• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

I really didn't like the sudden arrival, as it seemed to trivialize Stannis. A simple "Stannis is coming" proclamation would have worked

It's weird because I heard from some extras that they filmed a scene where the camp reacts to Stannis' fleet arriving off-shore. Maybe they had to cut it because they didn't have the time/money to spend on the CGI?

Kapsama

Charles Dance is amazing, and he even gets the added bonus of having the most badass armor in the show.

Look at this magnificent bastard.

Lannister armor in general is amazing as well. Even minor characters like Polliver look awesome because of it. It's sort of a shame that some of the show's other armor doesn't "pop" quite as much, but I think the only legitimate weak link is the helmets on the Kingsguard (or maybe the Citywatch, I forget).

You take that back! The Gold Cloaks' Middle Eastern inspired Plated Mail is the best looking armor on the show.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It's weird because I heard from some extras that they filmed a scene where the camp reacts to Stannis' fleet arriving off-shore. Maybe they had to cut it because they didn't have the time/money to spend on the CGI?
A shame if so. The actual exchange in the scene was good but the lack of an arrival did hurt it a bit.

Pollux

Good news. Can't wait to see how next week's numbers look, after dat ending. I saw some "shark jump" comments on twitter but overall the reaction seemed positive and shocked

"shark jumped"? It's a show about fantasy that hasn't had anything "fantastic" as soon as the "fantastic" elements show up the show jumps the shark? people are stupid.

Interesting. I had hoped there would at least be a scene of Renly being told Stannis had arrived on the shore, perhaps after the LF scene.

IceCold

"shark jumped"? It's a show about fantasy that hasn't had anything "fantastic" as soon as the "fantastic" elements show up the show jumps the shark? people are stupid.

From the very beginning there was a fantasy element to it. Don't people remember the white walkers from episode 1? That was the first 5 minutes of the show.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
v08dI.gif

Harrenhal looked brilliant. Just saw Gemma Jackson (one of the production designers) in a short video and she explained the inspiration for the look and feel of Harrenhal came from a Hindu temple in Cambodia called Angkor Wat.

My girlfriend had a dream that she birthed a shadow baby and then began breast feeding it.

:\
I hope for your sake she's not a greenseer.

Harrenhal looked brilliant. Just saw Gemma Jackson (one of the production designers) in a short video and she explained the inspiration for the look and feel of Harrenhal came from a Hindu temple in Cambodia called Angkor Wat.

I hope for your sake she's not a greenseer.

Oh shit... :/

I'll ask her if the dream green.

apana

Yeah I posted that video of Gemma Jackson talking about Harrenhal earlier. Also I now have an even bigger crush on Melisandre after watching the shadow baby episode. Love the way she was talking to Davos. Wish I was on that boat. (´・ω・`)

You know, at this point in the story, Jon is kind of a little bitch compared to Robb, huh? The show is making it seem that way, anyway. I don't really recall having that impression early on in Clash of Kings... I just felt like they were roughly equals subjected to wildly differing circumstances. But on the show, it feels like Robb is about to kick down the door at King's Landing any day now, and meanwhile Jon is just whimpering and getting bossed around at the wall.

ZeroRay

I honestly did not imagine the shadow baby to be a smoky wraith.

I always imagined it to be an actual 2D shadow coming out of her vajayjay that crawled along the floors/walls/people until it reached its target.

Still an arousing scene though.

You know, at this point in the story, Jon is kind of a little bitch compared to Robb, huh? The show is making it seem that way, anyway. I don't really recall having that impression early on in Clash of Kings... I just felt like they were roughly equals subjected to wildly differing circumstances. But on the show, it feels like Robb is about to kick down the door at King's Landing any day now, and meanwhile Jon is just whimpering and getting bossed around at the wall.

Well, we never did get a Robb POV. People change as they get more power and responsibility dumped on them as evidenced by ASOS
Jon becoming Lord Commander

I honestly did not imagine the shadow baby to be a smoky wraith.

I always imagined it to be an actual 2D shadow coming out of her vajayjay that crawled along the floors/walls/people until it reached its target.

Still an arousing scene though.

It was a bit too solid for my liking too. I was imagining a mix between the Conan the Barbarian ghosts/demons (drawn) and some liquid blackness that quickly disappears in the night.

OddSpoon

Banned

You know, I wish Jon/Knights Watch were more interesting. The characters around Jon just aren't.

Consider for a moment that he has essentially been pissed on by everyone he knows. He is a squire when he wants to be a warrior. He is a whiny little bitch because... well.. he doesn't want the position he is currently in. He has been pissed on at winterfell for being a bastard, and he is being pissed on in the Nights Watch for being to curious (and of course for being appointed as a Steward because of Thorne's animosity towards him) (ACOK)
It really isn't until he goes off with the Halfhand that he comes into his own
The only good thing to come from any of what Jon is going through is what Sam tells him about Mormont grooming him into his own personal squire, but unfortunately he hasn't seen much in the way of this outside of receiving Longclaw. So in my opinion, his current personality is warranted.

I thought I remember reading (maybe at Westeros.org?) that when they were filming some of those scenes they had a wind storm come through and damage some of Renly's camp set. So maybe they just canned that scene after that happened.

But some sort of transition would have helped. The show in general could do a better job of establishing where armies are and where they're going geographically.

JGS

Banned
He keeps trying to rise to the occasion, but that Wall oath gets. He is going to be a cool boss when his mentor dies (Assuming he dies- non-book reader here). They all have a bit of Ned in them which goes a long way in how they handle things. plus he's been totally fearless except when required to be humble.

Thought it was funny how they tried to make that super-hot girl unhot by putting dirt on her face. ( the one who had to cut the guys foot off). Come on, you cant hide that.

People fucking up again with spoilers in the non-book thread. ACOK
It's pissing me off, lots of people don't actually know what the shadow is all about, and there are people straight up calling it "shadow assassin" in the non-book thread

Cornballer or a mod, can you do something about it?

Pollux

People fucking up again with spoilers in the non-book thread. ACOK
It's pissing me off, lots of people don't actually know what the shadow is all about, and there are people straight up calling it "shadow assassin" in the non-book thread

MOD IN THE NORTH!!!!

The problem is that it's difficult to say if that's a lucky guess, a book reader being sloppy, or someone deliberately trying to spoil things while pretending that they haven't read the books. I think that one is out in the wild now (honestly, the less said about it, the better at this point), but I'll try and see if there's a something that can be done long term.

In the meantime, I can't stress enough that book readers need to stop posting over there. I understand the temptation, but any posts over there by book readers enable other people to go by later and use the "well, everyone else is posting here already" excuse. It's great to see some lively conversation over there now from non-book readers, but I hate seeing them continually bothered and spoiled by people from this thread.

Please stop posting in that thread if you've read the books. If you want to comment on how entertained you are by their speculation, do it in this thread.

I can't even visit the other thread, it bothers me. I know some people find it entertaining to see people's speculation who know nothing, but to me it just bugs me seeing how wrong people's guesses are and stuff, and the fact that I can't say anything makes it more annoying. So I just don't ever click on that topic.

LuchaShaq

Banned

My favorite part about got compared to lotr stuff is no nonsense dwarves elves or casting fireballs etc.

Its hardly just conjuring up a fireball though. The shadow baby requires a lot more than Melisandre just willing one up.

I don't think anybody has made that connection, weirdly. (conjecture? i don't know if this is ever confirmed, but seems obvious to me):
Like they haven't realized that she needed Stannis to nail her first.

Yes.
dont forget Doreah

(acok)
I thought Doreah was the hand maiden that ends up dying in the red waste... or was it Irri?

Granted, none have been shown to die yet... so maybe its completely rewritten for the show.
she is attractive so I am in favor of more Doreah anyways!

KingK

The problem is that it's difficult to say if that's a lucky guess, a book reader being sloppy, or someone deliberately trying to spoil things while pretending that they haven't read the books. I think that one is out in the wild now (honestly, the less said about it, the better at this point), but I'll try and see if there's a something that can be done long term.

In the meantime, I can't stress enough that book readers need to stop posting over there. I understand the temptation, but any posts over there by book readers enable other people to go by later and use the "well, everyone else is posting here already" excuse. It's great to see some lively conversation over there now from non-book readers, but I hate seeing them continually bothered and spoiled by people from this thread.

Please stop posting in that thread if you've read the books. If you want to comment on how entertained you are by their speculation, do it in this thread.

Is there a rule where if you're speculating about future events, you have to label it as such? Something like: (Non-book reader speculation) Can't wait for Syrio, headless Ned, and Melisandre's shadow to mount Dany's dragons and burn Joffrey.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I don't think anybody has made that connection, weirdly. (conjecture? i don't know if this is ever confirmed, but seems obvious to me):
Like they haven't realized that she needed Stannis to nail her first.

I'm fine with it now but when I was reading it almost made me bail since the thread title here then was melisandre casts magic missiles and that made me think it was going Harry potter/ dnd/ lotr style magic that I haaaaaaattttte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom