• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like she has never done TV work before plus she does stuff like Young Adult or her stint on Arrested Development which probably isn't a big payday but is artistically satisfying.

The fans can't take it as she's an amazing actress who they won't be able to complain about week to week. Heads will implode.

gutshot

lol I'm sure she'd be open to it...until she realizes it isn't like a movie payday.

Yeah, casually mentioning in an interview that you are a fan of the show and wouldn't mind taking a role on there and actually signing a contract for it are two different things. I'm sure once they actually started talking figures, she would quickly change her tune.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Arrested+Development.jpg

It didn't save Arrested Development

Waifu candidate #3.

Unf.

frequency

I don't think discussing which looks are better for an actor on a tv show really counts as objectifying. I sort of see what you are saying about Jon's facial hair, the problem is it doesn't have that intended effect of making him seem wild or masculine for me. He has a bit of a hipster look with his facial hair and it works great when he is wearing modern clothes but it seems akward when he is in his Night's Watch outfit. Besides I always imagined Jon in my head as "pure" if that makes any sense, a clean look works better for me but so be it. I'm not mad about Jon's look, just his changed storyline. :(

Really?
Hmmm... I don't really understand what a hipster is. So I guess I just can't see it.

I always imagined Jon as "north" as north can be. And facial hair just kind of... goes with it. I have no idea why, but I associate no facial hair with warmer climates.

His changed story is a little bothersome to me too. But I think they'll fix it. I think they just did that so they could give more time for Ygritte to develop as a character [minor spoiler - forget book... again]
so that later events are more impactful. I don't think Qhorin is "as important" in that sense.

cSedS.jpg

They look so young here, all of them. This was only a short while before s2 was filmed I believe. I think they could have made them all look younger if they wanted

frequency

I like this one:
Jon Snow (Kit Harington) I think Samwell should have a spin-off. He's such a wonderful character, and John Bradley plays him so well. John and I have always talked about doing a spin-off with Jon Snow and Samwell like a buddy comedy.

I also like Bran's answer about Hodor. I would totally watch a Hodor-hosted travel show.
Bran Stark (Isaac Hempstead-Wright) My spin-off series would feature Hodor and quite a lot of landscape shots, since he won't be saying much.
I don't like the "won't be saying much" part though.

fallout

Man the gore in this last episode really made me wince a few times.
I found most of it to be pretty comedic.

The best "gore" sequence they've done was Theon's beheading of Ser Rodrik. The blood-spatter mixed in with the sound of him breaking off the head was far more effective than anything else they could have done. Watching a crowd rip off someone's arm or the Hound slice someone in two just makes me think of the Benny Hill music.

LuchaShaq

Banned

The trailers for that movie would have gotten me/the gf to go if it wasn't for the joke of ugly/bad acting twilight girl.

Might as well cast sandor as a great beautiful woman if you're going to be that ridiculous.

Such a shame because outside of her the trailer made it look fucking awesome.

tmdorsey

Charlize could be Val. Don't really see her as
Taena

Went to that jon/dany tumbler site. Jeez Emilia is so sexy as her natural self.

Iksenpets

Banned
Charlize could be Val. Don't really see her as
Taena

Went to that jon/dany tumbler site. Jeez Emilia is so sexy as her natural self.

(series)
She's not a perfect fit for either. I always imagined Val as younger, closer to Jon's age, to make her more appealing to Jon as a potential wife when Stannis offers, and I always imagined Taena as darker to stress her foreignness and more exotic beauty. I think it would be easier for the producers to change Taena's appearance than Val's age though.

Maybe they could rewrite
Genna Lannister
to be non-fat and way hotter. Then she could just show up for one episode to deliver a speech about how
Tyrion really is Tywin's son.

Edit:
Hm, I guess Taena was blonde. Can you tell I didn't pay much attention during character descriptions? Guess Taena is a pretty solid fit then.

- Via WiC.net, EmpireOnline: Neil Marshall Game Of Thrones Podcast
Neil Marshall has, in his time, directed the likes of Centurion, Dog Soldiers and The Descent. Now, he's also directed an episode of HBO's Game Of Thrones, namely Blackwater - the ninth installment of the second season.

In this special spoilery Empire podcast, you'll get to hear us nattering away with the man himself about how he got the job on the critically-acclaimed show, the best way of making green flame and a few bits and bobs about what he's got coming up next.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
But she is 16.

I'm aware of that. But she doesn't look like a "kid" even if 16 year old kids are fully grown. She towers over everyone and those dresses make her appear even taller, but I would imagine the impression they would be going for is that she is shorter.

I said it a while back but it is kind of distracting how mammothly tall and freakishly giant she is. Like I said, when Cersei calls her over for a drink I thought her head was gonna hit the ceiling.

She's HUGE.

Levi

Banned
This should be in the OP and on every page:

Yes, of course you should read the books.

No, of course you shouldn't skip the books that have already been televised. The show is not in any way representative of the books, and you'd be missing out on a ton of information and characterization.

No you shouldn't just read plot summaries on some website and think that's adequate. See above.

If you get spoiled, I feel bad for you son, but Storm of Swords came out 12 years ago. I think the statute of limitations is long since past. Even if you only found out about ASOIAF because of the show, it's been over a year since the show debuted. You've had an adequate chance to get caught up by now. Get crackin' on them books!

Massa

I'm aware of that. But she doesn't look like a "kid" even if 16 year old kids are fully grown. She towers over everyone and those dresses make her appear even taller, but I would imagine the impression they would be going for is that she is shorter.

She looks like a kid to me.

Also worth noting is that her acting has been fantastic this season.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If you get spoiled, I feel bad for you son, but Storm of Swords came out 12 years ago. I think the statute of limitations is long since past. Even if you only found out about ASOIAF because of the show, it's been over a year since the show debuted. You've had an adequate chance to get caught up by now. Get crackin' on them books!

Note to NeoGAF: Don't spoil Storm of Swords just because you think everyone else should have read the book.

bengraven

Charlize would have been absolutely perfect as Cersei. Physically and emotionally able to play her the way the book played her. Even if they put drapes on her.

Lena sold me this year, but I still think Charlize would have been perfect.

tmdorsey

She looks like a kid to me.

Also worth noting is that her acting has been fantastic this season.

Yep and she really is 16 so I don't see the problem and I think the complaining about her height is exaggerated and annoying. The fact that she's tall doesn't make look any less young, IMO.

Also there's an article with the actor that plays Sam talking about the finale. From the comments in that article it looks like we may very well see
The attack by the Others and see Sam kill the one white walker with the dragon glass

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
This should be in the OP and on every page:

Yes, of course you should read the books.

No, of course you shouldn't skip the books that have already been televised. The show is not in any way representative of the books, and you'd be missing out on a ton of information and characterization.

No you shouldn't just read plot summaries on some website and think that's adequate. See above.

This post is not right!

bengraven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom