• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

cresto

Can someone help me out please....I know this has probably been asked but i cant seem to find the right question to google.

Where does Garden of Bones ending in the book? I want to pick up where the episode ended so I can read ahead. I enjoy the books but its hard to read it when you already have seen the episodes.

Anybody! Help me!

ultron87

Can someone help me out please....I know this has probably been asked but i cant seem to find the right question to google.

Where does Garden of Bones ending in the book? I want to pick up where the episode ended so I can read ahead. I enjoy the books but its hard to read it when you already have seen the episodes.

Anybody! Help me!

The order of events is so mixed up at this point between the books and the show that I'd have to tell you a separate chapter for each viewpoint.

Edit: Just read the book. There is enough stuff that has changed or been skipped over that you'll get a lot of new stuff.

jett

D-Member

Anybody! Help me!

It's pointless to do that because the show does not follow the chapters in the same order as the book, considering many characters are in far off places doing unrelated things.

i got curious at the vjay jay monster was so i look on the westeros wiki. the wiki is a bad bad bad thing, i just spoiled myself about a few things. I haven't read the books, i think i might want to now.

i got curious at the vjay jay monster was so i look on the westeros wiki. the wiki is a bad bad bad thing, i just spoiled myself about a few things. I haven't read the books, i think i might want to now.

I'm curious. Did you search "shadow baby" on the westeros wiki lol? I've read the books and don't know what I'd search for to find info on that (besides looking at the general ACOK summary)

KingK

Avoid the Wiki at all fucking costs. Spoilers everywhere. Don't touch that shit until you finish the books (and yes, you should definitely read the books).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Anybody! Help me!
If you really wanted to you could check out Tower of the Hand but it's so changed that there's no point trying to jump into the book where the episode left off because you'd be lost. Start from the beginning.

http://towerofthehand.com/books/guide.html

apana

What, those 20 seconds of special effects? :p HBO needs to increase the budget, because the Dany scene was honestly quite sad. It's not even in the book, I don't understand why they felt the need to shine a light on their own shortcomings. :lol

Dude it's not like you can pick up shadow babies at the local Dollar Tree. series spoiler:
I agree though about them getting a bigger budget. How much will the battle at the wall cost? "You know what" riding in on mammoths can't be cheap.

Aselith

They really should have explicitly stated why she didn't want to show them the dragons, because whatever we're supposed to infer about her not wanting to show weakness, or risk them stealing them or whatever, every person watching the scene knows its due to cgi costs. I didn't know what the narrative reason was supposed to be until reading interpretations on the internet and it totally ruined the scene and just made it awkward.

Really? Because they talk about the Qarthians killing people who come to their city and stealing their shit right before that.

Pollux

Dude it's not like you can pick up shadow babies at the local Dollar Tree. series spoiler:
I agree though about them getting a bigger budget. How much will the battle at the wall cost? "You know what" riding in on mammoths can't be cheap.

series spoiler:
or the dude rolling around on a bear? or the more grown dragons once they start breathing fire at people...
They should increase the budget ASAP.

Jonm1010

Banned
The dany scene didn't really bother me but budgetary reasons did enter my mind though.

Thing is the easy fix would have been to bring one or two of them over to see them without ever showing the dragons or have her show them but don't have the camera focus on the dragons themselves. Or better yet only have like a prop dragon tail swing in front of the camera but show the surprised face of the qarthians who got to look at it.

Though, again, it didn't bother me.

Subitai

Haha, watching the Jack Dempsie (Gendry) interview with Access Hollywood and holy shit. The host asks about Gendry and Arya getting together and things get awkward quick
http://wicnet.tumblr.com/post/21747923324/joe-dempsie-interview-with-access-hollywood
"Imma gonna look up shipping..."

Anyway, the thing is the interviewer pushed it, "...well in 3 years she'll be 18..."

Edit: It is fun watching people who haven't read the books struggle with their aspirations for characters given how unpredictable the story is. [aSoS]
Gendry and Arya going their own ways was one of the sadder non-death moments for me, but it didn't dig that deep as everything else going down sort of makes you numb.

Mordeccai

Emilia isn't really my cup of wine but she looks absolutely lovely in that still with Pyat Pree.

meetmesomewherevr0n6.gif

Me not being into Emilia means one less suitor to contest with.
Which is good for you lot considering my Targaryen-esque looks and Baratheon-esque strength.

Also I'll take Ros. She's more my type.

Putting her on a diet will save the kingdom on the food shortage and allow for more proper screen time for the rest of the characters in the Seven Kingdoms.

Everybody wins.

tumblr_lk9ekeoSjU1qak0cko1_500.gif

I just Tyrioned you motherfuckers.

apana

Haha, watching the Jack Dempsie (Gendry) interview with Access Hollywood and holy shit. The host asks about Gendry and Arya getting together and things get awkward quick
http://wicnet.tumblr.com/post/21747923324/joe-dempsie-interview-with-access-hollywood

Game of Thrones shipping is a bit strange. People don't care about age or incest cause the books don't, it's very interesting. It's not my cup of tea, I enjoy wholesome non-controversial shipping. By the way I'm getting annoyed by these entertainment journalists/hosts/whatever.

Vespene

If there's one sequence of events I really hope doesnt get nerfed due to budget...
it would have to be Dany's conquest of Slaver's Bay. I want to see huge cities, massive armies and grown dragons going dracarys on the slavers. It's the only thing she does next season so they should leave that be in all it's glory
. So yeah, bump the budget up by 30 million and were good for season 3 & 4. Oh and the
coliseum scene when Drogon shows up... it's one of the greatest moments in the story so far so please....

Massa

Me not being into Emilia means one less suitor to contest with.
Which is good for you lot considering my Targaryen-esque looks and Baratheon-esque strength.

Also I'll take Ros. She's more my type.

Putting her on a diet will save the kingdom on the food shortage and allow for more proper screen time for the rest of the characters in the Seven Kingdoms.

Everybody wins.

Strike two. One more and you're out.

Tokubetsu

I really love the design they went with for Loras' armor. It's gorgeous, and awesome. Knight of Flowers swaggin' on em.

It's kind of a ltitle thing I'm sure most audiences won't pick up but I think it's great looking. Someone make me a skin for Skyrim yo.

Charles Dance is amazing, and he even gets the added bonus of having the most badass armor in the show.

Look at this magnificent bastard.

Lannister armor in general is amazing as well. Even minor characters like Polliver look awesome because of it. It's sort of a shame that some of the show's other armor doesn't "pop" quite as much, but I think the only legitimate weak link is the helmets on the Kingsguard (or maybe the Citywatch, I forget).

Yeah, the Lannisters' armor is like an amazing mixture of samurai and knight plate, it's easily the best armor design in the show. And Loras' armor is pretty damn awesome so that's saying something.

suzu

Gendry and Arya shipping.. Oh god. lol. That stuff should stay on the internets.

(Series)
Can't wait till somebody brings up Sansa and the Hound to the actors.

- Pearson Moore's latest article for WiC.net
This is no summertime drama.

Every minute of tonight’s episode was dark with fear and hatred and torture and death. Victories on the battlefield only led to suffering for both sides. A king who might have concentrated on spreading good cheer was instead the most heinous source of unspeakable evil, a man who found greatest pleasure in causing pain and mutilation. A grand oasis in the unforgiving desolation of the Red Waste turned out instead to be as inhospitable as the Garden of Bones surrounding it. Girls and boys who might have enjoyed courtship and family life and an apprenticeship instead waited in the rain and mud, waited in their own urine and filth, for their turn to be tortured and eaten alive by rats. What little light might have shown through was instead engulfed in shadow.

The only relief from misery was hope. Everyone tonight had hope, and hope centred around a plan of action, an agenda to be activated at the first possible opportunity. That hope was not a mere sentiment, though. It was grounded in each character’s sense of personal justice, and it allowed each of the oppressed, in her own way, to overcome every present obstacle of thought and emotion.

Each character this evening carried in her mind a reason for hope: A list that would allow her to regain the personal justice others had stolen with malice, hatred, and spite. Last week we learned the intricacies of loyalty in Westeros. Tonight we saw the value—and the danger—in holding onto hope by creating an action plan for revenge—a list of mortal enemies—to be killed at the first opportunity.
Much more via the link.

Mordeccai

I want the left breast to be bare in Qarth :[

I had the best images in my head when reading those sections! How they gonna totally change the Qartheen fashion on us like this?!
and deprive us of more cleavage?!

I want the left breast to be bare in Qarth :[

I had the best images in my head when reading those sections! How they gonna totally change the Qartheen fashion on us like this?!
and deprive us of more cleavage?!

I know, I thought it was a given that we'd see Clarke's boob for the latter half of the season :(

pr0cs

prequel series
If HBO ever catches up to Martin, I would love for them to do a prequel miniseries re: Robert's Rebellion and the fall of the Targaryans.

prequel:
I just finished the Hedge Knight last night, that would make for a pretty good show as well

Anybody! Help me!

as others have said, some of the order of things are mixed around, but needless to say, it is one of Davos's chapter's within the first third of the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom