• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said he'd never do it because he's pissed off about Rome being cancelled.

In any case, he's assuredly making several times more money than anything HBO could possibly pay him being on Grey's Anatomy.

I think there was a follow up to that where he said him and Purefoy were just joking around with each other when they said that. He might have been at least a little serious though

Don't cry if you get spoiled about something inside or outside this thread either.

I think you could just edit the default script and then add this actual thread to the user scripts side. So remove neogaf.com/* and neogaf.net/* by adding them to user excude, and then add the neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?=57369990* to user include

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I think there was a follow up to that where he said him and Purefoy were just joking around with each other when they said that. He might have been at least a little serious though

I think you could just edit the default script and then add this actual thread to the user scripts side. So remove neogaf.com/* and neogaf.net/* by adding them to user excude, and then add the neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?=57369990* to user include
Won't stop being spoiled within this thread about what's going to happen in future episodes, like Ros dying in the previous episode.

He said he'd never do it because he's pissed off about Rome being cancelled.

In any case, he's assuredly making several times more money than anything HBO could possibly pay him being on Grey's Anatomy.

Every time that someone reminds me that Grey's Anatomy is still on the air my head explodes.

Spoiler from ASOS and AFFC
Is Ser Raynald Westerling considered dead? I know he is a small character but I thought it would be cool if he links up with the Blackfish.

Snake

Is Ser Raynald Westerling considered dead? I know he is a small character but I thought it would be cool if he links up with the Blackfish.

[ASOS and AFFC spoilers]
It is unknown, though the facts lean more towards death. After he was shot by the Freys and fell into the river, the last we heard of him was his mother asking Jaime to look into whether he is still alive. I am unaware of any hints that would imply he's alive.

But anything's possible.

FStop7

Banned
What I want to know is

[Major ASOS Spoiler]
When Tyrion shoots Tywin is he going to take a dump when he dies like he did in the book? That's a South Park moment of awkward hilarity.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
What I want to know is

[Major ASOS Spoiler]
When Tyrion shoots Tywin is he going to take a dump when he dies like he did in the book? That's a South Park moment of awkward hilarity.

ASOS
I still think the final scene of S4 needs to be Tyrion killing Tywin and Shae. Walking out of the bathroom, tossing the crossbow onto the bed and saying "Seems you don't shit gold, Father"

What I want to know is

[Major ASOS Spoiler]

Series
I highly doubt they will show it. But Tyrion would probably mention it in later seasons. It comes to his mind over and over again in ADWD.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
What I want to know is

[Major ASOS Spoiler]
It would be like a throwback to the gratuitous shot of his horse taking a shit in the throne room last season.
:lol

Noema

Is it sad that I kinda want my main man The Batch to be cast as
The Red Viper?
I'm too much of a fangirl.

Nothing sad about it.

ASOS/ AFFC
Just thinking about "You killed her. You raped her. You murdered her children" with dat voice sends shivers down my spine. One can dream. He would be sorta young for the part though. Isn't Obera Sand like 30 at the beginning of AFFC? It'd be weird for a character played by Cumberbatch to have a 30 year old daughter :p

ZeroRay

Disagree ASOS
I think the last shot is the axe

ASOS
The wannabe director/cinematographer in me wants the last scene to be total chaos outside the Twins - As Arya starts running towards the castle, the camera zooms closer and closer to her head and the cuts to the surrounding violence get more and more biased to that viewpoint; eventually turning the last shot into a first person view of her looking back to see the Hound charging her, and then, still in first person, have her rush to the drawbridge before it closes. As she reaches the edge of the rising bridge - that she can make if she simply jumps, the screen gets blurry as she falls slowly, face first into the ground. Cut to black.

vehn

This TV synopsis says that two weeks ago episode had "the gods judge the Hound..." But isn't it just The Lord of Light that judges him, so it would be god singular?

devilhawk

[ASOS and AFFC spoilers]
It is unknown, though the facts lean more towards death. After he was shot by the Freys and fell into the river, the last we heard of him was his mother asking Jaime to look into whether he is still alive. I am unaware of any hints that would imply he's alive.

But anything's possible.

Either way it bothers me. You think she would have been more upset about it. Especially if AFfC
she was in on the plan but not privy that it would end in death. We know she was in discussion with Tywin. What if her daughter went as the Freys were hoping? What would the mom have gotten out of this plan? Hell, she could have been at the wedding.
It seems as if the family's story is incomplete.

dubq

Nothing sad about it.

ASOS/ AFFC
Just thinking about "You killed her. You raped her. You murdered her children" with dat voice sends shivers down my spine. One can dream. He would be sorta young for the part though. Isn't Obera Sand like 30 at the beginning of AFFC? It'd be weird for a character played by Cumberbatch to have a 30 year old daughter :p

ASOS
She is 28 when Oberyn is killed in combat.. They could always make show-Obara younger, though.. Which they probably will anyway.

Nothing sad about it.

ASOS/ AFFC

Oh god, now I want it more. He would be totally perfect ahhhhh. And they could make Obera younger! Or something! It'd be worth it for those amazing lines in that voice.

Loofy

This TV synopsis says that two weeks ago episode had "the gods judge the Hound..." But isn't it just The Lord of Light that judges him, so it would be god singular?
That assumes the lord of the light exists or that hes the only god.

ASOS
The wannabe director/cinematographer in me wants the last scene to be total chaos outside the Twins - As Arya starts running towards the castle, the camera zooms closer and closer to her head and the cuts to the surrounding violence get more and more biased to that viewpoint; eventually turning the last shot into a first person view of her looking back to see the Hound charging her, and then, still in first person, have her rush to the drawbridge before it closes. As she reaches the edge of the rising bridge - that she can make if she simply jumps, the screen gets blurry as she falls slowly, face first into the ground. Cut to black.

Game of Thrones: Mirrors Edge edition?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
ASOS
I personally don't really think they're going to do the Arya/Hound cliffhanger thing at the Red Wedding, or they'll make it obvious that he's just trying to protect her. And everybody will be pissed about it no doubt. Also I'm like the only person on the planet apparently who never actually thought he killed her. I immediately assumed he hit her to stop her from running in.

Dany

Banned
+1 on episode 9

Beric kissing Cat the final shot of ep 10, even if people arent in favor of it

I hope they don't shy away form showing the brutality of the massacre because the actors /characters are so well loved. My favorite moment was seeing Cat go crazy freaking about her hair before ned would see it

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ASOS
I personally don't really think they're going to do the Arya/Hound cliffhanger thing at the Red Wedding, or they'll make it obvious that he's just trying to protect her. And everybody will be pissed about it no doubt. Also I'm like the only person on the planet apparently who never actually thought he killed her. I immediately assumed he hit her to stop her from running in.

Series
Same. Martin might like to kill characters, but I'd like to think he's not so bad a writer as to totally invalidate a characters journey, which is what Arya's death would have meant. Ned's death served to advance the story, Arya's death would have been totally pointless.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
ASOS

Series
Same. Martin might like to kill characters, but I'd like to think he's not so bad a writer as to totally invalidate a characters journey, which is what Arya's death would have meant. Ned's death served to advance the story, Arya's death would have been totally pointless.
I didn't think she died at all at that part either. It's funny because since I trust him as a good writer I also knew Theon hadn't killed Bran when he said he did. I didn't know what was up exactly until it was explained, but I didn't believe Bran to be dead because his arch was clearly far from over.

Eidan

Series

Series
But that's because Arya is largely pointless.

ASOS and AFFC
by now it's safe to assume that if someone doesn't die on page, they probably aren't dead. There must be a reason for that information being given - not just him freeing Grey Wolf, but escaping into the river. Unfortunately his name will probably doom him; north men would probably hang him as revenge, unless they find out the Freys are searching for him.

Series
But that's because Arya is largely pointless.
ADWD spoiler
and you know this how exactly. We don't know where Arya's story is going at this mid way point. Will she go to the Wall with Massey, will she be sent to King's Landing to kill someone, will she leave and do her own thing...we don't know[

Eidan

ADWD spoiler
and you know this how exactly. We don't know where Arya's story is going at this mid way point. Will she go to the Wall with Massey, will she be sent to King's Landing to kill someone, will she leave and do her own thing...we don't know[

Series
Since the moment Arya left King's Landing, her arc has been defined by how completely removed she is from the main narratives. I'd go so far as to say the vast majority of her story could have been cut, and nothing would be lost.

I have no doubt that Arya will somehow become significant again in the future...maybe she'll be tasked with killing a key player, who knows. But right now? Horseface has been pointless.

I didn't think she died at all at that part either. It's funny because since I trust him as a good writer I also knew Theon hadn't killed Bran when he said he did. I didn't know what was up exactly until it was explained, but I didn't believe Bran to be dead because his arch was clearly far from over.

to be fair, he built up ned's story to seem like he was going to the wall to talk about jon's mom

dubq

Series
Since the moment Arya left King's Landing, her arc has been defined by how completely removed she is from the main narratives. I'd go so far as to say the vast majority of her story could have been cut, and nothing would be lost.

I have no doubt that Arya will somehow become significant again in the future...maybe she'll be tasked with killing a key player, who knows. But right now? Horseface has been pointless.

Series
Ugh.. One of the more idiotic comments I've seen in this thread to be sure. Because everything has to have something to do with the battle for the throne/future of Westeros, directly, lest it be pointless? Give me a break. Just because Arya's story is distinctly her own, doesn't make it pointless.

Eidan

Series
Ugh.. One of the more idiotic comments I've seen in this thread to be sure. Because everything has to have something to do with the battle for the throne/future of Westeros, directly, lest it be pointless? Give me a break. Just because Arya's story is distinctly her own, doesn't make it pointless.

Series
Does every story need to be connected to the struggle for the Iron Throne or the future of Westeros? ...actually, yes. If they want to hold my interest. Those are the longest established storylines, and the ones I as a reader am most invested in.

If it makes you feel better, I also can't stand Bran's storyline for the most part, though he could possibly make a quick recovery.

Series

Plus I would say Arya's story with Harrenhal had a pretty big effect on the story.

Speevy

Banned
Arya's gonna have some bizarrely large role at the end of the story, like shooting Daeneyrys in the heart with an arrow.

Ah, true. I forgot.

I will agree that Arya's story is isolated to the main plot to some degree and her POVs were never my favorites in the books. Conversely, I actually always loved the Sansa POVs because we got to see a lot of the court politics at King's Landing as well as parts with Joffrey and the Hound. But I'm probably alone in that.

Eidan

I will agree that Arya's story is isolated to the main plot to some degree and her POVs were never my favorites in the books. Conversely, I actually always loved the Sansa POVs because we got to see a lot of the court politics at King's Landing as well as parts with Joffrey and the Hound. But I'm probably alone in that.

You are not. I feel the exact same way.

Dysun

Why argue with him about Arya, he actually thinks Sansa is a better character with more enjoyable chapters
It's like bizzarro world

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

I think the problem is at least Arya does something. Sansa does nothing but a look at other people, as she herself is totally uninteresting. She does what she's told, she never takes initiative. I like Sansa's chapters, in spite of Sansa.

Why argue with him about Arya, he actually thinks Sansa is a better character with more enjoyable chapters
It's like bizzarro world

Are you referring to me? Because it seems you're talking to no one. I actually never said that I thought Sansa was a better character, just that I found her chapters more interesting. And IMO they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom