• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dysun

Not you, we've had this dance with Eidan about Arya being a character who lacks relevance and the inevitable Sansa comparisons

Eidan

Not you, we've had this dance with Eidan about Arya being a character who lacks relevance and the inevitable Sansa comparisons

Sansa is the Key to the North, and everything about her development just registers with me more, probably because I think it fits better with the themes of the series.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Sansa is the Key to the North, and everything about her development just registers with me more, probably because I think it fits better with the themes of the series.

Series
Not really. The whole idea behind Sansa's being the key to the North is based on Littefinger's (and the Tyrell's and the Lanisters) belief that Bran and Rickon are dead. When one, or both of them resurface to the outside world, then Sansa will be useless again (though, she's useless now, just no one knows it yet).

Dany

Banned
Series
Not really. The whole idea behind Sansa's being the key to the North is based on Littefinger's (and the Tyrell's and the Lanisters) belief that Bran and Rickon are dead. When one, or both of them resurface to the outside world, then Sansa will be useless again (though, she's useless now, just no one knows it yet).
Series
Where is rickon?? he disappeared with Osha in SOS and isn't bran a fucking tree?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm honestly not even sure we will ever get a proper ending to this series. Or even come close to that.

Except some other guy writes it, of course.

Eidan

Series
Series
Well the fact that she is even considered a key part of the struggle for the North already puts her miles ahead of any of the other Stark children in terms of relevance. Add in the fact that I don't think Bran will become a player again in terms of taking Winterfell, and who the fuck knows about Rickon, and Sansa's importance to the plot feels pretty secure.

I also eagerly await seeing what kind of player Sansa becomes when she has learned all she needs to learn from Petyr.

ASOS
I personally don't really think they're going to do the Arya/Hound cliffhanger thing at the Red Wedding, or they'll make it obvious that he's just trying to protect her. And everybody will be pissed about it no doubt. Also I'm like the only person on the planet apparently who never actually thought he killed her. I immediately assumed he hit her to stop her from running in.

ASOS
Yeah, I didn't buy it for a second. It just made zero sense that he would kill her, and so I just figured he hit her with the flat.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
[series]
Wasn't it implied that they would have taken Harrenhal anyway, and Arya pretty much wasted her last kill by making Jaqen do that?
Yes.
The northmen said they were captured on purpose so they could take over Harrenhal from the inside because Vargo Hoat was going to hand over the castle to Roose Bolton.

Book 2, Chapter 48.
Arya enlists Jaqen's help in rescuing a group of newly-arrived northmen captives, who it turns out allowed themselves to be captured on purpose in order to take the castle. Roose Bolton arrives and takes charge of Harrenhal.

http://towerofthehand.com/books/102/048/

hayguyz

Banned
Two guys, D&D. But I'm sure GRRM will catch up eventually.

haha for reals

I've been thinking what will happen when the show catches up to GRRM and what the possibilities are. I've seen it somewhere that the creators said putting it on hold isn't an option, so all I see is D&D writing a conclusion with the events GRRM has told them. Then eventually GRRM will finish the books and everyone will talk about how the book ending is different and better than the show.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm confused as shit now. I've just seen what Melisandre's actress looks like in real life. She almost looks completely different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jybESxesupI

This is also a video that has the cast members trying to hum the opening song of Game of Thrones.

Dat black-haired Lena Headey. Rrrrrrrrrr.

Also Sansa is adorable in this video! (All of those are pretty funny though)

kirblar

haha for reals

I've been thinking what will happen when the show catches up to GRRM and what the possibilities are. I've seen it somewhere that the creators said putting it on hold isn't an option, so all I see is D&D writing a conclusion with the events GRRM has told them. Then eventually GRRM will finish the books and everyone will talk about how the book ending is different and better than the show.
I doubt they would pull a "Fullmetal Alchemist" with the show.

Pretty sure she makes J'aqen help her stage an uprising which lets Roose Bolton take Harrenhal. But it's been a while since I've read ACOK.

I think that would have happened anyway though. ACOK
She causes the whole weasel soup thing to happen, but the Bloody Mummers were still going to free those prisoners they brought back to Harrenhal anyway. Shit was already going down when her plan happened. It was like an Inglourious Basterds type situation. I think the Mummers probably could have taken the castle without Arya even doing anything

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Since tomorrow is Mother's Day.

7W1k2jM.jpg
0EnJyjL.jpg

7QRGv9u.jpg
axWzYDk.jpg

ahVrM2j.jpg
81adchH.jpg

PsOv4kd.jpg
ilB4bp8.jpg

8iZUhCT.jpg
(Isn't she his great grandmother?)

NSFW?
http://i.imgur.com/Hux3Kmd.jpg
http://www.happyplace.com/23803/game-of-thrones-mothers-day-cards

Yonafunu

Just the one album, she only started singing live half a year ago.

IMO, she's a decent actress and a mediocre singer and very overexposed in the Netherlands.

Come on, it's not that bad. I haven't seen her on tv for quite a while.
I do agree about her singing though, there's nothing especially remarkable about it, imo. I do like her as an actress, she's great.

Subitai

Man, finally got around to the BS report this week. Listening to two non-book readers is really interesting. They really don't realize yet how much has been painfully cut and that there is no wasted time. Everything they show is for at least one reason, or possibly multiple reasons. They miss sexposition and are confused about half the show.

44 min GoT talk starts if you don't want to hear about NBA playoff basketball.
http://c.espnradio.com/audio/1719028/bsreport_2013-05-07-172628.48.mp3?ad_params=zones%3DPreroll%2CMidroll%2CPostroll%7Cstation_id%3D598

dubq

Just the one album, she only started singing live half a year ago.

IMO, she's a decent actress and a mediocre singer and very overexposed in the Netherlands.
I thought Black Book was considered one of her albums since she sung all of the tracks on it, no?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I was just pondering here, did we get that Varys line to Tyrion from the trailer yet? "The revenge you want will be yours in time."

The throne is in debt to multiple lenders, including the Iron Bank of Braavos.

I don't remember what episode that was this season (the one with Tyrion taking over for Littlefinger I think) but the name dropping of the Iron Bank of Braavos was cool.

What is going on [Episode Screencap spoilers/speculation]
with Theon? Is Ramsay going to tease Theon with a bunch of naked ladies and then come in and then chop his balls off? That would fit his M.O.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
regarding the spoiler pics ADWD
Looks like Theon will be losing the old penis tonight. I thought as much based on the last preview but those shots seem to confirm that he does and is tormented with women after.

Also, general based on pics only
Thrilled to see Tywin and Joffrey interact.

Should be an excellent episode.

Ahh geez, I'm not sure how much more I can take of the Theon scenes. They're really well acted and all, but they're every bit as horrifying as one would imagine from the books. Ugh.

Also glad to see we're finally getting the Joffrey/Tywin scene we've all been waiting for. It would be great to see someone actually fight back against Tywin (besides Olenna) and show him some sass. While Joffrey could never hold himself in an argument against Tywin, I doubt he'll get shut down as easily as Tyrion or Cersei.

Damn can't wait to watch this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom