• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

Foot sawing was just movie gore, the whore torture scene was extremely uncomfortable psychologically and morally speaking. Drawn out, graphic sexual abuse of women as entertainment has perhaps been done a little too frequently in tv and film when the story quite easily could've been told without it. I'm not sure about this case but it's worth a debate

(Oh ok I see the article focuses on the rat stuff, mainly. That was nothing)

Foot sawing was just movie gore, the whore torture scene was extremely uncomfortable psychologically and morally speaking. Drawn out, graphic sexual abuse of women as entertainment has perhaps been done a little too frequently in tv and film when the story quite easily could've been told without it. I'm not sure about this case but it's worth a debate

(Oh ok I see the article focuses on the rat stuff, mainly. That was nothing)

It was also quite a long scene. I had no problem with it, but at the same time I do question the point of it. We already know Joffery is a sadistic pos, and that he hates Tyrion. The audience already hates him, even moreso after that Sansa scene...so what was the point in another scene to reinforce what the audience already knows/feels?

I have a feeling I know where they're going with Ros (replacing a book character with her) but I just feel like the writers need to be sat down and told "sorry bros, this is not working...at all"

ultron87

The rat bucket didn't really bother me and it didn't even show anything. Though I guess being aware of that as a method of medieval torture made me more prepared for it.

The Joffrey scene was pretty unnecessary since it didn't really show us anything new about the character and we didn't even see Tyrion reacting to what happened later on.

suzu

I only felt slightly uncomfortable during Joffrey's scene and the rat torture scene. I don't really understand how people can just drop the show though after being so invested in it. It didn't seem that brutal. D:

I think Joffrey showing Sansa Ned's head is the most terrible thing we've seen in the show so far.

Non-book readers: FYI - the Sansa throne room scene in S02E04 was pretty tame compared to the book version.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The rat bucket didn't really bother me and it didn't even show anything. Though I guess being aware of that as a method of medieval torture made me more prepared for it.

The Joffrey scene was pretty unnecessary since it didn't really show us anything new about the character and we didn't even see Tyrion reacting to what happened later on.

If that scene didn't exist we would have had almost 55 minutes without any naked boobs.

Trasher

gyFc8l.jpg

So is that supposed to be Pyat Pree?

Which character? I'm drawing a blank.

Alayaya.

ACOK spoilers:
We've already seen part of the scene where Tyrion threatens Cersei in the Seven Devils trailer. I'm guessing Cersei will have Ros whipped/beaten after assuming she is Tyrion's mistress.

It explains the writer's insistence on her appearing in so many episodes thus far: they want viewers to feel for her when she gets beaten. Meh. I just hope that serves as her final scene, but I seriously doubt it. Alayaya doesn't die in ACOK and appears in the next book actually

Solo

If that scene didn't exist we would have had almost 55 minutes without any naked boobs.

I have a compromise for getting rid of sexposition. Get rid of it altogether, but then Dany should be topless at all times, regardless of the scene or context. I'm talking 0 shirt budget for Emilia.

Win.

Alayaya.

ACOK spoilers:
We've already seen part of the scene where Tyrion threatens Cersei in the Seven Devils trailer. I'm guessing Cersei will have Ros whipped/beaten after assuming she is Tyrion's mistress.

It explains the writer's insistence on her appearing in so many episodes thus far: they want viewers to feel for her when she gets beaten. Meh. I just hope that serves as her final scene, but I seriously doubt it. Alayaya doesn't die in ACOK and appears in the next book actually

Yes. (ASOS)
pretty sure Bronn has a three way with her and her mother hahaha

Raist

Banned
It was also quite a long scene. I had no problem with it, but at the same time I do question the point of it. We already know Joffery is a sadistic pos, and that he hates Tyrion. The audience already hates him, even moreso after that Sansa scene...so what was the point in another scene to reinforce what the audience already knows/feels?

Boobs. I'm also wondering why it's mentioned that Tyrion sent them. I doubt he'd do that.

Boobs. I'm also wondering why it's mentioned that Tyrion sent them. I doubt he'd do that.

He considers doing it in the book remember, although I don't know if he decided to actually do it or not.

But I do believe it would make more sense for him to send them anonymously

ultron87

It seemed weird that Tyrion had apparently just gotten a dead whore delivered to his doorstep but he was feeling fine to jovially threaten Lancel.

Raist

Banned
He considers doing it in the book remember, although I don't know if he decided to actually do it or not.

But I do believe it would make more sense for him to send them anonymously

Did he? Have no recollection of it and thought it was an event completely made up for the show. Oh well.

It seemed weird that Tyrion had apparently just gotten a dead whore delivered to his doorstep but he was feeling fine to jovially threaten Lancel.

Annnnd that's another reason why the scene felt unnecessary. I suppose Joffery could have been torturing them for hours, and thus they didn't leave his bed chamber in time to make it to Tyrion's before Lancel...but that sounds unlikely.

Kettch

I have a feeling I know where they're going with Ros (replacing a book character with her) but I just feel like the writers need to be sat down and told "sorry bros, this is not working...at all"

This is the first time Joffrey has done anything against Tyrion. Before this he had just been slapped around constantly.

Better version of that pic here.

Pyat Pree is one creepy-ass mofo. Also, if that shot of Dany isn't Plywood's new avatar, than he's doing it wrong.

Ah - good stuff. I saw that photo posted yesterday on Twitter but I just pulled one from a Google search. Agree on PP, he looks eerie as hell. Can't wait to hear his voice.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Non-book readers: FYI - the Sansa throne room scene in S02E04 was pretty tame compared to the book version.
And I bet that's the only reason the whore beatdown scene was in the episode. They didn't want to go that far with a then 15 y/o Sophie Turner.

andycapps

And I bet that's the only reason the whore beatdown scene was in the episode. They didn't want to go that far with a then 15 y/o Sophie Turner.

As soon as I saw Joffrey's character pick up the spike looking thing I thought he was going to ask the other whore to use it in another manner on the one being tortured. So I was kind of relieved when that didn't happen.

The shadow wasn't quite what I expected, though it works. Dany not showing the dragons didn't immediately suggest not having it in the budget, for me.. I assumed it was more about being proud and not wanting to cave to what these people wanted.

Vodh

About the ending of the episode: (ACOK)
I don't think it gives away that Renly's gonna die to the people who didn't read the books. It's just obvious to us because we know that's what's gonna happen. People who haven't read the books know just that Stannis wants Renly to bend his knee the next morning and that Melissandre is up to something creepy, they have no idea that she's going to do something to Renly, especially since Stannis kind of seems to have some hope left for his brother. Someone in the other thread just suggested that the shadow baby is gonna crawl into Margaery's belly and subsequently kill her :D It's actually a pretty imaginative idea.

One thing that didn't make sense about the ending tho: (ACOK)
I get that they wanted to merge the shadow babies because Renly just being ganked out of the blue would be confusing as hell and maybe they just want to cut the other dude killed by a shadow baby out of the plot altogether, but...

Hey, look, it's Renly camping out in the open with his army, surely the best way to deliver a shadow baby is some creepy ass cave, that someone closed with metal bars for no apparent reason!

I mean, why would anyone care if the rest of the cave was accessible or not if the cave is pretty much the only non-tent thing within the nearest 20 miles?

Ros entering the city to negotiate with Dany

LOL

About the ending of the episode: (ACOK)
I don't think it gives away that Renly's gonna die to the people who didn't read the books. It's just obvious to us because we know that's what's gonna happen. People who haven't read the books know just that Stannis wants Renly to bend his knee the next morning and that Melissandre is up to something creepy, they have no idea that she's going to do something to Renly, especially since Stannis kind of seems to have some hope left for his brother. Someone in the other thread just suggested that the shadow baby is gonna crawl into Margaery's belly and subsequently kill her :D It's actually a pretty imaginative idea.

I watch with several non-book readers ACOK
and I don't think anyone made the connection of what the shadow is going to do. I like that they showed the birthing though, because once the shadow attacks people will know that it was Stannis/Melisandre that were responsible, and they will know what it actually is (sort of). I think if they didn't show the birth, it would have been so confusing for the viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom