• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchie64

Viewers want to see Stannis succeed? I think he's a little... to tempted to kill his daughter and do crazy shit with the red temptress. I don't trust Littlefinger and him being on Stannis' side makes sense.

I'm pro Tyrion, Jon, and Daenerys as leaders and being successful. I think Jon would support Danerys over Stannis as well.
Well team Stannis seems pretty common to me, but I don't have any data to back that up :p
I think now especially because he's gonna take the North and in theory give it to a Stark, people are turning around.

Well team Stannis seems pretty common to me, but I don't have any data to back that up :p
I think now especially because he's gonna take the North and in theory give it to a Stark, people are turning around.

Well, taking back the North is good and Sansa being wardeness is good. But I don't want to see him "win" everything. Daenerys is destined to have the wildlings fight with her. Free men.

Ferrio

Banned
Well, taking back the North is good and Sansa being wardeness is good. But I don't want to see him "win" everything. Daenerys is destined to have the wildlings fight with her. Free men.

Lol free men. Dani is the opposite of being free, you're only allowed to do what she deems proper.

so doe Dany actually sit on these dragons and ride them, or do they pretty much do their own thing?

If she is not sitting on them, I can imagine they are very good at discerning who are on their side and who isn't? They pretty much hate people except Dany.

I just want to see some more dragon stuff. They are the best thing in the show but there has only been about 3minutes of footage of them over the course of 4.5 seasons.

Lol free men. Dani is the opposite of being free, you're only allowed to do what she deems proper.
100,000 people can't roam south of the wall without honoring some rules like not enslaving or eating people. They have to recognize some queen/king. Seeing free men fight for her should help.

Viewers want to see Stannis succeed? I think he's a little... to tempted to kill his daughter and do crazy shit with the red temptress. I don't trust Littlefinger and him being on Stannis' side makes sense.

I'm pro Tyrion, Jon, and Daenerys as leaders and being successful. I think Jon would support Danerys over Stannis as well.

After the last EP I could never see Stannis intentionally harming his daughter.

Volimar

He was reserved when hugging her back. It felt like he knew what was going to happen despite being the opposite of Tywin when she was younger.

I think that was just him being awkward when it comes to affection. I don't think he knows what the red witch has planned for her yet. Still to be seen if he'll go along with it.

sangreal

After the last EP I could never see Stannis intentionally harming his daughter.

The same guy who turned on Davos? Killed Renly? Sacrificed Gendry?

I'm pro Stannis but he has no moral high ground. Could easily see him kill his wife and daughter. Not that it makes sense when there are so many other people out there with "kings blood" -- including an actual king in Aemon Targaryen

sangreal

so doe Dany actually sit on these dragons and ride them, or do they pretty much do their own thing?

If she is not sitting on them, I can imagine they are very good at discerning who are on their side and who isn't? They pretty much hate people except Dany.

I just want to see some more dragon stuff. They are the best thing in the show but there has only been about 3minutes of footage of them over the course of 4.5 seasons.

Last we've seen all the dragons other than Khal Drogon want her dead. The Targaryens are supposed to ride dragons though according to her brother. Plus it's incredibly obvious Bran is going to control at least one

I think the dragons will be more important for the war with the white walkers than the war for the seven kingdoms. There is only 2.5 seasons left to develop that though so maybe not

munchie64

Last we've seen all the dragons other than Khal Drogon want her dead. The Targaryens are supposed to ride dragons though according to her brother. Plus it's incredibly obvious Bran is going to control at least one

I think the dragons will be more important for the war with the white walkers than the war for the seven kingdoms. There is only 2.5 seasons left to develop that though so maybe not
I can see the White Walkers and Dany legit coming (not just fake coming like season 2 lol) at the end of this season or early next.

lol

am0y3K2_460s.jpg

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
to be fair ive not seen a single spoiler anywhere about the leaked episodes
but then again theres not been anything major that you can really spoil

Looking forward to this week's show. Last week's ep saw a bunch of threads starting to come together for maximum shit getting realedness.

Or meybe we'll just get Tyrion and Ser Jorah on horses. And Brienne being told to piss off by a shadow with Stannis's face.

Either's good.

Nameless

I love Brienne but if she gets in the way of the One True Cause all bets off are off. Best thing for her to do if/when Stannis takes Winterfell is to #bendtheknee and hope Sansa let's her stay and fulfill the oath she made to Lady Catelyn .

Renly brought his fate on himself anyway. He had no claim to the Throne whatsoever, but stole their family's bannermen and attempted to usurp his brother on the grounds that he's unlikable and not particularly charming. Even then Stannis gave him the chance to surrender peacefully, offering him a seat on the small council in addition to naming him his heir in the event he never had a son. Sure, blood magic is kinda fucked up, but one person died instead of tens of thousands in what would've been a brutal & bloody Baratheon civil war.

Ramsiege

I love Brienne but if she gets in the way of the One True Cause all bets off are off. Best thing for her to do if/when Stannis takes Winterfell is to #bendtheknee and hope Sansa let's her stay and fulfill the oath she made to Lady Catelyn .

Renly brought his fate on himself anyway. He had no claim to the Throne whatsoever, but stole their family's bannermen and attempted to usurp his brother on the grounds that he's unlikable and not particularly charming. Even then Stannis gave him the chance to surrender peacefully, offering him a seat on the small council in addition to naming him his heir in the event he never had a son. Sure, blood magic is kinda fucked up, but one person died instead of tens of thousands in what would've been a brutal & bloody Baratheon civil war.

They ended up dying anyway at Blackwater.

Nameless

They ended up dying anyway at Blackwater.

True, most did. They should consider themselves lucky; they gave their lives fighting for the One True King in a legendary battle that will be remembered forever instead of probably defeating the Lannisters with the Tyrells behind bogus king Renly.

Ushay

I really fear for Brienne, she's one of the few remaining people that have honour and courage to stand up for what's right, yet she has had her 'oaths' broken and thown back in her face.

She may end up becoming bitter and cruel like everyone else. Podric too :(

fire lady will rule

She needs to reign in her Dragons before she can do that. She has no political strength over her people, and her biggest weapons is out of her control at the moment. If she can bring them under her orders she can easily win the Throne. And fuck what Jorah said about the Dragons, he knows nothing (pun intended).

I'm trying to think if those guys who took over Winterfell have actually flayed any meaningful characters yet. If not its kind of worrying, they cant say they do this brutal thing and only have it happen to weak-sauce NPC's. I think it might end up happening to someone we all like :S

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Unless Brienne has a sniper rifle hidden up her armor she's just going to her self captured and set on fire trying to kill Stannis.

oh god
if this turns out to be near the truth my heart will break

iNvid02

I'm trying to think if those guys who took over Winterfell have actually flayed any meaningful characters yet. If not its kind of worrying, they cant say they do this brutal thing and only have it happen to weak-sauce NPC's. I think it might end up happening to someone we all like :S

thats it isnt it, thats how he is going to top the red wedding. hes going to have a likeable character flayed alive.

if Cersei dies, I'm not sure there'll be much of a story to tell in King's landing. It already feels less exciting with Tywin and Tyrion out of there.

iNvid02

tywin gave a crazy amount of weight to the lannisters, but he also united them. just look at how scattered cersei, jaime and tyrion are now. the sense of lannister invincibility was flushed down the toilet when tywin got iced. it feels like a much more level playing field now that any one of them could get killed.

Matt_

You know, last year Tywin was killed on Father's Day. Is there a mother that will get the chop today?!

I cant see them killing off Cersei any time soon
maybe stannis' wife? shes the only mum I can think of

Jackpot

Banned
tywin gave a crazy amount of weight to the lannisters, but he also united them. just look at how scattered cersei, jaime and tyrion are now. the sense of lannister invincibility was flushed down the toilet when tywin got iced. it feels like a much more level playing field now that any one of them could get killed.

yep, what I really wish for now is for someone to do well at their political machinations. Everyone just seems to be flailing about and relying on their enemies screwing up to save them.

kingocfs

How the mighty have fallen indeed.

I don't think Cersei dies yet, though. At least I hope not. I'm just now starting to warm up to her vs. Margaery.

Not just that. Factor in Tywin's brother abandoning the family and returning home, and you've lost one of the most experienced commanders in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom