• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noema

They forgot to cast Salladhor Saan.

carrot-top-main.jpg

Noema

Jada Pinkett Smith is more Catelyn than Cersei IMO.

And Michael Clark Duncan should have been Ser Gregor Clegane.

Episode 9 and 10 Synopsis

Episode 3.09 – The Rains of Castamere
Robb presents himself to Walder Frey, and Edmure meets his bride. Jon faces his harshest test yet. Bran discovers a new gift. Daario and Jorah debate how to take Yunkai. House Frey joins with House Tully. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by David Nutter.)

Episode 3.10 – Mhysa
Joffrey challenges Tywin. Bran tells a ghost story. In Dragonstone, mercy comes from strange quarters. Dany waits to see if she is a conqueror or a liberator. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by David Nutter.)

Should put an end to the "PW is gonna happen this season" people

Good.

tmdorsey

ASOS;:
Joffrey was delighted when he heard of Robb Stark's death and wanted his head so he could serve it to Sansa at his own wedding, in addition to wanting to show no mercy to the Northern and Riverland nobles who surrendered following Robb Stark's death; this statement horrified Kevan and enraged Tyrion, who threatened his nephew, stating that Sansa was not his to torment. Tywin refused to allow Joffrey's request which caused Joffrey to insult his grandfather as 'a coward who hid beneath Casterly Rock' while his 'father' won the war at the Trident, an insult that angered Tywin to the point that in private he remarked that Joffrey required a "sharp lesson".

Yep. I can't wait to see this played out on screen.

I don't think anyone has read the books except Kit Harrington. In the case of Maisie her mom reads the books and tells her about Arya, Sophie Turner (Sansa) and Michelle Fairley only read their chapters. The others on the Emmy panel amitted that they haven't read it at all (the Others take them)..
Others have read as well besides Kit, that panel was just a bad choice of people that have selectively read or don't. Richard Madden has read the books season to season so far, and there are plenty others that have mentioned reading the books (or at least some of them at some point).
it's gonna be great, but I don't recall it on the book.[/QUOTE]

And in previews for this current season.

Do you remember which one? I don't recall seeing him.

ASOS (about above)
I really look forward to scene with all the Lannisters in ep 10, that was a delicious and very intense scene in the book.

Yonafunu

I can't quite remember, ASOS
what was Roose Hilton's justification for letting Jaime go again?.

Also, I can't wait for Stannis at the Wall. Stupid non-book folks hating on the One True King.

Dany

Banned

Robb presents himself to Walder Frey, and Edmure meets his bride. Jon faces his harshest test yet. Bran discovers a new gift. Daario and Jorah debate how to take Yunkai. House Frey joins with House Tully. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by David Nutter.)

SOS
^_^ OMG YAAAY!!!

Levi

Banned
Do you remember which one? I don't recall seeing him.

Half the trailers linked to on WiC have since been taken down, but I did find this screencap from an 'Invitation to the Set' which does show him.
http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Gallery/Entry/Game_of_Thrones_S3_Invitation_13

Interesting watching the old trailers. Robb's plan to overthrow Casterly Rock was pretty obvious from a trailer scene ("We will take his home and his gold") but I don't remember anyone picking up on it back then.

woodchuck

Half the trailers linked to on WiC have since been taken down, but I did find this screencap from an 'Invitation to the Set' which does show him.
http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Gallery/Entry/Game_of_Thrones_S3_Invitation_13

Interesting watching the old trailers. Robb's plan to overthrow Casterly Rock was pretty obvious from a trailer scene ("We will take his home and his gold") but I don't remember anyone picking up on it back then.

tons of great screecaps in there

ASOS

Jeels

Episode 3.10 – Mhysa
Joffrey challenges Tywin. Bran tells a ghost story. In Dragonstone, mercy comes from strange quarters. Dany waits to see if she is a conqueror or a liberator. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by David Nutter.)

Should put an end to the "PW is gonna happen this season" people

Kinda sad that
they aren't dedicating an entire episode to the events surrounding the Red Wedding

Kinda sad that
they aren't dedicating an entire episode to the events surrounding the Red Wedding

(ASOS)
I don't really see how they could without a lot of padding. There's really not an entire episode's worth of content there, and they probably don't want to be too obvious about the whole 'shit is about to get really awful' angle.

Kinda sad that

[ASOS]
It's supposed to come out of nowhere. If people see they're dedicating 55 minutes to a wedding, they'll know something big is gonna go down. They can show enough of it if they dedicate it 20 minutes. 5 minutes at the beginning, 5 minutes at the end, then 10 minutes of madness.

Snake

Kinda sad that

[ASOS]
I bet it's going to start off like a normal episode: a short Robb scene followed by an Essos moment, and lastly a Bran scene (which features a small amount of foreshadowing of what is to come). Show-only folks don't see anything out of the ordinary at first. "I guess nothing exciting like the Blackwater is going to happen this season," they'll start thinking to themselves. Then the rest of the episode focuses exclusively on the wedding. Gradually, the tension builds. And shit gets real.

Dany

Banned
I watch with 3 people that haven't read the books while another has recently read book 3. I think I do a good job keeping a straight face during episodes with big events. I tend to be quiet, like jamie's hand getting cut off while my roommate was squirming at character reveals or big events

SOS
I can't imagine him during episode 9, Haha. It will be amazing, lol

Massa

Major ASOS & eps 9-10 synopses
ep 9
"Jon faces his harshest test yet. Bran discovers a new gift."

This has to be Bran & Summer helping Jon escape the wildlings after he fails to kill that guy. Goddamn episode 9 is going to be fantastic.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
2HXLIPk.jpg

Tywinn is seriously miscast but I'd totally watch this.

Haha. Renly is even more miscast, IMO. Don't really see Lester as Mance either. And where are the ladies? Sansa, Arya, Catelyn, Osha, Asha/Yara... Brienne ;)

80's era Grace Jones would totally be Brienne. lol

I'd put Morgan Freeman as Jeor Mormont, I think. Idris Elba totally needs to Jaime. Who's the dude they put as him? I don't recognize him (nor Ser Jorah, Davos and Littlefinger).

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Ah, heard the name but IMDB shows I've seen nothing he's in.

Gina Torres as Catelyn!

Penny Johnson as Osha (older take-no-shit book version, not TV-version). Or maybe Michonne

CCH Pounder as Genna Frey-Lannister xD

Naomie Harris as Asha Greyjoy

D'Angelo dude as Jon Snow or Robb Stark rather than Theon

Speaking of 24, Dennis Haysbert as Davos would work nicely.

...Why is this so fun? >_>

Kinda sad that

I actually like where they are going with it because [ASOS]
the red wedding is going to happen in the same episode (and therefor the same rainstorm) as the Bran/Jon crossing at Queenscrown.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Kinda sad that

ASOS
No reason it should be. The Red Wedding was not a long event, it was the sudden twist that made it surprising, and that doesn't require 50 minutes of buildup.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
With the synopsis for episode 10...

ASOS
It seems they aren't doing the first skirmish at Castle Black. I wonder if they're going to skip it. Have Jon's arc end with him returning to The Wall in time to see Mance's army advancing. Combing the two fights next season.

Or even skip the first fight all together. Jon is traveling with a small group, I wonder if they might just have Jon and Summer kill them all at Queenscrown

Major ASOS & eps 9-10 synopses
ep 9
"Jon faces his harshest test yet. Bran discovers a new gift."

This has to be Bran & Summer helping Jon escape the wildlings after he fails to kill that guy. Goddamn episode 9 is going to be fantastic.

I would assume the
new gift involves Bran warging into Hodor

With the synopsis for episode 10...

ASOS
It seems they aren't doing the first skirmish at Castle Black. I wonder if they're going to skip it. Have Jon's arc end with him returning to The Wall in time to see Mance's army advancing. Combing the two fights next season.

Or even skip the first fight all together. Jon is traveling with a small group, I wonder if they might just have Jon and Summer kill them all at Queenscrown

I think we'll see the Castle Black battle happen at the start of next season. Jon's arc likely ends with him arriving at Castle Black after having escaped the Wildlings, and then we get them attacking to start Season 4 with a bang.

I think we'll see the Castle Black battle happen at the start of next season. Jon's arc likely ends with him arriving at Castle Black after having escaped the Wildlings, and then we get them attacking to start Season 4 with a bang.

Knowing this show, (end season speculation spoilers)
the attack will begin right at the end of the season, and then next season will start with the battle having just ended.

Dysun

Knowing this show, (end season speculation spoilers)
the attack will begin right at the end of the season, and then next season will start with the battle having just ended.

They wont skip that battle, they've mentioned it has to rival "Blackwater"

Timbuktu

the-chicago-code-delroy-lindo-1.jpg

Delroy Lindo for Tywin, he was the best thing in the short lived Chicago Code. Idris Elba for Jaime. Michael B Jordan for Jon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom