• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Any pics or vids of Brienne?
VVlCy.jpg

_Isaac

I don't know where in the story that image takes place, but (ACoK)
I thought she was supposed to be blue. I was really curious how they were going to present the Rainbow Guard especially their rainbow cloaks.

Pollux

I thought she was supposed to be blue. I was really curious how they were going to present the Rainbow Guard especially their rainbow cloaks.

she might not be in the rainbow guard yet...

Piecake

acok
oh, Ill bet good money that that is the cape of the rainbow guard (wouldnt surprise me if they changed the name of that). I just think it would have looked really stupid on TV if they actually made a cape look like a rainbow. Thats why they went for a cape that was obviously rich, luxuriant, but classy.

_Isaac

(ACoK)
Well she already had her signature blue armor before she was in the Rainbow Guard. Renly only put the Rainbow Cloak on her. I'm not finnicky about this stuff. I was just curious how the heck they were going to make Rainbow Guards look cool.

oh, Ill bet good money that that is the cape of the rainbow guard (wouldnt surprise me if they changed the name of that). I just think it would have looked really stupid on TV if they actually made a cape look like a rainbow. Thats why they went for a cape that was obviously rich, luxuriant, but classy.

(ACoK)
Yeah. I have a feeling they decided to avoid the rainbow stuff. They might keep the name, but visually it would've looked weird.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm pretty damned excited right now. It really looks as though this season will far surpass season 1, and popularity is building. My hopes are high that this makes it to season 7.

Really excited. Ordered the DVD boxset of season 1, it comes out april 18th here. Going to watch it with my parents and introduce some other family members to it. One scene is going to be really awkward to watch...

Still have to read the 4th and 5th book, I think I'm going to re-read everything but I'm thinking about skipping Game of Thrones because I've already read the book once and seen the first season.

traveler

Not Wario
I'm pretty damned excited right now. It really looks as though this season will far surpass season 1, and popularity is building. My hopes are high that this makes it to season 7.

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that the book series will actually have more than 5 entries.
:(

apana

Really excited. Ordered the DVD boxset of season 1, it comes out april 18th here. Going to watch it with my parents and introduce some other family members to it. One scene is going to be really awkward to watch...

Still have to read the 4th and 5th book, I think I'm going to re-read everything but I'm thinking about skipping Game of Thrones because I've already read the book once and seen the first season.

I think the only scene I skipped while watching with my family was the one with Renly and Loras. I will probably also skip the littlefinger scene.

While that's not a big spoiler, let's remember to properly label them please. And book discussion beyond ACOK goes in the book thread

Bigfoot

I think the only scene I skipped while watching with my family was the one with Renly and Loras. I will probably also skip the littlefinger scene.

It's funny reading all the complaints about the sex scenes in this thread. My wife had more to say about the horse and wolf deaths than anything sex related.

You can't be skipping stuff! Man up and watch whores finger each other under instruction with your family.

I still haven't bought s1 in part due to that scene, and the thought of my parents seeing it lol. I should man up, they loooove Spartacus which has lots of nudity. But I've praised the books so much I bet my mom would be like "must be a bunch of sex and violence trollololol" and I'd be like "okay" :(

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I still haven't bought s1 in part due to that scene, and the thought of my parents seeing it lol. I should man up, they loooove Spartacus which has lots of nudity. But I've praised the books so much I bet my mom would be like "must be a bunch of sex and violence trollololol" and I'd be like "okay" :(

Spartacus is crazier in terms of nudity than Game of Thrones.
Go for it man. It is well worth it.

Will never show my parents any of the things I watch.

Arment

My grandmother was about half way through the season the other week when I realized how much straight up sex was in the show. She never mentioned it though. She bought HBO for three months just to see this season so obviously she liked it well enough.

TheExodu5

Banned
I don't really feel there's all that much sex outside of that scene, to be honest. That's the only scene that really poorly stands out. It serves zero purpose and wastes a pretty substantial amount of time. It doesn't help that Littlefinger is probably the worst actor on the show.

Arment

I think he's alright. I loved him in The Wire.

Personally I think Littlefinger is just a hard character to like period.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I don't really feel there's all that much sex outside of that scene, to be honest. That's the only scene that really poorly stands out. It serves zero purpose and wastes a pretty substantial amount of time. It doesn't help that Littlefinger is probably the worst actor on the show.
I think you've misspelled Shae.

This show has no bad actors

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone know how quickly Amazon has their episodes up?

Also, where would season 1 end in book terms? At the end of book 1?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Anyone know how quickly Amazon has their episodes up?

Also, where would season 1 end in book terms? At the end of book 1?

Probably not until this time next year. I don't think they put up Season 1 until the DVD came out.

Memles

Slight show spoiler, if you really want to know:
through four episodes, Renly's Kingsguard is not referred to as the Rainbow Guard at all, although Brienne is officially a part of it. Methinks they kept the Kingsguard name similar to suggest a more clear, direct parallel with the Kingsguard we already know. That could change in subsequent episodes, of course.

KingK

Was Brienne described as having short blond hair? I always pictured her with long, curly brown hair for some reason...

Also, will the premiere be up on HBOGO directly after it airs on TV?

Amir0x

Banned
HBO's profits are based on a subscription model. If you disincentivize the reason to subscribe to HBO, you cut into their profits. They make far more money on subscriptions than any other method for episode delivery.

It doesn't surprise me one bit. I usually get HBO for the shows I want, then cancel it when they go off the air. Same for Showtime.

SmZA

Littlefinger suffered from having a lot of added scenes (ie not in the book) and that the writers seemed to struggle with him. I remember a lot of people commenting that the actor appeared uncomfortable in 'that' scene.

Regarding Renly's
Kingsguard: I think giving them rainbow cloaks would have been too on the nose given they were making his secret much more explicit (Really, George?)

_Isaac

Label your spoilers please.
(ACoK)
Is there any cool fan art or something depicting the Rainbow Guard because I really struggled to not imagine them looking silly.

AngryMoth

SO CLOSE!!! I've already reached euphoric levels of hype, only compatible times outside of videogames are the lost season 6 and breaking bad season 4 premieres.

The New York Times wrote a scathingly negative review for the first four episodes of season 2.

The guys main points were: It's boring. Sean Bean died. Nobody can take his place. It's boring. Too much sex and violence. It's boring.

Not really, his points are a valid concern imo. The amount of characters can simply become too much without a main character to steer the ship imo. It works in the book when plenty of depth can be written into each character but you have to wonder if they won't feel like a whole lot of half baked characters in the show to new viewers. You do want a character to root for so I really hope they up the focus on Jon and Robb to fill that void. In a way it reminds me a lot of Oz, no real main character, no one really safe, in fact most of the characters were generally unlikable. Oz was great for awhile but eventually it tires you out, you want characters you look forward to seeing and succeeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom