• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

Saw the first GOT graphic novel collection at my local bookstore.

Anyone who wants to "see" the story adapted closer to the books should definitely read that. It's almost scene-for-scene copied from the book.

And tons and tons of nudity. ;)

Tess3ract

Banned
I'm GoT newb and sorry if this is asked before, but did lord Tyrion die in the battle in last episode? He's too awesome to die.

Tyrion isn't a lord, he holds no lands or titles. He's just highborn.

Sorry that I don't think a girl who would be in the bottom 10% of any college class I've taken looks wise is pretty. If she was some big name or an amazing actress, or at least looked like she could fight I could ignore it.

Her and Brienne i would date over those 10/10 shallow whores who bitch about never getting nice guys but date jocks who treat them like trash.

Amir0x

Banned
I'm sure this has been posted, but it deserves a re-post. Jerome Flynn/Bronn is straight money.

i knew he was a singer, but that dance... does every Game of thrones actor have an embarrassing dance in their past or something?

So far we have Maise's dance (its been gif'd somewhere), we have Lord Tywin's dance (lololol) and now we have Bronn's little shuffle step thing. If someone will gif that too, we can start systematically ruining every character in the series for everyone :D

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Saw the first GOT graphic novel collection at my local bookstore.

Anyone who wants to "see" the story adapted closer to the books should definitely read that. It's almost scene-for-scene copied from the book.

And tons and tons of nudity. ;)

The art is really really ugly though. :/

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Can't we just have more Charles Dance Dancing and less of the other two. It even fits in with the show.

"The battle is won"
*Dance*

Snake

If someone will gif that too, we can start systematically ruining every character in the series for everyone :D

Honestly these videos make me love their characters all the more. Especially Lily Allen's "Alfie."

And, damn, I knew about Bronn's secret life of song and dance, but I didn't realize until that Up On The Roof video that Robson of Robson & Jerome was this guy: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0338292/ He was pretty badass in Being Human and Touching Evil.

They should totally cast him in Game of Thrones. *Series spoilers*
He could be an awesome Tom of Sevenstreams!

Yes, the festering wound that is Fancasting has been re-opened.

frequency

It sounds ridiculous, I stopped after hearing him do the dany-drogo scene.
'Noohh'
'Is that all you can say?'
'Nohh'

EDIT: omg here it is.
http://youtu.be/UFakIeFCq8w?t=4m1s

So awkward...
Especially because it's an older gentleman reading. This is the guy who plays the pyromancer in the show right? That makes it even more unnerving.

Yeah and you guys are raising really good points.

I guess the reason I like the title of "Game of Thrones" is because it doesn't sound like fantasy. I consider this series to be on such a other tier when it comes to the genre that just labeling it "fantasy" in my mind doesn't do it justice. I enjoy fantasy titles of course. I have read 4 books out of the Wheel of Time series, Name of the Wind, Mistborn, ect. I really enjoy all they have to offer but its the political intrigue and strategy that is the most compelling thing about these books to me. How each character will act and counterattack to situations. It very much embodies the idea of chess and because of that even though you have the Ice and Fire always looming I feel like the spirit of the books is better tied to a name like "Game of Thrones" than SOI&F.

Of course just my opinion.

Also I picked up the first book just based on the name "Game of Thrones". I didn't even realize it was from the SOI&F series. I wasn't looking for another Wheel of Time esque journey(Which is what SOI&F sounded like) so the name absolutely sold me on it.

I can understand that. I don't think the show would be as popular as it is now if it was called A Song of Ice and Fire. Game of Thrones works for non-fantasy fans. Of course, the trick to it being (series spoiler)
the series ends up with all sorts of magic and dragons and zombies and other fantasy creatures
But "Game of Thrones" does give it a more mature aura to it. Fantasy is usually treated as something for a younger audience I think.

ezrarh

It does inspire awesome images for the imagination. I can see why the new title might've been preferred, but that title would've been cathartic.

Fuck A Dream of Spring. If the book ever comes out, I'm going to take out a fat sharpie and cross it out and write "A Time for Wolves"

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Does anyone else really enjoy show Stannis? Something about the way he carries himself. Such a no fucks given/give me what I'm due attitude.

Speevy

Banned
He's pretty much a classic character who would have everything he ever wanted if he would just make a friend, and think through his decisions.

Does anyone else really enjoy show Stannis? Something about the way he carries himself. Such a no fucks given/give me what I'm due attitude.
If all these people who want to be on the throne stood in a line for me to choose to go for, I'd vote for him. He carries himself like a strong person.

FStop7

Banned
And now HBO presents: Hodor.

If all these people who want to be on the throne stood in a line for me to choose to go for, I'd vote for him. He carries himself like a strong person.

Varys' speech about what an evil man Stannis is was not very convincing. He was much more convincing as a dickwad in ACoK.

Lothar

Banned
I didn't like Stannis in the books. But the last episode changed my perception of him entirely. (To people who haven't read the books: In Clash of Kings, you didn't get to see what Stannis was doing in the war because that part of the story was told through two viewpoints: Tyrion and Davos. Neither was close to Stannis.) If he's actually capable of backing his shit up, I've had the wrong opinion of him. I was rooting for him in the episode. If he had won and sentenced to death all of the head Lannister people (even Tyrion) and the series just ended like that, I would have considered that to be mostly a good ending.

Slycoopr

Stannis has always been one of my favorite characters. He's so sad, but so frightening, and it's entertaining to see just how far he will go for what is his by right.

TV Stannis is not only cool as hell, tv Davos is awesome too. It would take something huge to make people dislike them. Even with Melisandre doing weird shit.

KingGondo

Banned
That was one of my favorite parts of the episode--the fact that GRRM was able to free himself from the constraints of the POVs and give a more complete picture of the battle. And since GRRM himself wrote it, hopefully the unreasonably hardcore fans will STFU about it not following the book exactly. :p

If all of his episodes are going to be this good, I don't care if writing it delays the release of TWoW.

apana

This was an episode about a big battle, the major credit goes to the director who actually had to orchestrate all this. GRRM is a good television writer but he is not the best one on the show. I prefer David and Dan but the problem is they are straying from the books. I'm a broken record at this point.

Iksenpets

Banned
He won me in Blackwater. BAMF status.

Part of me still will always hate Stannis for murdering his brother though.

Major ASOS and minor ADwD spoilers
I always liked how Stannis' moral code of good acts not undoing bad ones, and bad ones not undoing the good that he imparts to Davos is so echoed in his own acts. The destruction he caused murdering Renly versus the good he does in saving the Wall against the Wildlings and fighting to free the North from the ironmen and the Boltons.

pulga

Banned
Stannis is boss on the show. The letter scene and the siege situation he described to Davos were amazing. Him leading the van cemented him as best Baratheon ever.

Big-E

Ya, need more Stannis. The very first scene where he is like make sure to call him Kingslayer, it is what he is and then but call him Ser also as he is still a knight. You are right, he just doesn't give a fuck. He is like that in the books too but I guess it comes off as stronger when an actor plays him just straight deadpan. Series Spoiler
I really hope he doesn't die.

zMlsC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom