• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddles

Banned
Regarding asha, I've said before that I think the name change is almost indefensibly idiotic, but: [series spoilers]
while she seems serviceable enough for this part of the story, I really, really can't see this actress being able to carry the role she's going to have later on. She doesn't seem particularly likable to me quite honestly.

I think it'll work fine since (series)
you won't be able to tell who has the cock and who has the cunt.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
This show fucking loves the incest
well yeah, it happened a lot back in "those days"
yeah, i know it's fantasy, so "those days" doesn't really apply, but it's obviously influenced by a period Earth's history, and in that time there was lots of incest

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
SoS
The Red Wedding is going to be PHENOMENAL.
Between that and [MAJOR SOS SPOILERS, DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETELY FINISHED IT]
Oberyn's fight against Gregor, Tyrion's revenge against his father and Shae, everything involving Littlefinger and the Eyrie, Jon becoming the lord commander and the Lord Beric/Catelyn shenanigans at the end...man. I don't know how they'll be able to do it. It has the potential to be truly outstanding.

apana

Dolorous Edd and the Night's Watch are kind of annoying, I think I would have liked it better if it was just Jon, Mormont, and Sam along with unknown cast.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Somebody likes it, the internet has it's scare of scat sites. lol

That Yara girl is hot in real life, agreed on them going for the more plain and manly look with the makeup. Internet says she's an actress and comedian Gemma Whelan.

Honestly she isn't even remotely attractive.

I would understand if they went with someone who doesn't look like they could fight to hire an extra hot actress.

I would understand if they went with someone unattractive so they could hire someone who looked like they could fight.

I would understand if they whiffed on both to hire a big name great actress.

Problem is they whiffed on every account. and then played off gut grabbing as sexual contact.

Helmholtz

I would understand if they went with someone who doesn't look like they could fight to hire an extra hot actress.

I would understand if they went with someone unattractive so they could hire someone who looked like they could fight.

Problem is they whiffed on every account. and then played off gut grabbing as sexual contact.

Yeah, so far I'm not impressed with her. Luckily [affc]
her role isn't too big until starting in book 4 (haven't read book 5).

agrajag

Banned

She's the exact opposite of how Asha is portrayed in the book. No wonder they changed the name.

bengraven

It was funny in the book but it just doesn't work here, I don't know maybe they need more time. I think I'm mostly disappointed with Dolorous Edd, I imagined something else, someone more funny.

The actor's voice is far too quiet and he doesn't look comical enough for the character, I'll grant you that. I like how they're giving him some very Edd-like lines, but he's making the character too dolorous. I will agree with you on that.

Very glad he's here though.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

She can (ACOK)
have my shadow babies

Just finished watching the episode. It was okay, the only things that fell flat for me were the Littlefinger scene (which, surprise, surprise, seems like the general consensus here) and the sex scene between Mel and Stannis.

I really hoped they would've left that as implied with (ACOK)
some makeup later in the series to make Stannis look gaunt
but the fact that she gets him by suggesting she can give him a son seems out of character. To me it always seemed like (ACOK)
he does it to help himself get the iron throne. Or at least that's what it started out as and what he probably tells himself now.

bengraven

She can (ACOK)
have my shadow babies

Just finished watching the episode. It was okay, the only things that fell flat for me were the Littlefinger scene (which, surprise, surprise, seems like the general consensus here) and the sex scene between Mel and Stannis.

I really hoped they would've left that as implied with (ACOK)
some makeup later in the series to make Stannis look gaunt
but the fact that she gets him by suggesting she can give him a son seems out of character. To me it always seemed like (ACOK)
he does it to help himself get the iron throne. Or at least that's what it started out as and what he probably tells himself now.

Maybe he'll go bald later on. :p

anaron

I vaguely remember when theon is describing Esgred, he describes her as not necessarily attractive, but her personality is what wins him over so I am confused as to why so many pictured her as this attractive girl. As a matter of fact when I saw Gemma Whalen's headshots when she was announced, I actually thought she looked to cute to play the role, but after seeing her on screen, they nailed it in my opinion. I might have to reread that chapter, but I am pretty certain that Theon definitely describes her as not ugly but not attractive.

bit of a clash spoiler but
She uses it to mess with him later on

That's my problem though; she failed to exude the intense charisma belonging to the character. She's supposed to make an immediate impression and the show has - so far - failed to illustrate that.

/bitterbitch

69UkY.jpg

bengraven

There's a bluish tint to his face and you can see a Vaseline like aura around his head.

I'm uploading some pics now to show you. The one time you get a close up of him, he's all by himself.

It's really obvious he was filmed seperately than Rorge and Jaquen.

How do you figure?

Look how blue his skin is.

One second and I'll post my evidence.

bengraven

k8KF8.jpg

CJ4sl.jpg

wxsCa.jpg

Most damning picture right there ^^^

NIIZG.jpg

Shot of Jaquen and Rorge, but zero Biter.

Cf3gm.jpg

His skin lighting is very very slightly different than theirs.

KxSFL.jpg

Now his skin is normal, BUT you can't see the other two characters faces!

I can almost promise you they CGIed Biter's head onto another actor.

bengraven

Ah, ok. Thought you meant he was wholly CGI. I'll give it another look on my rewatch.

You'll see it right away then. There's a haze around his head, like seeing heat rising from pavement in summer, caused by blending his face into the background.

And yes, I meant to say "CGI replacement". It's obvious his shots were done seperately.

Someone more talented than me with GIFs should do that shot where my second and third pics were taken. That's the most obvious part. I was screaming at the scene the second it came on and noticed it right away, but I haven't seen anyone else point it out yet.

Famassu

I'm shocked more people aren't as annoyed by this scene as I was. It was shot fine, but it's such a strange direction to take the character. From someone who's out for his own self interest but seems to have shades of grey (dark grey, of course) to someone who will sell a girl to be tortured, dismembered, and murdered. Varys sort of implied it in season one too, and it annoyed me then, but here it's way more explicit and makes him a far less compelling character. Hell, the fact that brothels have gone from being just one of his investments to his primary mode of income detracts a lot from the character.
Umm... isn't it pretty much implied in the books as well that Littlefinger provides people with all kinds of perversions (necrophilia, men with a thing for young boys etc.)? Or have I started mixing book & TV series together? :lol

Mission

Umm... isn't it pretty much implied in the books as well that Littlefinger provides people with all kinds of perversions (necrophilia, men with a thing for young boys etc.)? Or have I started mixing book & TV series together? :lol

I'm pretty sure it's not implied, but fully stated by Littlefinger.

Puddles

Banned
We had this debate a year ago. In that picture she is quite attractive but she doesn't look that good anywhere else.

She is slimmer in that pic than she is on the show.

She and the dude who plays Loras both should have hit the gym before filming. She's chubby, and he's a twig.

Jonm1010

Banned
Frankly I'm more than fine with having characters being less attractive then they are described in the books.

I feel like people pretty much want every 2 out of 3 females on this show to be drop dead gorgeous.

I want a gritty retelling of the grrm novels properly translated to screen. Which means realism, good storytelling and good acting.

I'm not looking for a beauty pageant. In fact aiming for so many people to be gorgeous detracts instead of adds to the realism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom