• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeels

WOW. I can't believe they are (show spoilers)
killing Ros. I liked her addition to the cast. This is insane. :( She served a lot of useful purposes so I wonder what they are going to do now

HBO's so good about leaks and spoilers. How have the last two episodes had leaked images?

I thought I read that the leaks are coming from HBO Go in Canada, possibly? Don't remember where I read that however.

I think it happened last year for the first couple episodes when HBO Go was airing some of the episodes early in certain locations and they'd leak. But that was only for a couple episodes I think.

New episode tonight: The Climb

Tywin plans strategic unions for the Lannisters. Melisandre visits the Riverlands. Robb weighs a compromise to repair his alliance with House Frey. Roose Bolton decides what to do with Jaime Lannister. Jon, Ygritte and the Wildlings face a daunting climb.

Snake

Oh my god that leaked pic. I kept checking people's spoiler tags as a hint of what it was about, but none of them prepared me.

If you haven't checked it out, do not do it! Even as a book reader you do not want to be spoiled.

Oh my god.

Normally this is us with the people that haven't read the books:
8B5bU1M.gif

Tonight, it looks like this is David and Dan with us that have read the books:
8B5bU1M.gif

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I clicked the first spoiler pic, but not the rest. I hope I avoided most of the surprises, lol. How do those pics get leaked anyway? Weird.

[show spoilers regarding the first leaked pic + ASoS spoilers]
So Ros dies? Good riddance. I hate that it'd be all Joffrey being a sicko again, though. We had enough of that, and in S4 he'll mistreat Tyrion plenty for the viewers to hate him again by the time he croaks.
I'm wondering if it'll have something to do with Littlefinger learning she spied for Varys and punishing her. But that seems too gruesome and sick. Littlefinger isn't some sadistic monster, he's just a cold and pragmatic asshole.

Of course vociferous book readers will likely view this as some kind of victory...and no doubt badger the shows writers/producers over other shit in the mistaken belief that their opinions somehow count.
Why shouldn't their opinions count?

Series
I don't think he was necessarily castrated in the books. I don't think it was ever explicitly stated that he was.
[ADwD]
Yeah, he was totally castrated. It's an easy to miss detail if you read too fast but he was. He is ordered to "prepare" poor Jeyne Poole/fake Arya and he stammers, "But... I have no..." and then Ramsay says "with your mouth".

Never thought I'd say this pre-ADwD but really... Poor Theon. o_O

I kind of hate myself for wanting to see it, but
I really cannot wait for Ramsay to start his madness. Show only people are gonna freak out when it turns out Joffrey is nice compared to him

Iksenpets

Banned
That's a safe bet, but I think they already spelled it out pretty clearly. ASOS/Series
For book readers, at least. I have a bad feeling Theon is getting Varys'd this episode. I hope they don't make it too gruesome.

ADWD
I don't think there's anyway to avoid making it gruesome. Remember Ramsay's rule, he only takes skin, you have to beg him to chop off the rest. :((((

So Ros dies? Good riddance. I hate that it'd be all Joffrey being a sicko again, though. We had enough of that, and in S4 he'll mistreat Tyrion plenty for the viewers to hate him again by the time he croaks.
I'm wondering if it'll have something to do with Littlefinger learning she spied for Varys and punishing her. But that seems too gruesome and sick. Littlefinger isn't some sadistic monster, he's just a cold and pragmatic asshole.

I think with respect to the leaked picture [ASoS/Show Speculation]
it could be that Littlefinger figures out Ros is doublecrossing him with Varys and maybe then he sends her out to "spy" on Joffrey knowing somehow that Joffrey might kill her. Or maybe he manipulates Joffrey in some way to make him want to kill her when she goes to Joffrey? That would be my guess since I don't know why Ros would be meeting up with Joffrey at this point if it wasn't at Littlefinger's behest.

ADWD
I don't think there's anyway to avoid making it gruesome. Remember Ramsay's rule, he only takes skin, you have to beg him to chop off the rest. :((((

All that talk makes me wonder how [ASoS Spoilers]
the show is going to reveal Ramsay and how they justify Roose letting Jaime go without it being too obvious the Boltons are bad. I just reread the chapter in ASoS where Jaime speaks with Bolton and it seems like its basically set up as Roose saying several times he's loyal to the King in the North and making it clear to Jaime that Vargo Hoat chopping off Jaime's hand was all on Vargo and not Bolton's idea, to spare him any wrath from Tywin. TV Robb still wants Jaime back, correct? Having Roose just send Jaime on his way might make it too obvious he isn't on the up and up with Robb, depending on how they frame that conversation.

Plus whenever Ramsay sends Robb the letter with a patch of Theon's skin in it later on, Ramsay withholding the news that Theon didn't kill Bran and Rickon might set off people's BS alarms. But I guess they can work around that several ways. I just hope the show doesn't foreshadow the Bolton's role too early before the RW.

Dany

Banned
I think with respect to the leaked picture [ASoS/Show Speculation]
it could be that Littlefinger figures out Ros is doublecrossing him with Varys and maybe then he sends her out to "spy" on Joffrey knowing somehow that Joffrey might kill her. Or maybe he manipulates Joffrey in some way to make him want to kill her when she goes to Joffrey? That would be my guess since I don't know why Ros would be meeting up with Joffrey at this point if it wasn't at Littlefinger's behest.

So what was the payoff to Ros? I mean we are totally speculating considering the episode is gonna air in a few hours but to create this character to just have her go off like that :/ and I was liking her. :(

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I clicked the first spoiler pic, but not the rest. I hope I avoided most of the surprises, lol. How do those pics get leaked anyway? Weird.

ASOS
I don't know. We'll get some good Jeoffrey insults when Tyrion's wedding happens. The only interactions the two really have after that is when Tyrion gives him the wedding gift (and that scene will be all about the reveal that Jeoffrey is the one who wanted Bran dead), then the Wedding Feast.

I can't imagine them waiting too long for Jeoffrey's wedding in S4, I expect it to hapen before the halfway mark.

So what was the payoff to Ros? I mean we are totally speculating considering the episode is gonna air in a few hours but to create this character to just have her go off like that :/ and I was liking her. :(

[Show speculation from leaked picture]
No idea. Don't mess with Littlefinger? I really thought they were going to take Ros down the Marillion route as far as plot role went. Maybe they just wanted to trim down the cast? No idea.

ASOS
I don't know. We'll get some good Jeoffrey insults when Tyrion's wedding happens. The only interactions the two really have after that is when Tyrion gives him the wedding gift (and that scene will be all about the reveal that Jeoffrey is the one who wanted Bran dead), then the Wedding Feast.

I can't imagine them waiting too long for Jeoffrey's wedding in S4, I expect it to hapen before the halfway mark.

ASOS
I think Episode 9 will be the Battle at the Wall, which means the duel between Red Viper and the Mountain will be Episode 8 (thus having Episode 10 be the resolution of all that). Episode 7 would be when Oberyn goes to talk to Tyrion, and as such placing Joffrey's Wedding in Episode 5 or 6.

Tyrion doesn't have that much to do after Joffrey's Wedding, so I really cannot imagine them using it very early.

kirblar

[Show speculation from leaked picture]
No idea. Don't mess with Littlefinger? I really thought they were going to take Ros down the Marillion route as far as plot role went. Maybe they just wanted to trim down the cast? No idea.
It provides motivation for his role in the PW.

tirminyl

Oh my god that leaked pic. I kept checking people's spoiler tags as a hint of what it was about, but none of them prepared me.

If you haven't checked it out, do not do it! Even as a book reader you do not want to be spoiled.

Oh my god.

I concur. Wished I didn't click the link.

tmdorsey

RE:Leaked pic

If word of Ros killing gets back to Margery and Lady Olenna it gives them further reason to make the purple wedding happen

Very good of the writers.

EDIT: And damnit I wished I hadn't clicked the link. :-/

Dany

Banned
RE:Leaked pic

If word of Ros killing gets back to Margery and Lady Olenna it gives them further reason to make the purple wedding happen

Very good of the writers.

EDIT: And damnit I wished I hadn't clicked the link. :-/

Series
is it confirmed the queen of thorns was the one that poisioned joef or was it a rumor.

Dysun

Series
is it confirmed the queen of thorns was the one that poisioned joef or was it a rumor.

Littlefinger and Olenna conspired to kill him based on his conversation with Sansa and other evidence. Debatable if Margaery put it in the cup, but seems likely.

Fey

Banned
series
I thought it was pretty much agreed and/or confirmed that LF and Olenna plotted Joffrey's death? Margaery was no doubt part of it as well. Are there other theories?

Snake

.....why the fuck at all ever?

This is how Putin stays in power.

series
I thought it was pretty much agreed and/or confirmed that LF and Olenna plotted Joffrey's death? Margaery was no doubt part of it as well. Are there other theories?

[Series]
That's pretty much it. I've seen a couple people who think Tywin had a strong motive to get rid of Joffrey, but I don't recall seeing any convincing evidence.

cj_iwakura

This is how Putin stays in power.

[Series]
That's pretty much it. I've seen a couple people who think Tywin had a strong motive to get rid of Joffrey, but I don't recall seeing any convincing evidence.

[Series]
Tywin would never aid in a Lannister's death. Hiiiighly unlikely anyway.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
[Series]

[series]
But the main evidence that Littlefinger was behind it is also Littlefinger saying so, who had good reason to lie to Sansa. It's definitely the most likely possibility at the moment, but if Bran's assassination attempt is anything to go by, it wouldn't be all that surprising if some twist was revealed in the next book(s).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
[Series]

Series
I don't think he had anything to do with the murder, but at the same time I think Tywin was glad to be rid of him. Tywin above all cares about the longevity of his family, and he knew Joffrey would make a terrible king. And as far as never aiding in a Lannister's death, he made no effort to help Tyrion prove his innocence, and I do not believe Tywin thought him to be guilty, and rather saw the events as a good way to get rid of the son he's ashamed off, and a grandson who would probably bring about the destruction of the Lannisters.

Series
I don't think he had anything to do with the murder, but at the same time I think Tywin was glad to be rid of him. Tywin above all cares about the longevity of his family, and he knew Joffrey would make a terrible king. And as far as never aiding in a Lannister's death, he made no effort to help Tyrion prove his innocence, and I do not believe Tywin thought him to be guilty, and rather saw the events as a good way to get rid of the son he's ashamed off, and a grandson who would probably bring about the destruction of the Lannisters.

series

did you miss his speech before tyrion killed him? he was gonna make tyrion take the black

[series]
But the main evidence that Littlefinger was behind it is also Littlefinger saying so, who had good reason to lie to Sansa. It's definitely the most likely possibility at the moment, but if Bran's assassination attempt is anything to go by, it wouldn't be all that surprising if some twist was revealed in the next book(s).

Series

I think it is highly possible that someone else engineered the plan but Littlefinger came to know about it and decided to use it to get Sansa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom