was created for people that haven't read the books to enjoy and discuss the television show. Keep their interests in mind and let them enjoy the show on their own terms without constantly pestering them. In general, there isn't a good reason for book readers to post in this thread. Thanks for your help.
I strongly recommend that you subscribe to the appropriate thread and use your subscriptions page to visit the thread.

Apt101

Look at how hard they came down on his brother, for breaking an oath while killing a king everyone agreed was "mad" and tyrannical. I think that's why Varys casually agreed that he'd never sit the throne.

But not that Varys and Illyrio were actively plotting against the Lannisters to put her in the throne!

Probably just a mixture of not caring/being down and out and always expecting the unexpected from Varys. Though it will be interesting to see how him and Daenerys view each other if/when they meet each other.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
♥

I thought the Lord of Light needed king's blood. I know Jon has blood of the first men, but is that good for anything other than rallying wildlings?

That's how I interpreted it, between that and "well I can figure something out with this"

Vire

Kind of bummed they killed of Mance, he clearly had a softer side that we didn't get to see until his final moments.

Good little character. Oh well.

Apt101

Yeah, I wasn't really sure either. She seems to know everything about...well...everything, so it has to be important.

I think she pretends to know more than she does, and plays on people's obvious vulnerabilities to her benefit. Like how she toyed with Davos and Stannis's wife. She keyed in on Snow's unease with the touch of a confident woman. Perhaps she thinks he fathered a child?

Limit

I don't think Tyrion is going to like Daenerys when/if he does meet her. For all that Dany has been able to accomplish she still comes off as one of the most naive characters on the show who got to where she is now with sheer luck and circumstances. Though Tyrion is a sucker for ladies so he might begin to swoon as soon as he meets her, just like every other major male character.

Xamdou

Man got excited when I saw Daeneryus about to unleash the dragons only to bail out because they be pissed since she never visited em since locking em up. She seriously need to watch How to train your Dragon for reals!

I was seriously impressed with how the Rhaegal and Viserion looked, as well as the all black scene then the fireballs lighting up the dungeon!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Tyrion is going to like Daenerys when/if he does meet her. For all that Dany has been able to accomplish she still comes off as one of the most naive characters on the show who got to where she is now with sheer luck and circumstances. Though Tyrion is a sucker for ladies so he might begin to swoon as soon as he meets her, just like every other major male character.

I doubt it. He feels pretty done with bullshit. Daenerys has got by on her council till now, left on her own she's not really doing so well.

Vire

Man got excited when I saw Daeneryus about to unleash the dragons only to bail out because they be pissed since she never visited em since locking em up. She seriously need to watch How to train your Dragon for reals!

I was seriously impressed with how the Rhaegal and Viserion looked, as well as the all black scene then the fireballs lighting up the dungeon!
Yeah that was awesome! Definitely a highlight of the episode. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom