• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

holy shit i had no idea people loved ros so much. people are saying it's anti-feminist?

it is tumblr, though.

There's this tumblr pic going around of all the woman in the show with text underneath it. "A woman can conquer" (dany) A woman can love (Cat) etc etc

And then there's Shae on it with "A woman can work". Like... she's a whore. Still, tumblr gonna tumblr I guess.

dubq

There's this tumblr pic going around of all the woman in the show with text underneath it. "A woman can conquer" (dany) A woman can love (Cat) etc etc

And then there's Shae on it with "A women can work". Like... she's a whore. Still, tumblr gonna tumblr I guess.
Tumblr should probably just hang itself.

njean777

ASOS:
when do you think they will get to the freys betrayal? I thought for sure they would end this season at the red wedding, not at Rob and Caitlyns death...

Azrael

This is really shaping up to be the series best season to date. Not having to cram an entire book into one season has given the material the space it needs to breathe. They have the freedom now to include more intimate character building scenes instead of rushing from one major plot point to the next. I've even enjoyed most of the changes from the book thus far. While it may have lacked the excitement of the fourth and fifth episodes, I can't think of a single complaint I have about this episode.

I liked the new scenes with the BwB and Mel and Tywin and Olenna (a much more memorable character on the show than in the book) and the great effects shots and action at the Wall (again, an improvement on the book IMO). Roose's line about Jaime "overplaying his...position" was my favorite of the night.

A few spoilery observations.

Melisandre's vision of Arya seems to foreshadow events which haven't even been hinted at in the books.

Jojen Reed's vision of Jon Snow surrounded by enemies on the wrong side of the Wall may have a less obvious interpretation. Is it a vision of the present with the wildlings, or the future with the White Walkers?

I don't think the books ever revealed who gave the order to Mandon Moore to kill Tyrion.

jett

D-Member
ADWD
That's where I thought she was going at first but then she said something that made me change my mind. I'll have to go through it in the rewatch to see.

Yep, this is exactly why I was like "wait, wait, now..."

Have you not actually read the books? :p ADWD
She's blinded.

ezrarh

So what do you guys think of the show making Littlefinger more transparently villanous? The way they depicted him here is a little different than what I remembered in the book.

njean777

asos
Episode 9 is when RW will occur.

ASOS:
so I am guessing that they will keep the red wedding for next season? That seems a little stupid imo. YOu are gonna piss off a lot of viewers that way. Wait does Red Wedding refer to Rob and Caitlyn? I always thought it pertained to Joffery....

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
When I heard GRRM was releasing a "best of" Tyrion book this fall this is how I felt.

GcCEnuP.jpg

Then again, his UK editor put it together.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
ASOS:
so I am guessing that they will keep the red wedding for next season? That seems a little stupid imo. YOu are gonna piss off a lot of viewers that way
You're confusing the names of things. [ASoS]
Red Wedding = Edmure's wedding where Robb and Cat die. Purple Wedding = Joffrey's wedding where Joffrey dies.

Fey

Banned
ASOS:
so I am guessing that they will keep the red wedding for next season? That seems a little stupid imo. YOu are gonna piss off a lot of viewers that way

ASOS
Huh? Red Wedding is happening in the 9th episode. Rob and Cat are dying then. Joffrey's wedding/death will happen sometime in season 4.

Macmanus

Thats what I thought at first until she said the thing about
"shutting them forever"

[AFFC] When a
faceless man sheds their appearance, they are gone forever. Jaqen H'ghar said as much. Melisandre was clearly eluding to that. Arya has already killed in the show. Stating she will simply kill more comes off as a limp prophecy by comparison.

Ziek

Question about Theon:

I've not read the books but I have been spoiled pretty heavily. I don't mind the spoils and can still enjoy the show. Therefore, I don't know what book these spoilers are from:

I understand what becomes of Theon in the books, but it seems pretty pointless. Why are they spending so much time on him being tortured? I would have rather watched a Dany scene instead, which there were none.

edit: guess its not really spoilery, but still

jett

D-Member
Question about Theon:

I've not read the books but I have been spoiled pretty heavily. I don't mind the spoils and can still enjoy the show. Therefore, I don't know what book these spoilers are from:

I understand what becomes of Theon in the books, but it seems pretty pointless. Why are they spending so much time on him being tortured? I would have rather watched a Dany scene instead, which there were none.

You can't just drop an actor for several years and then ask him to come back. He may be busy doing another job instead. While this is interesting to see unfold I'm not sure for how much longer will they be able to stretch the torturing business though.

Macmanus

Question about Theon:

Probably because GRRM has revealed
his import to the story. He plays incredibly heavily in ADWD, and is a POV character in the yet to be published sixth book. The viewers also need a connection (if tenuous) to the Iron Isles because they will be heavily featured in the upcoming seasons.

LordCanti

Ziek said:
Question about Theon:

If you really want to know (all series)
he's kind of the only one left in the North that can identify Bran and Rickon by the end of ADWD, which makes him incredibly valuable. Not only can he identify them, but he can vouch for the fact that he didn't kill either of them. He's still got a pretty big role to play.

Was probably my least favorite episode of the season. Some of the changes they made from the books are confusing, and I really don't think what is happening anywhere in the north is translating to TV well.

Torture scene was a bit too much for my tastes. Just showing a ripped off bit of skin as the aftermath would probably have done the trick.

dubq

I'm so glad the Song of the Seven got some love in this episode. This season has been pretty amazing for ASOIAF songs. ;)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You can't just drop an actor for several years and then ask him to come back. He may be busy doing another job instead. While this is interesting to see unfold I'm not sure for how much longer will they be able to stretch the torturing business though.

They REALLY should have held off introducing Theon again till halfway through this season. They seem to be moving far to quickly with this stuff.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
A final pic to end the night (copy image link for best viewing)

them salty tears

People thing that was graphic? Oh god.

[ASOS]
They're in for a rude awakening in 3 episodes :p Particularly if they go full-bore and have the whole wolfs-head thing, which I'm thinking they may not do with the RW.

cj_iwakura

People thing that was graphic? Oh god.

[ASOS]
They're in for a rude awakening in 3 episodes :p Particularly if they go full-bore and have the whole wolfs-head thing, which I'm thinking they may not do with the RW.

ASOS/Season 3
They did. An extra commented on a man's head sewn onto a wolf's corpse.

Lkr

So I haven't finished the episode, but people are mad about
ros dying? She is a nothing character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom