• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabka

The production quality on the show is so good. Some really amazing shots in this episode.

Watching Theon get broken down is rough.

Why are you guys behind? I noticed a few of you are. America is like a minute or 2 off?

I'm in Canada btw.
It's pretty typical that Canada runs a minute or two ahead. I think we get different HBO promos before the episode. This week didn't start until 2-3 minutes after the hour.
So am I the only one that thinks the episode should have ended on that epic littlefinger speech rather than the cheesy make out sesh.
It was a pretty rough episode and they end on down notes often, so I didn't mind the inversion this week.

ASOS
Not sure why they introduced the dragonglass dagger and didn't have it used in the same episode.
asos:
honestly have no idea where they'll shove this in.

It was a pretty rough episode and they end on down notes often, so I didn't mind the inversion this week.
I guess.
But ASOS:
well I guess I'm not keeping normal viewers in mind since I know how all that is going to end so I'm not buying into the positivity lol.

dubq

So only 4 of them made it to the top of the wall?

ASOS
I'm more convinced now that the skirmish at Castle Black is going to be skipped for total focus on the battle at the wall. I think Jon and Summer will kill everyone at Queenscrown.

Do you mean the ASOS
battle at Castle Black where Stannis comes in? There is no way they would leave that out of the show given how many story arcs pass through it. I doubt it will be this season either way, though.

Amir0x

Banned
Also lmfao @ Rose Leslie's character thinking she has an ass. Sorry Rose, Ygritte may have had an ass but you certainly do not. Good day, madam. I said Good Day!

UraMallas

Book readers who have read up through ADWD,
with regards to Arya's storyline, did we just get spoiled on possible Arya stuff that hasn't been put to paper yet? When Melisandre tells her she will kill a brown, blue and green-eyed person, I don't remember anything like that being said in the books. You could definitely make a case for it being her eventual end point for the series but I don't recall anything so blatant being said.

Also, Cersei has green eyes, The Hound has brown, I believe... Who has blue on her list? Ilyn?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Do you mean the ASOS
battle at Castle Black where Stannis comes in? There is no way they would leave that out of the show given how many story arcs pass through it. I doubt it will be this season either way, though.
No, he means [ASoS]
the actual battle at Castle Black where Ygritte dies. What you're thinking of is outside the wall.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Do you mean the ASOS

No, I'm talking the small fight with Castle Black and the raiders Jon was with then they crossed the wall. He escapes at Queenscrown, gets to Castle Black in time to warn them of the attack and they fend it off. The big battle at the wall, where Stannis arrives at the end, is shortly after that.

I'm thinking that first small battle will just be skipped entirely, and Jon and Summer will just kill everyone at Queenscrown, and that Jon rides to the Wall in time to warn everyone of Mance's attack

aceface

with regards to Arya's storyline, did we just get spoiled on possible Arya stuff that hasn't been put to paper yet? When Melisandre tells her she will kill a brown, blue and green-eyed person, I don't remember anything like that being said in the books. You could definitely make a case for it being her eventual end point for the series but I don't recall anything so blatant being said.

Also, Cersei has green eyes, The going has brown, I believe... Who has blue on her list? Ilyn?

ADWD
Well I think she's going to kill lots of folks...don't know that it referred to anyone specific. In the books she's already killed 4 or 5 people. What was more interesting to me was the "we will meet again." Arya and Melisandre are a LONG ways away in ADWD.

Zabka

Also, Cersei has green eyes, The Hound has brown, I believe... Who has blue on her list? Ilyn?

Did she say kill? I figured that meant she would wear many faces

UraMallas

That shit was tough to watch. Fuck.

I feel like they needed the Jon/Ygritte scene at the end after all the nasty stuff earlier in the episode.
That's true. I don't think we need a "fuck you, viewers" moment at the end of every episode. I didn't mind it for a change.

jett

D-Member

I don't know how you got that ADWD
that Arya will kill people frmo what Melisandre said. I though it might refer to her shapeshifting shenanigans.
Honestly I didn't really make much sense of what was said.

dubq

No, I'm talking the small fight with Castle Black and the raiders Jon was with then they crossed the wall. He escapes at Queenscrown, gets to Castle Black in time to warn them of the attack and they fend it off. The big battle at the wall, where Stannis arrives at the end, is shortly after that.

I'm thinking that first small battle will just be skipped entirely, and Jon and Summer will just kill everyone at Queenscrown, and that Jon rides to the Wall in time to warn everyone of Mance's attack

Right right, got ya.

Tough ASOS
I doubt Jon is killing Tormud and Ygritte. Orell, probably.

Dawg

SQoe4F3.png

Fey

Banned
episode spoilers jic
I love how non book readers seem to be like "... who was that at the end?" but book readers are all "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FINAAAAAALLLLY!"

Can we just follow Lady Olenna for a full episode? She's the bestest.

I'm so happy she's getting more time in the show than she did in the books. She really deserves a lot of screen time.

LordCanti

Wow was that a lot to take in. This seems like the episode where they just said fuck it and started to deviate from the books; Most notably (that I can remember) is (all series)
Mel meeting Thoros/Beric. I'm not sure where they're going with that. I guess we can also assume that Gendry is taking the place of Edric, though I'm not sure what the point of him being captured right now is. I guess Littlefinger is going to take Sansa to the boat himself now since there's no one left to play Littlefinger's patsy; I thought that was the whole point of Ros, but maybe they heard the outcries for Ros to get taken off the show and changed their minds. Who knows. What I assume was Winterfell being viewable from the wall is going to make explaining the gift very difficult later.

I liked Gendry's "You'd be m'lady" exit better than the one in this episode. Other than that and the hamfisted interaction between Sam and Gilly at the beginning of the episode, I really enjoyed it. I knew they had to deviate sooner or later, and it might as well have been sooner.

I know.
And, uh, to be creepy GAF here,
Sansa in that corset. Yum.

I was expecting a bra, like an idiot.
And hoping for tittays like a dirty old man

SOS
I hope not because that was one of the highpoints of a storm of swords for me. So much crazy shit happens in SOS before that battle and I wasn't sure of whether or not Jon Snow would even make it out alive. Hopefully, they put a lot of budget towards that battle and skimp out on stannis saving the day because that doesn't need to be a long epic battle.

episode spoilers jic
I love how non book readers seem to be like "... who was that at the end?" but book readers are all "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FINAAAAAALLLLY!"

I'm so happy she's getting more time in the show than she did in the books. She really deserves a lot of screen time.

Read the books, who we talking about here?

UraMallas

ADWD
Well I think she's going to kill lots of folks...don't know that it referred to anyone specific. In the books she's already killed 4 or 5 people. What was more interesting to me was the "we will meet again." Arya and Melisandre are a LONG ways away in ADWD.
ADWD
And that's another thing that made me think it was specific people.

Dany

Banned
I feel bad about ros. Like her character was created for this show but...not like it was used for anything. :/

aceface

Wow was that a lot to take in. This seems like the episode where they just said fuck it and started to deviate from the books; Most notably (that I can remember) is (all series)
Mel meeting Thoros/Beric. I'm not sure where they're going with that. I guess we can also assume that Gendry is taking the place of Edric, though I'm not sure what the point of him being captured right now is. I guess Littlefinger is going to take Sansa to the boat himself now since there's no one left to play Littlefinger's patsy; I thought that was the whole point of Ros, but maybe they heard the outcries for Ros to get taken off the show and changed their minds. Who knows.

On that point...Actual TV show spoilers for later episodes! And also sorta book (ASOS)
I think I read somewhere they are actually bringing back Sir Dontos to play the role he had in the book

UraMallas

Entire Series SPOILERS
That's what I thought she said too. Could have been mistaken but I thought she was talking about Arya becoming a Faceless Man.
ADWD
That's where I thought she was going at first but then she said something that made me change my mind. I'll have to go through it in the rewatch to see.

Thats what I thought at first until she said the thing about
"shutting them forever"

Yep, this is exactly why I was like "wait, wait, now..."

Fey

Banned
holy shit i had no idea people loved ros so much. people are saying it's anti-feminist?

it is tumblr, though.

dubq

A final pic to end the night (copy image link for best viewing)

them salty tears

lol what a bunch of wankers. If they think that 3 second camera pan was "gruesome, graphic, and sexual" then I wonder what they think of the Theon stuff..

Er, is saying what Valar Dohaeris means a spoiler? I'll delete it from the other thread if that's the case.

I don't think they've ever explicitly said what it means. Valar Morghulis was explained, and someone (either Mel or Thoros) said "All Men Must Serve" this episode, but you kind of have to make the connection yourself

Also the thing about "Boy" blowing the horn is doubly awesome because of Theon and the hornblower in season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom