• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sande

the end game is going to be white walkers and dragons teaming up vs Ramsay and 20 good men
The white walkers and dragons wouldn't stand a chance.

It just hit me that there's the Bethesda conference before episode 10. Well it's not like I even needed another reason to avoid Twitch chat with all the meme spammers.

Nameless

Thing is, Is she in league with the WW or conjuring up something unaware that is controlling them?

Oh. I misread what you meant by connection. Nah I don't see her being in league with the WW. The Lord of Light wouldn't employ someone in service to His eternal enemy. And that's not something she could hide from a God.

Nope. Melli is firmly on the side of life & light.

Inglip

Neo Member
Anyway, we need to divert our eyes from the so called spoilers. seen a video (spoiler FREE) on the latest S5 Finale location used, as seen in the trailer last weekend! https://youtu.be/npLvOZ5rcpU :D

I don't know if it's been discussed before, but the trailer/episode teasers/names are FAR more spoilery than some book remark (i.e. whats different in them) IMO. Last years' "The Mountain and the Viper" wasn't exacly spoilyproof after Tyrions' speach. *sigh*

I like to think hard about what's gonna happen, one frame from bloody teaser can ruin that. Why is this OK and even tiny mention of the books is not? (haven't read them)

Edit.: ofc not thinks like "Hodor gonna die tonight", that's just wrong and perpetrator should be Reeked. Condolences to spoiled ones.

Sande

I don't know if it's been discussed before, but the trailer/episode teasers/names are FAR more spoilery than some book remark (i.e. whats different in them) IMO. Last years' "The Mountain and the Viper" wasn't exacly spoilyproof after Tyrions' speach. *sigh*

I like to think hard about what's gonna happen, one frame from bloody teaser can ruin that. Why is this OK and even tiny mention of the books is not? (haven't read them)

Edit.: ofc not thinks like "Hodor gonna die tonight", that's just wrong and perpetrator should be Reeked. Condolences to spoiled ones.
It's pretty much the same for me. The trailer for this season was fucking ridiculous though. They showed the harpies surrounding Dany & co. in the arena.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oh and these guys of course :

Richard-Dormer-as-Beric-Dondarrion-lighting-his-sword.gif

Invincible eyepatch man has been regulated to the same category as Gendry: characters forgotten by the showrunners.

Invincible eyepatch man has been regulated to the same category as Gendry: characters forgotten by the showrunners.

Why do you assume that they have been forgotten? They probably weren't important to the story for the last two seasons, and were left out. Would you rather have another situation such as Theon in season 3, where characters are left on screen accomplishing nothing? That, Dany in Season 2, and Dorne in this season, are widely considered the worst arcs of the show.

Nameless

As the story inches closer and closer towards the 'Fire and Ice' main event I think/hope Thoros, Beric, and co. will have a part to play. As for Gendry, probably nothing more than a fan service cameo like Hot Pie's last season.

Jackpot

Banned
If something really does happen to Jon that'd mean two Lord Commanders in a row deposed by mutiny. Hopefully that means the capital sends someone up there to get a grip on things next season.

Massa

The white walkers and dragons wouldn't stand a chance.

It just hit me that there's the Bethesda conference before episode 10. Well it's not like I even needed another reason to avoid Twitch chat with all the meme spammers.

It's the other way around, the Bethesda conference starts one hour after the finale starts (or just as it finishes).

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Why they only make 10 episodes? :( At least make 12 if not more.

Man I am ready for the finale.

funkypie

Banned
I can't imagine stannis dying tonight. Without him the boltons would become undisputed in the north which would mean not much story in the north any more. Apart from jon snow on the wall and sansa trapped.

besides, he is a mother fucker.

Kickz

This has been a meh season... Couldn't even get a fucking Boltons vs Stannis fight..

Lots and lots of stalling for whatever reason

Should've had Stannis Bolton fight decided midseason and then the season finale tonight is Dany landing in Westeros on top of her dragons

I can't imagine stannis dying tonight. Without him the boltons would become undisputed in the north which would mean not much story in the north any more. Apart from jon snow on the wall and sansa trapped.

besides, he is a mother fucker.

Not according to Littlefinger who told Cersei he would gather the Vale army and mop up the mess and take Winterfell.

He went from drunken perverted dwarf to simply the best actor on the show and probably all of television. He steals every single scene he is in and I hope he gets a better career out of this. I want to see more of him on the big screen and not just as a role only a dwarf could play. The guy is a legitimately great actor.
It's just too bad he can't do an accent to save his life.

Volimar

Cersei ain't rolling over. At least not without an ulterior motive.

If she does it'll be to demand a trial by frankencombat.

Oh man, what if that's how she gets out of it. She demands trial by combat and frankenmountain gets her off and then it's time for some revenge.

iNvid02

so after tonight we'll all be on the same page more or less (pun intended hue hue) about the future of westeros and these characters. thats pretty cool.

Nameless

Stannis sacrificing his daughter will either embolden him and strengthen in his resolve like never before, or it will break him. His sigil, a stag in a burning heart, came to life in a fucked poetic way last episode as the one person he loved burned alive clutching a stag figurine -- an intentional bit of symbolism that hopefully points to a sort of rebirth for the One True King and his cause after finally going all in on the Lord of Light.

I'm ready for whatever happens.

#wemarchtovictoryorwemarchtodefeat

Littlefinger better not fuck things up. Ditto for Brienne.

There's one specific thing I'm waiting for. It's pretty much the only thing I was aware of due to it being filmed. How it's presented and executed will be interesting to see.

Decado

Making 10 takes a whole year, but I wonder they might extend seasons 6 and 7 to 12 episodes and have season 6 start in July 2016, and Season 7 in October 2017.

This season has been so slow and there is surely so much left to do I don't want to believe they'll try and wrap it up in 7 seasons :(

sangreal

This season has been so slow and there is surely so much left to do I don't want to believe they'll try and wrap it up in 7 seasons :(

Yeah, I think it is ridiculous. I understand wanting to end a show before it gets bad, and HBO is good at that but there is way too much left to explore to set a hard ending. I mean the later books haven't even been written. I wish D&D would just commit to going for as long as the story takes them, rather then setting a hard season limit. HBO is already on record for wanting it to go as long as possible, but not wanting to get in their way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom