• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate all of the responses about the quitting aspect of the show. I'm always intrigued by the concept because I have definitely given up on shows that I don't feel are growing either through stories or characters and I often feel like watching some shows turns into more of a chore or sense of completionist mentality that accompanies some of the traits of playing a mediocre game just because. It seems like it would be harder to give up in something with an passionate connection to source material to drive that viewing need. I know fans if The Walking Dead are in the same boat, often upset over the TV shows missteps, but I like the show even though it's ridiculous at times and just brush off the stupidity that the writers include to drive pointless plots and characters.

STAND AND POST! STAND AND POST!
It doesn't matter how many gifs you post. You're all thieves. Bend the knee or I'll destroy you.
KVjhH.gif

The other solution here is to post tumblr gifs until Plywood is forced to post them all.

Herla

Interesting stuff. SERIES SPOILER
Dany may meet a character not seen since Season 1 inside the House of the Undying. Will it be Drogo... Robert? Ned?! *EXCITEMENT*

It's gonna be [SOS]
*******Barristan.
[EP10]
I think the actor confirmed it.

Because: you all posted tumblr gifs. I will post .gifs that are mine with bandwidth and blood!

lots of gifs...[/IMG]

Nice work.
Also, does anyone think Bronn vs Jorah would be close fight? Is Jorah as good at CQC as Bronn? I really like both these characters and was curious. Jorah would put up a fight but I dont think he could beat Bronn.

tumblr_m1pyp3qPVl1r95o4q.gif

Forkball

Mysteries I want solved in the season finale:

Who is the mother of dragons?
Who is the richest man in Qarth? And was he always rich?

Pkaz01

Bronn would eviscerate Jorah. I was much more interested to find out who wins out of Bronn vs Hound.

I think the hound wins this one. Bronn is no slouch but Sandor is one of the best.

I was laughing when they were taunting eachother in the show because all I could think was damn the hound would destroy him.

Nice work.
Also, does anyone think Bronn vs Jorah would be close fight? Is Jorah as good at CQC as Bronn? I really like both these characters and was curious. Jorah would put up a fight but I dont think he could beat Bronn.

tumblr_m1pyp3qPVl1r95o4q.gif

jorah was garbage in that fight. the only reason he won was because of his armor. he doesn't stand a chance against bronn.

he might be able to beat joffrey tho.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I think the hound wins this one. Bronn is no slouch but Sandor is one of the best.

I was laughing when they were taunting eachother in the show because all I could think was damn the hound would destroy him.

Na bro, hound is slow as hell and relies on brute strength. So did that Eyrie dude... Bronn would just get him tired and hit him with quick cheap shots.

Vice

Na bro, hound is slow as hell and relies on brute strength. So did that Eyrie dude... Bronn would just get him tired and hit him with quick cheap shots.

The Hound is a freak of nature though. He's big, strong and fast. He would chop Bronn into two pieces, he's as pragmatic as Bronn when it comes to fighting.

Pkaz01

that dude expected a fair fight, the hound doesnt give a shit hed break bronn in half if he had to

Draft

The Hound would definitely beat Bronn.

Bronn is great but he's a rogue and wins with sneak attacks and dirty tricks. The one guy he beats straight up is a clown that thought he was hot shit. The Hound is just as dirty as Bronn but probably fights way more because he's not in it to get paid, he's in it to fucking kill people.

Larry Williams was on the Podcast Of Ice and Fire this week and said he's not really looking forward to S3, and that so far the season hasn't met his expectations. I kind of wonder if viewers will start tuning out as the show piles more and more (underdeveloped) new characters on top of the existing ones. Sort of like how Lost got so large/complicated many people just began tuning out in later seasons.

I'd probably be a lot less interested in the show at this point if I hadn't read the books. This season has been pretty lackluster. It started out well, but hasn't gone on to much.The Blackwater turned out great, but probably came at the expense of a lot of other stuff (a damned if you do damned if you don't deal for them). Part of the problem is the source material which is weaker than agot, the other part is their generally poor adaptation of the material. Having read the books I at least know that ASOS is next and their devoting ~20 hours to it so it should be incredibly hard to fuck it up. Hopefully what's coming will make up for this relatively weak season and maybe fix some of the mistakes they've made.

Edit: As much as I like Bronn, the Hound would murder him.

The first half of ASOS is mostly setup, so I'm a little worried how season 3 will work. I think they are going to have to change the chronology of some things to make it more eventful, especially since it would be odd for season 4 to be a string of climaxes and impactful scenes.

Dysun

The first half of ASOS is mostly setup, so I'm a little worried how season 3 will work. I think they are going to have to change the chronology of some things to make it more eventful, especially since it would be odd for season 4 to be a string of climaxes and impactful scenes.

ASoS
I think Season 3 will be fine if it ends with the Red Wedding, they could also move up the first attack on the wall by Ygritte and the other wildlings who went over the wall and save the big Wall battle and Joffrey's wedding for Season 4.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
ASoS
I think Season 3 will be fine if it ends with the Red Wedding, they could also move up the first attack on the wall by Ygritte and the other wildlings who went over the wall and save the big Wall battle and Joffrey's wedding for Season 4.
Plus [ASoS]
S3 can show Dany taking over at least one of the slave cities. We don't know if they'll show her doing it 3 times over the 2 seasons or condense it down but I think we'll at least get 2 cities.

Ha, just caught up with the Neil Marshall interview. Can't believe the SNL sketch was so spot on. Not just the fact that a producer's pushing the nudity hard, but the juvenille way Marshall intimates he's going about it. So absurd it's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom