• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I need to go find someone nearby with HBO
tumblr_lzxg8rxofd1r3xknapz.jpg

scently

Erm, a little OP but how is the show Carnivale and, I know it was cancelled after season 2 but was there any resolution at the end of season two? I might get the series but right now, I can't deal with unresolved stuffs.

Kapura

Banned
Does anybody know if there is a delay or how long it takes for the episode to be available on HBO Go? Ideally, i'd be watching in real time, but I don't know if HBO's online has that dumb broadcast-first bullshit that other networks abide.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
Non spoiler question:
I have watched season 1, but I want to start reading the books.
Can I just skip the first book and start with the second? or would I miss a lot?

Aiii

So not worth it
All in all it's a fair adaptation of book 1, but you'll miss alot of the nuances. Like how Cersei came to know about Ned's betrayal of Joffrey in the throne room for instance.

Iksenpets

Banned
Non spoiler question:
Can I just skip the first book and start with the second? or would I miss a lot?

I'm sure you could understand the plot of Clash just fine without going back and reading Thrones, but you'd be missing out on a lot of smaller characters and back story that the show cut from season 1 that add a lot of color and subtext to everything.

Erm, a little OP but how is the show Carnivale and, I know it was cancelled after season 2 but was there any resolution at the end of season two? I might get the series but right now, I can't deal with unresolved stuffs.

carnivale is incredible, still one of my favorite shows. the music/visuals are awesome. season 2 was the end of one arc, the next 2 seasons would have been another arc and there are some cliffhanger-ish plot lines left open but its still worth watching IMO

Kuroyume

Banned
I'm sure it's already been posted but if not the EW interview with Weiss and Benioff: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/67805976.html

Also you’re using real wolves this season?
Benioff: There’s a difference. Just those wolf eyes looking at you. Those dogs did a perfectly fine job last season but there’s always a little bit of, “That’s not really a wolf, that’s a dog.” You know when a wolf is staring at you and it makes a big difference, so that makes me very happy.
Weiss: We’ll get to see what a bigger direwolf can do to a person.

tumblr_lo9rp0s62T1qfy2kdo1_500.gif

Any extra fights?
Weiss: I think the Hound has more fighting than maybe he does in the book.

tumblr_lyqst76yXi1qfy2kdo1_500.gif

My favorite character getting more scenes. FUCK YEAH

bengraven

I just realized they didn't do their browser game this year like they did for the first season. I loved the little game that let you "win" scenes from the TV show.

Of course they don't need to now that it's a hit, but it was fun.

Puddles

Banned
Non spoiler question:

Yeah, you could do that.

Keep two things in mind so you don't get confused:

- The first Arya chapter in Clash was the last Arya scene in Season 1.
- The Night's Watch hasn't ridden out beyond the Wall yet at the beginning of the second book. They moved that scene up to the end of Season 1.

apana

Also you’re using real wolves this season?
Benioff: There’s a difference. Just those wolf eyes looking at you. Those dogs did a perfectly fine job last season but there’s always a little bit of, “That’s not really a wolf, that’s a dog.” You know when a wolf is staring at you and it makes a big difference, so that makes me very happy.
Weiss: We’ll get to see what a bigger direwolf can do to a person.

Wow that must be a bit nerve wracking, they thought the dogs were annoying but now they are going to bring wolves in and Rickon and Bran will actually be next to real live wolves? They are also going to place some CGI magic over the wolves. Wouldn't it have been easier just to have a guy in one of those CGI suits?

vehn

Does anybody know if there is a delay or how long it takes for the episode to be available on HBO Go? Ideally, i'd be watching in real time, but I don't know if HBO's online has that dumb broadcast-first bullshit that other networks abide.

It's available immediately a 9pm

Famassu

Book 3 will be split in two seasons, supposedly.
It's not just supposedly, Weiss & Benioff have mentioned & confirmed the plans to do so many times. It will happen, though they aren't yet sure how they'll go on actually doing the split.

I'm sure I'm the 400th person to ask this, but will individual episodes go up on Amazon soon after the show is aired or do they not put them up until the season is over?

I'm totally willing to buy individual episodes, but if not I guess I'll have to visit my parents more often.

I'm sure I'm the 400th person to ask this, but will individual episodes go up on Amazon soon after the show is aired or do they not put them up until the season is over?

I'm totally willing to buy individual episodes, but if not I guess I'll have to visit my parents more often.

They will most likely only be put up after the season has ended.

Probably not until the blu-ray/dvd is out next year.

It's understandable but just annoying. I still can get them by watching them at my parents' house, but I'd rather pay them money to watch them at my apartment individually.

Ah well, such is life.

Also, I just realized that Lena Hedley also played Sarah Connor in the Terminator TV show. Seems like she's doomed to play alongside annoying teenagers lol.

Puddles

Banned
IMO, it's really quite a poor decision for HBO not to allow for internet-based subscriptions. I would gladly pay them their subscription rate to watch stuff on my computer. Just can't afford regular cable at this point in time.

Are they being money-hatted by cable providers?

IMO, it's really quite a poor decision for HBO not to allow for internet-based subscriptions. I would gladly pay them their subscription rate to watch stuff on my computer. Just can't afford regular cable at this point in time.

I assume at some point they plan on letting people subscribe directly to HBO GO. They are just flushing money down the toilet by not doing that.

Aiii

So not worth it

Pretty much, they need to cable providers to carry them, so I reckon their contracts state they can't directly sells digital subs.

Can't wait for tonight!!! Great op as well, I think another good addition would be links to weekly recappers/reviewers and good third party info/article sites :)

Pretty much, they need to cable providers to carry them, so I reckon their contracts state they can't directly sells digital subs.

HBO gets so much promotion and support from cable and satellite providers that they would be incredibly stupid to try and go it alone any time soon.

Their current business model is incredibly lucrative, they have no need to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom