• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Q7Rzkpy.jpg

woodchuck

From Sepinwall's review:

Walder Frey turns out to be more open to forgiving Robb than we might have expected — with a lot of help from Uncle Edmure — which means his plan to take Casterly Rock may not be a pipe dream, after all.

ASOS
oh man

aceface

Series up to ADWD spoilers and speculation
Funny how the show is making it abundantly clear to Melisandre now that it's possible to bring someone back from the dead. HMMMMMMMMMM

dubq

Series up to ADWD spoilers and speculation
Funny how the show is making it abundantly clear to Melisandre now that it's possible to bring someone back from the dead. HMMMMMMMMMM
ADWD
FOR THE WATCH! FOR THE WATCH!
;-)

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Just finished it. I'm guessing GAF is super happy Ros bit it.

It was interesting how they turned Gendry into Edric.

UraMallas

I also like the Gendry change. Rewatching the scene with Arya and ADWD
it does seem the way it was worded was more geared toward her becoming a Faceless Man than towards her killing the rest of her list. Ambiguous enough that I can't call it one way or the other. Good job on that, show runners. However, if she meets Melisandre again that means Arya comes back to Westeros or Melisandre goes back across the sea.

Levi

Banned
That episode was so bad.

Like, season two bad.

French sleeves?!? Which of the Seven Kingdoms is France?

Not one person in that entire organization noticed they reference France?

Myrish lace, Dornish lace, fuck, call it Valyrian lace.

They could at least pretend like they give a shit.

They needed to visualize the sight without actually showing what he was seeing. Seemed fine to me. Did you also hate Orell's eyes turning white when he was warging?

Only if at some stage he warns them about an attack from the rear.

Then I'll be good.

A very smart change that will likely be an improvement on the book.

I agree. To me all the right moves are being made at the moment.

That episode was so bad.

Like, season two bad.

*chuckles*

UraMallas

That episode was so bad.

Like, season two bad.

The gall. Next thing you know they'll let Ygritte teach Jon how to French kiss. Look on the bright side, Jaime can now eat French fries without struggle.

Didn't he say fringed sleeves?

Gods, I hope not. What else can we be indignant about if that were the case?

Eidan

That episode was so bad.

Like, season two bad.

That episode was so bad.

Like, season two bad.

LOL. I was just about to post how Loras's love of fringed sleeves made me laugh out loud.

Amir0x

Banned
Now I just sort of miss Ros already.. Come back, Ros.

Also Arya gonna fuck shit on Melisandre one day.

Also it sort of felt like The Wall scale was the most epic Cliffhanger remake of all time haha

Loofy

This change makes me uncomfortable. As if it might be a spoiler for unreleased books and the writers are telling us stuff that grrm let them in on.

tauroxd

ADWD
FOR THE WATCH! FOR THE WATCH!
;-)

Ohhhh... That makes sense... But I really don't wan't ADWD
Jon to be alive or to be brought back by Melisandre
because no one is special in this series... If you get fucked up, you get fucked up...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The show will eventually spoil the books. I've seen it in the flames.
Like I said before, hopefully the show doing stuff for GRRM first will help him realize what works and what doesn't work so he can make the final books better.

aceface

This change makes me uncomfortable. As if it might be a spoiler for unreleased books and the writers are telling us stuff that grrm let them in on.

??? Which one you talking about? Oh, the Melisandre/Arya thing probably.

I for one like it when the show hints at book stuff. It's fun trying to figure out what the show creators know and are trying to foreshadow. Lord knows GRRM's not getting us new material for years.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Varys, while still self-serving in his own way, is probably the only one playing the game that honestly is interested in the good of the realm above all else, isn't he?

Hes a character I didnt think much of in the books, but hes become one of my absolute favorites in the show.

Ohhhh... That makes sense... But I really don't wan't ADWD
Jon to be alive or to be brought back by Melisandre
because no one is special in this series... If you get fucked up, you get fucked up...

Series
Rob, Ned, King Robert, Jeoffrey. Jon should be brought back

Varys, while still self-serving in his own way, is probably the only one playing the game that honestly is interested in the good of the realm above all else, isn't he?

Hes a character I didnt think much of in the books, but hes become one of my absolute favorites in the show.

Series
We really don't know what he wants...future he doesn't do things that would be considered good for the realm

Levi

Banned

Well, I already ASOS
threw two leeches into the flames and said Dave and Dan's names. Awkward.
I'll have to watch it again. You're probably right, but after last season when they had northern lords were swearing to the father, I wouldn't put any anachronism past them.

I was enjoying this season up to The Climb, hopefully tonight was an anomaly.

I was really looking forward to the Roose, Brienne, Jamie dinner scene... I don't like this Roose. I want the leech lord, not this guy. Maybe not having Roose in Harrenhaal in season two was a blessing.

tauroxd

WKW's best movie.

Sorry for the off topic.

But no, I haven't seen the movie (thanks for the tip) but I remember the actor from his role in Lust, Caution.

But going into the topic, well yes, I'm afraid that some of this "new" things are hints of future books stuff.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Series
We really don't know what he wants...future he doesn't do things that would be considered good for the realm

Well... [Series]
Nothing that isn't good for the realm assuming he thinks the Targaryens should be in power again, and he does seem to be a Targ loyalist.

Of course that does bring into issue the [ADWD Fan Theory]
Speculation that Aegon is not actually a Targaryen (much less Aegon) but rather a Blackfyre...

Fey

Banned
Loved seeing that LF/Varys scene like in S1. Those were easily my favourite additions to the story in the first season.

edit: And yes Theon and his torturer were great, a really tough-to-watch scene. series
I told my friends who the torturer is last week because they kept asking and saying they don't care about spoilers, and one of the friends said he read a bit about Ramsay and said he read someone say he's worse than Joff. None of them believed that. I wonder if they do now ...

At first I thought they should have ended it with LF's speech but I think the ending they chose was good as well. Just last week we got a crappy ending for 4 of the characters so I think it was a nice to end it with a tender moment of hope.

A really good episode, with some really beautiful shots (two I liked were the ending shots of the view, and the shot of Sansa and Loras from behind with the pond).

ASOS
So bear pit scene is next week (yasssss). Is the Tyrion/Sansa wedding, too? Or was that said to be in episode 8?

Dysun

Another great episode in the best season yet.

+Thoros and Olenna are way better than their book counterparts and are great additions to the cast.
+Felt like the first time Aidan Gillen has had some good material to work with, his chat with Varys was chilling juxtaposed with Joff and Ros.
+Sophie Turner looked genuinely happy and then mortified
+Lame Lothar
+Ramsay/Theon flaying! Yay!

-Shae's actress shows no emotion even after hearing of Tyrion's impending nuptuals
-Bran's story is treading water

Book to TV confirmation
Did the show just confirm that Joff ordered the hit on Tyrion during Blackwater?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom