• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezrarh

I always thought the story was suppose to be about the Starks as a whole (in addition to Tyrion and Dany) so I don't think there has to be a main protagonist for the series to work.

I can finally look forward to Sunday nights now. Super hyped for the premier tomorrow.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah, Tyrion can fit that role pretty well imo. He's not a hero and is sort of on the "villains" side, but he's a great underdog to root for all things considered. And the character is popular as hell.

Dany

Banned
Tyrion can be the protagonist.

COK and SOS spoilers
He at least to me was the central character in the books, the battle of blackwater and the death of joffery

apana

Just from watching with other people, I get the feeling that fantasy fans loved Ned more than other types of viewers did. Then again I've only shown my family the first six episodes so I don't know how they will feel later.

Puddles

Banned
So it turns out my brother has HBO Go.

With this service, can you watch the show live as it airs, or is there a delay before it's available?

Vyer

I was concerned. My wife has started watching Once Upon A Time, which is also on Sundays. I already have both GoT and Mad Men on the DVR and was worried about done conflict. Luckily they are one right after the other here. All systems fucking go for the premiere.

Wray

So with Spartacus finishing up last night I have some thoughts about casting choices for future seasons of Game of Thrones.

Spartacus S2 Finale Spoilers and Future GoT Character Names.

Peter Mensah (Oenomaus) as Strong Belwas. Make it happen HBO!!! They'd have to expand his character a bit to make it work, but that would be a good thing. He could fit as Areo Hotah also.

Nick Tarabay (Asher) as any number of characters.

- Vargo Hoat
- Darrio Naharis
- Hizdahr zo Loraq
- Euron Greyjoy

Viva Bianca (Ilithyia) as somebody! Just find a way to get her on this show. She could make a good Arianne Martell if they were able to make her appear more Dornish. Although Tyene Sand would be perfect for her. But that character is a bit too much of a background character, at least for now.

Pkaz01

Jon, Robb and Arya are all you need, really. I'm not worried about the lack of a central protagonist at all.

I'm worried about Arya

Clash spoilers
I have a feeling her story is going to get the short end of the stick. With all these expanded storylines for Robb, Jaime, and Margeary/Renly Arya's story is going to take the hit. She and Tyrion have the most chapters and they aren't cutting anything from tyrion.

season 2 first episode spoiler based off review
one of the reviews I just came across said she didn't have a single line in episode one. Which is hilarious considering the first chapter after the prologue belongs to her

KingK

I'm worried about Arya

Clash spoilers
I have a feeling her story is going to get the short end of the stick. With all these expanded storylines for Robb, Jaime, and Margeary/Renly Arya's story is going to take the hit. She and Tyrion have the most chapters and they aren't cutting anything from tyrion.

one of the reviews I just came across said she didn't have a single line in episode one. Which is hilarious considering the first chapter after the prologue belongs to her

That would be disappointing, considering Arya's arc in Clash of Kings is one of the best in the series. I really hope they don't end up cutting a lot of her content.

apana

This is HBO so maybe they are thinking politics, drama, and the stories of the adult characters are more interesting than the journey of the children to their audience. Focusing on politics also gives the show a consistent theme and is easier to build a narrative arc out of it. I don't agree but maybe that is what they are thinking. I hope Arya and Bran get good amount of minutes and budget but I wouldn't bet on it.

Wray

I'm worried about Arya

Clash spoilers

Her first chapter in CoK was in Ep10 of S1.

Anyway, I'm not worried. Margeary and Renly's stuff will be much diminished this season after episode 4, which should right around the time Arya gets to Harrenhal and her story starts to hit full throttle.

apana

Will we have the scene with [book 2 spoiler]
Yoren, Arya, and the rest of the gang fighting soldiers and I think the soldiers set fire to the place? You know the one where Arya yells "Winterfell" and Hotpie yells "Hotpie"! I really love all the chapters where people are just walking around and noticing the damage and deaths that the war has caused.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Just finished a re-watch of Season 1... I'm ready for later today
3AQmK.gif

Pkaz01

Will we have the scene with [book 2 spoiler]
Yoren, Arya, and the rest of the gang fighting soldiers and I think the soldiers set fire to the place? You know the one where Arya yells "Winterfell" and Hotpie yells "Hotpie"! I really love all the chapters where people are just walking around and noticing the damage and deaths that the war has caused.

yea thats in there for sure I think its in some of the previews and there is no way they don't include that since its where arya saves jaqen's life.

Puddles

Banned
I'm worried about Arya

Clash spoilers

That's not necessarily a bad sign.

They could always feature her heavily in the next nine episodes. I can't imagine how you could adapt A Clash of Kings without giving prominence to the Arya story.

Sotha Sil

That's not necessarily a bad sign.

They could always feature her heavily in the next nine episodes. I can't imagine how you could adapt A Clash of Kings without giving prominence to the Arya story.
Plus Maisie Williams is a damn good actress. No reason to do that, really.

I can't wait for the YouTube mix that dubs (ACoK)
Cee Lo Green's Wildfire over Blackwater
. I know, silly. But, damnit, I can't wait for (ACoK)
Blackwater

Arya's a fan favorite character, Arya's storyline is one of the best (if not the best), and Maisie is really really good at the role. They'll do her story justice, or face the wrath of an army of incredibly angry nerds. And brother, no one wants that.

Gonna watch all episodes of S1 today.
Wish me luck.

Which reminds me, since Cornballer isn't around this weekend I'll step into his shoes for a moment and say that HBO2 is playing the entire first season today starting at 10:30am eastern and will end 30 minutes before season 2 starts.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Last night I had a horrible nightmare that they replaced the credit sequence with some terrible musical number. And then the episode was really bad.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Maaan I have to go to a Raptors game tonight. Luckily it's at 6pm, doubt I'll get home by 9pm though...luckily I checked and there is a repeat right at 10pm.

I just wanted to chime in on the Arya love. Normally child actors ruin most shows so I was pretty surprised that I loved Bran's and Aryas scenes the most. Even though they were already my favourites in the books.

From the start, seeing either of them made me incredibly sad, knowing what'll happen.

Arya's actress is fantastic. She'll go places.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I just wanted to chime in on the Arya love. Normally child actors ruin most shows so I was pretty surprised that I loved Bran's and Aryas scenes the most. Even though they were already my favourites in the books.

From the start, seeing either of them made me incredibly sad, knowing what'll happen.

Arya's actress is fantastic. She'll go places.

The child actors have been impressive on this show.

Most movies/shows make me quit five minutes into a child actor having an important role. Last season Joffrey/Arya/Bran all were great imo.

So season 2 will cover the entire second book? I heard something about splitting it in 2 seasons some time ago. I haven't really been following the news closely, though.

Just realized Shae is played by a well known German actress (Sibel Kekilli). I didn't even realize that while watching, even though I know her. That's pretty cool.

So psyched to see some of the new characters that will be appearing this season.

jett

D-Member
So season 2 will cover the entire second book? I heard something about splitting it in 2 seasons some time ago. I haven't really been following the news closely, though.

Just realized Shae is played by a well known German actress (Sibel Kekilli). I didn't even realize that while watching, even though I know her. That's pretty cool.

So psyched to see some of the new characters that will be appearing this season.

Book 3 will be split in two seasons, supposedly.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

They are moving some things around from Book 2 and Book 3, but the season should largely follow the book. Next season on wards is will start getting very tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom