• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
This could've been a good ep but those Robb scenes really dragged the whole thing down. I don't understand why are they developing this woman, or why are they using up so much time doing so. The book had such a succinct, simple and effective explanation for him breaking his oath to the Freys. We don't need this crap.

Looking at the preview, it's sad to see how poorly a job this season has done in building up to the Blackwater battle. BTW, was it supposed to take place at night?

aceface

Yeah was not impressed at all by thatep. The change with Catelyn...

Holy shit next week looks awesome...

Anyhow the change with Catelyn sending Jaime away andRobb fucking Jeyne before they heard of the kids being dead is the worst sofar this series. I loved last week but this week was just meh.

Dany

Banned
I think Cat would have killed jamie if she knew about bran/ricken. THe way the actress plays her, she would cut jamies balls off.

Mordeccai

Few things to say here

One, what the fuck is up with Jeyne? Are they ever going to reveal that Jeyne is her real name? AFAIK she has been cast as "Jeyne" so this is all just leaving me confused.

Two, this was an especially sad episode from the perspective of a book reader :[ The scene between Tyrion and Shae had me feeling a little big sad (series)
because I kept seeing Golden Hands around Shae's neck. Some good acting on Dinklage's part there.

Also, seeing Rob with Jeyne (MASSIVE Storm of Swords)
I was literally yelling NOOOOOO at my television and DON'T DO IT because Robb's cock just ended his life.

A little flat this week with a lot of set up for the end game, but there were a couple standout scenes that I liked. I'm not sure who got screeners this week, but it sounds like a lot of the usual reviewers didn't get them won't post their thoughts until later tonight or tomorrow.

Few things to say here

One, what the fuck is up with Jeyne? Are they ever going to reveal that Jeyne is her real name? AFAIK she has been cast as "Jeyne" so this is all just leaving me confused.

I don't think she is "Jeyne," it wouldn't make any sense for her to be. They probably renamed the character after casting.

Mordeccai

I don't think she is "Jeyne," it wouldn't make any sense for her to be. They probably renamed the character after casting.

Honestly this has to be it because its a completely different character. Not that that irritates me, because Westerling doesn't do much of anything in the books.

Also, :lol Ros

Ninjimbo

It was a chill episode this week. Nothing too big happened but a lot of the scenes were good. They're building up for the finale.

I'm only disappointed that Dany only got one scene. I want to the House of the Undying already. That was one of the best chapters on the books.

Also, lol at Ros. Someone on here called it.

aceface

Also still no mention of COK
the chain
. They have been dumbing down Tyrion all season. Do they want to keep him a sympathetic character? Worried that if they show some of his underhanded stuff people won't like him? I dont know I can't figure it out.

jett

D-Member
I don't think there is enough time. Next week
is the battle, then the final episode has to cover Theon's fall, Bran's escape, the House of the Undying, Jon's turn, the aftermath of the battle etc.

ACOK
Bolton's bastard hasn't been cast, so Winterfell will get no resolution this season. I bet my ASS the season will end with The House of the Undying. Will end with Dany just like S1.

Also still no mention of COK
the chain
. They have been dumbing down Tyrion all season. Do they want to keep him a sympathetic character? Worried that if they show some of his underhanded stuff people won't like him? I dont know I can't figure it out.

Budget.
Using the chain would cost money, and it's a bit redundant when the wildfire stuff serves the same purpose.

ACOK
Bolton's bastard hasn't been cast, so Winterfell will get no resolution this season. I bet my ASS the season will end with The House of the Undying. Will end with Dany just like S1.
I'm predicting we get the man in a helmet scenario. Bolton shows up, but his face is not shown and he doesn't speak.

Just read the books and don't look for confirmation. And for the love of god, get off of AWOIAF if you haven't finished the books or are just watching the show! :)

Well im not reading the books. And i am just watching the show.

But i wanted to know who jeyne was. :( O---O

Oh, well. I can still enjoy the show.........i think.

sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom