• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
castration usually removes the testes while the penis remains intact.

ADWD
All the implications in the book are that Ramsay chopped his member and not his balls. Kind of worse, when you think about it. Removing the testes removes the sex drive and desire. Take his penis, but not his balls, and he's got the desire and nothing to release it with.

Mario007

I'm a non book reader but I recently watched the lore videos from the blu ray. Could someone tell me why did Rheagar kidnap Neds sister?

Hmm, where at?

As I said above, in several chapters in ADWD.
"he took a few fingers, a few toes, and that other thing", Ramsay asks him to get his wife ready for him and Theon says "but my lord, I have no..." "with your tongue, Reek". He also talks about never knowing the pleasure of a woman again.

Yeeeep okay even as a full book reader and looking at those leaked pics, I'm out in terms of spoiling myself and going on a blackout. Part of what I enjoy about the show is seeing how things are going to play out, and I don't want to ruin what could be some of the best episodes the show has seen. I wish I hadn't looked at the pics spoiling Ros's death and I'm feeling that way even moreso about these new leaked pics.

I'll see you crazies after the episode.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeeeep okay even as a full book reader and looking at those leaked pics, I'm out in terms of spoiling myself and going on a blackout. Part of what I enjoy about the show is seeing how things are going to play out, and I don't want to ruin what could be some of the best episodes the show has seen. I wish I hadn't looked at the pics spoiling Ros's death and I'm feeling that way even moreso about these new leaked pics.

I'll see you crazies after the episode.
I'm starting to feel the same. I used to not care about episode spoilers and pictures since I was always caught up to the corresponding book, but deadros.jpg was a game changer.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm a non book reader but I recently watched the lore videos from the blu ray. Could someone tell me why did Rheagar kidnap Neds sister?

That's a big old can of worms as far as theories and speculation goes, but the simple answer is that
he loves her

Well I was going to ask that we keep the "leaked" pics to PMs this week, but whelp too late on that one lol! How do you guys feel about that assuming that policy if some countries continue to get the episode a few hours before? Personally, I think we should keep them to the PMs, we already know so much and getting spoiled on it even more is pretty annoying (I'm so weak!). Whatever you guys want though I guess.

---------------------------------

Couple things about tonight's episode of excitement: This is George's script and is also the first of two Michelle MacLaren directed episodes.

tmdorsey

Well I was going to ask that we keep the "leaked" pics to PMs this week, but whelp too late on that one lol! How do you guys feel about that assuming that policy if some countries continue to get the episode a few hours before? Personally, I think we should keep them to the PMs, we already know so much and getting spoiled on it even more is pretty annoying (I'm so weak!). Whatever you guys want though I guess.

---------------------------------

Couple things about tonight's episode of excitement: This is George's script and is also the first of two Michelle MacLaren directed episodes.

I would be for keeping them to PMs. The leaked pics lead to spoiler tag discussion which can be hard to distinguish from spoiler tag book discussion.

New episode tonight: The Bear and the Maiden Fair

Daenerys exchanges gifts with a slave lord outside Yunkai. As Sansa frets about her prospects, Shae chafes at Tyrion’s new situation. Tywin counsels the king, and Melisandre reveals a secret to Gendry. Brienne faces a formidable foe in Harrenhal.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Keeping spoiler links to PMs is never ideal because we get post after post with "can someone PM me the link please?". Better solution is always to post with appropriate warnings/tags, something this thread is generally good at. If you don't want them posted because you'll feel like clicking, just have some self control. :lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Keeping spoiler links to PMs is never ideal because we get post after post with "can someone PM me the link please?". Better solution is always to post with appropriate warnings/tags, something this thread is generally good at. If you don't want them posted because you'll feel like clicking, just have some self control. :lol
I agree. I propose we use the tag [LEAK] before spoiler tags when talking about leaked content.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
What do you mean?

Cool, as I've said I can actually accept this. It's just a pretty significant thing to kinda have explained given that it pretty much started the rebellion.

I think it was ignored because they can't really drop the info as subtly as in a giant book, especially with the implications the fandom sees in the story.

series (just a common piece of speculation, but spoilering anyways)
Ned's sister made him promise her something before her death. We don't know what it was. There is a popular fan theory that the promise was to raise her and Rhaegar's son as his own and that they are Jon's parents. Certainly fits as the only survivors of the battle where she was killed were Ned and one of his very trusted friends, Howland Reed (father of the two with Bran).

exYle

What do you mean?

There is heavy speculation amongst fans that [SERIES]
Rhaegar and Lyanna loved each other, and eloped together or something. In this case, Rhaegar wouldn't have kidnapped Lyanna at all - she would've willingly gone with him. Of course, Robert and the rest of the Starks didn't consider that possibility at all, and thus Robert's Rebellion.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
What do you mean?

Cool, as I've said I can actually accept this. It's just a pretty significant thing to kinda have explained given that it pretty much started the rebellion.

It hasn't been explained, and if/when it is it'll explain a whole bunch of shit.

series
like if Jon Snow is Rheagar/Lyannas son instead of Eddard "missionary is exciting to me and I never do anything dishonorable especially whores" Stark's bastard and Lyanna made him promise to never tell Robert, because she knew he'd kill her baby.

At the very least, what happened at the Tower of Joy and what Lyanna made Ned promise is easily my most anticipated reveal in the series.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It hasn't been explained, and if/when it is it'll explain a whole bunch of shit.

series
like if Jon Snow is Rheagar/Lyannas son instead of Eddard "missionary is exciting to me and I never do anything dishonorable especially whores" Stark's bastard and Lyanna made him promise to never tell Robert, because she knew he'd kill her baby.

At the very least, what happened at the Tower of Joy and what Lyanna made Ned promise is easily my most anticipated reveal in the series.

There is certainly a lot to back up the theory.

ADWD
If Griff is Aegon, then it also adds in a nice bit of literary balance with there being three descendants of Aegon and three Dragons.

My only issue with the theory is the belief that Ned would not have at least told Catelyn, and thus made a much happier life for Jon with her knowing he's not his bastard. Though I guess if that had happened, Jon likely would have served with Robb in the war, and almost certainly have been killed at the RW. And I guess there's no case that we've seen of a bastard being accepted by a lord's wife.

Yeah in previous years the show always showed up in the US first.

This year they are trying harder to have the show air the same day in various countries to combat piracy. But Russia can be half a day ahead of the US, so this is happening.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
There is certainly a lot to back up the theory.

ADWD
If Griff is Aegon, then it also adds in a nice bit of literary balance with there being three descendants of Aegon and three Dragons.

My only issue with the theory is the belief that Ned would not have at least told Catelyn, and thus made a much happier life for Jon with her knowing he's not his bastard. Though I guess if that had happened, Jon likely would have served with Robb in the war, and almost certainly have been killed at the RW...

His dumb ass sense of honor means no one.
If she was not as harsh at first Ned wouldn't have a reason to tell her, and if he told her after she started treating him publicly like shit, people would get suspicious as to why her change of heart. Or maybe it's a plot device to make sure the only person living that knows the truth is Howland Reed.

ACOK
The books make it much more clear that Danerys has prophetic dreams now and again, and in the house of the undying she sees a vision of Rheagar talking to Elia where he mentions that the dragon must have three heads, and seems to make eye contact with Dany, suggesting he had a greenseer/prophetic dreams as well. It makes him much more heroic to think he rode to his death knowingly, setting in motion the 3 Targerayen children that will presumably bring peace to Westeros/defeat the Others. Dany also only has a real connection with Drogon, suggesting the other two are for someone else.

Prequel book following Rheagar and his adventures plz?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
If she was not as harsh at first Ned wouldn't have a reason to tell her, and if he told her after she started treating him publicly like shit, people would get suspicious as to why her change of heart. Or maybe it's a plot device to make sure the only person living that knows the truth is Howland Reed.

Fair enough.
I guess there no case we've seen in the book of a bastard being treated well by his lord's wife. Even if Ned has said something immediately to her, perhaps a highborn lady such as Cat not caring about her husbands bastard would arouse suspicion in itself.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Fair enough.
I guess there no case we've seen in the book of a bastard being treated well by his lord's wife. Even if Ned has said something immediately to her, perhaps a highborn lady such as Cat not caring about her husbands bastard would arouse suspicion in itself.

Whats more fair as well? Giving her the burden of knowing he's just a bastard, and putting the blame on himself. Or telling her he's the rightful heir to the seven kingdoms, and him simply being there is a threat to all their lives if Robert found out?

Dysun

ACOK
The books make it much more clear that Danerys has prophetic dreams now and again, and in the house of the undying she sees a vision of Rheagar talking to Elia where he mentions that the dragon must have three heads, and seems to make eye contact with her, suggesting he had a greenseer/prophetic dreams as well. It makes him much more heroic to think he rode to his death knowingly, setting in motion the 3 Targerayen children that will presumably bring peace to Westeros/defeat the Others. Dany also only has a real connection with Drogon, suggesting the other two are for someone else.

Prequel book following Rheagar and his adventures plz?

You bring up a good point with Rhaegar's prophecies, I always wondered what he thought riding into battle at the Trident. Did he expect to stop Robert right then and there and return to King's Landing and depose of his Father? Did he plan to have two wives as the King or as you said, did he know that his death would be the first step in the Prince that was Promised legend?

Mario007

I think it was ignored because they can't really drop the info as subtly as in a giant book, especially with the implications the fandom sees in the story.

series (just a common piece of speculation, but spoilering anyways)
Ned's sister made him promise her something before her death. We don't know what it was. There is a popular fan theory that the promise was to raise her and Rhaegar's son as his own and that they are Jon's parents. Certainly fits as the only survivors of the battle where she was killed were Ned and one of his very trusted friends, Howland Reed (father of the two with Bran).

There is heavy speculation amongst fans that [SERIES]
Rhaegar and Lyanna loved each other, and eloped together or something. In this case, Rhaegar wouldn't have kidnapped Lyanna at all - she would've willingly gone with him. Of course, Robert and the rest of the Starks didn't consider that possibility at all, and thus Robert's Rebellion.

series

Wow thanks guys. The great thing about this is that I'll probably forget it by the time I'll start reading the books (i.e. when the series will be concluded in either book or TV form) but that's some very interesting theories. Funny it was never mentioned on the show, in fact Ned's sister is only referred to as being burnt by the Mad King in S1 if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom