• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah I don't know.

The Tywin/Jeoffrey moment and the Bear pit just didn't live up for me. They weren't bad, I just had lofty expectations.

Amir0x

Banned
it was just a janky episode. to me it seems pretty typical Game of Thrones TV show quality, which is to say pretty middling with some occasional moments of brilliance

I don't know what you guys are talking about, that was a great episode.

The characterizations were right on, and finally the various motivations for characters that the show hasn't done a good job explaining are done.

The only weak part was Emilia Clarke's acting. She felt a little wooden in the negotiations scene, not enough fire in her voice.

FStop7

Banned
A lot of people in the non book thread are complaining about how dragged out the Theon stuff is. I really agree. Obviously they have to keep the actor in the show but this drip drip drip pacing isn't working.

Pkaz01

A lot of people in the non book thread are complaining about how dragged out the Theon stuff is. I really agree. Obviously they have to keep the actor in the show but this drip drip drip pacing isn't working.

Its the same shit over and over and over and he has been in a lot of episodes. Add to the fact that they still havent revealed who is torturing him its getting old fast. 5 episodes of trolling is enough 8? just wasting time

jett

D-Member
One of the weaker episodes of the season, although it did have its moments. Pretty disappointing that this was the GRMM-written ep. Looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

Yeah I don't know.

The Tywin/Jeoffrey moment and the Bear pit just didn't live up for me. They weren't bad, I just had lofty expectations.

ASoS
Re: Tywin and Joffrey, this was probably just build up since there's a confrontation between them in the last episode this season.

Episode was okay. I think that they could've done without a couple of the storylines this week (Bran, and the Melisandre/Gendry stuff.)

Bear pit scene was pretty disappointing. Whole thing just happened too quickly. Needed more shots of Jaime looking down into the pit before he actually jumped in there

I loved episode. Love that Melissandre revealed her past as a slave, loved the Jon Ygritte character development. Loved the "keep your vows and I'll consider the debt paid" line for Brienne, finally the Brienne I remember from the books.

Zios

Banned
This show is going to roll over and die after season 5... Too much build up in order to make the ending seasons go out in a bang while being so damn boring. How the hell will they make book 4 interesting for people? good lord

aceface

There were some good scenes. The Jon/Ygritte scene with the windmill was the best Jon scene that the show's had so far. I liked the Tyrion/Shae scene ASOS
Introducing the gold chains yo!
Sansa scene made me laugh.

Of course GRRM's episode has the most nude women of any ep this season.

ezrarh

Yeah, bear scene was disappointing but my expectations were pretty high. Nothing too remarkable about the episode actually but it wasn't bad.

BUT

We will get some very good Oona gifs out of this

ezrarh

ASOS
Them taking the time to build up the different relationships will make the death scenes worth it though. Robb/Talisa, Jon/Ygritte, and even Tyrion/Shae. Gonna be emotionally bad for a lot of people.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Gods, Sansa is so hilariously dumb.

"Did your mother teach you that?"

AFFC/ADWD
Thought that scene does add intrigue to the Cersei/Margery trials when they happen in the later seasons.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ASOS
If they kill Blackfish at the wedding, I'm going to be very displeased...

Maybe they're doing to to add some weight to the moment for book readers...

I think starting next week ASOS
They take him down and tell him his name is Reek.

I think the Reek reveal will be the end of the season.

Zabka

ASOS
Them taking the time to build up the different relationships will make the death scenes worth it though. Robb/Talisa, Jon/Ygritte, and even Tyrion/Shae. Gonna be emotionally bad for a lot of people.

Yup, this is why I loved this episode. The Jon and Ygritte stuff was great. Not surprising to hear Osha's backstory in a GRRM episode either since he's a big fan of her portrayal.

ultron87

Oh thank god we finally know the guy messing with Theon is a horrible person. I never would have been able to figure this out without all the torture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom