• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
*2 months ago*

"Aha! Now that I have read through ADWD, I won't have to worry about show spoilers ever again!"

*5 minutes ago*

"...Well fuck."

Snake

[DON'T REMEMBER WHICH BOOK]
Do we know what episode that infamous scene will be in ?

[ASOS]
If you're referring to the RW, Episode 9.

edit: if you mean the other wedding we've been talking about here, probably a few episodes into next season.

Speevy

Banned
ASOS
They could theoretically have just about anyone within ravenshot of King's Landing as the poisoner of Joffrey.

I nominate Rickon. Dude needs more screen time. Tommen is also a good choice if you're looking within the capital.

Speevy

Banned
I still don't understand (ASOS)
why Cat should come back next season. According to the Wiki, it's three days after she dies, right? I think this would make a killer ending shot for episode 10.

tmdorsey

why Cat should come back next season. According to the Wiki, it's three days after she dies, right? I think this would make a killer ending shot for episode 10.

ASOS
It would be better in terms of buildup. You can various characters telling stories of the BWB killing and hanging Freys and being lead by this mysterious new leader called "Stoneheart" then at the end of the season have the big revel.

Snake

[ASOS]
It's possible that she'll come back for the cliffhanger of the season. But the reason people think they'll wait until season 4 is because a) the book doesn't reveal her until the very end; long after she's already in her role as the head of the Brotherhood, and b) because it would be a bit quick for the viewer to see her cheat death only one episode after she has died, where you haven't had a chance to soak in her death yet.

For example, I am imagining that in season 4 you'll hear a few characters over the course of the season talking about "Stoneheart," with the viewers having no hints as to who this new character is. Then, at the very end you have whatever victim is waiting to be judged and the Brotherhood introduces this mysterious new leader. Boom, revealed. But you can't do that kind of drama in one episode of material in season 3.

exYle

ASOS spoiler: http://i.imgur.com/5wSiW9m.png

The "Frey'd not" gets me every time

The Rad Wedding

MIj6o.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Stop making this non-book reader excited :(.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
you guys are in for the craziest shit ever in history by the end of this season. ever in history. I wish I could be you just so I could re-live the moment; instead I will vicariously live through all of you

Ever in history? That's all the histories!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

series
Because it was foolish of Martin to bring her back in the epilogue of ASOS and not wait to do her reveal in the final Brienne chapter of AFFC

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
you guys are in for the craziest shit ever in history by the end of this season. ever in history. I wish I could be you just so I could re-live the moment; instead I will vicariously live through all of you
And then next season will be even better.

Dany

Banned
SOS
Seven hells, I thought we all agreed not to say stuff like "you guys are in for the craziest shit ever in history by the end of this season."

Fey

Banned
SOS
Seven hells, I thought we all agreed not to say stuff like "you guys are in for the craziest shit ever in history by the end of this season."

ASOS
Hopefully other non-book readers aren't checking in here. The reason I found all these scenes amazing in the book was partly because I wasn't expecting any huge events like there ended up being. :S

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ASOS
Hopefully other non-book readers aren't checking in here. The reason I found all these scenes amazing in the book was partly because I wasn't expecting any huge events like there ended up being. :S

ASOS
Red Wedding was especially effective because it wasn't at the end of the book, but almost smack in the middle.

They're starting to stray into the GoT time with their promos for other shows this year. *shakes fist*

Not a big deal since we're getting longer episodes anyway, but it's noticeable.

UraMallas

SOS
He was being facetious by mocking some of the people that pull that shit in the non-book reader thread.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Series
Chat today got me thinking about how the show will handle Joffrey's death, namely, how well will they handle all the implications that it was the Tyrell's who did it. Especially with Tyrion claiming credit for the murder, not only to Jamie, but various people in the east.

Magnus

Waiting for friends to arrive to start watching. I hate this! Haha. They're fine with starting late, true members of the Netflix/PVR generation. I still like tuning in right on time and watching it as it airs first, so this is burning me up!

#firstworldprobs

AcciDante

Waiting for friends to arrive to start watching. I hate this! Haha. They're fine with starting late, true members of the Netflix/PVR generation. I still like tuning in right on time and watching it as it airs first, so this is burning me up!

#firstworldprobs

I know the feeling! My family takes like 45 minutes to convene to watch Mad Men/Thrones and it kills me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom