• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

vmxENvv.jpg

pnRNR56.png
xxe8rej.png

xK0AG2a.png
nwDCVOd.png

Steely - is there a plan in place for the inevitable screenshot leakage tomorrow morning? I wasn't sure if there was a final decision made as to what to do about those.

Carice also posted a Vine

"Something nice? Go fuck yourself" lol
Heh, good times. Liam Cunningham seems like a cool dude.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Steely - is there a plan in place for the inevitable screenshot leakage tomorrow morning? I wasn't sure if there was a final decision made as to what to do about those.
They should be posted in here in spoiler tags and any discussion should be preceded by [LEAK] and spoilered. If people can't help themselves from looking at them then that's their problem.

Heh, good times. Liam Cunningham seems like a cool dude.

Here's what I'm thinking: All leaked screens and discussion of that needs to be tagged with a LEAK spoilers tag.

I think that will work for the last three episodes, I certainly don't want to have yet another thread. I'll post that as a reminder later tonight and tomorrow morning.

Yea, Liam seems like a fun guy.

cashman

Banned
So, regarding how the TV show is telegraphing or not telegraphing certain things

ASOS
So I was listening to the Grantland Hollywood Prospectus podcast (which is pretty awesome, you should give it a listen), and one of the hosts who's a true show-watcher and has never touched the books totally called the RW. He said that Robb's dialog, especially with his wife, is reminding him of the first scene of a horror movie, or of McBain's Danny Glover partner from the Simpsons and how he bought a boat called "Live Forever". I really hope it's not as obvious for other folks experiencing the story for the first time. Anyone's friends make any similar predictions?

ASOS
I hate how they are telegraphing Littlefinger helping Sansa escape in the show. It was an awesome moment when I read that in the book

Snake

ASOS
I hate how they are telegraphing Littlefinger helping Sansa escape in the show. It was an awesome moment when I read that in the book

[ASOS]
I thought the same at first, but now they've established that Sansa "missed her ship" in a fairly permanent way. Now they can have Littlefinger show up out of nowhere halfway into Season 4 and still have it be fairly surprising to the audience. Depending on when Joffrey's wedding is, they could even do an abbreviated Dontos plot if they want.

[ASOS]
I thought the same at first, but now they've established that Sansa "missed her ship" in a fairly permanent way. Now they can have Littlefinger show up out of nowhere halfway into Season 4 and still have it be fairly surprising to the audience. Depending on when Joffrey's wedding is, they could even do an abbreviated Dontos plot if they want.

I am actually expecting the latter of your spoiler to occur through out season 4.

cashman

Banned
[ASOS]

That would be pretty interesting if they decide to go in that direction.

GRIP

Fuck. That last page really got my hopes up for something that I know isn't going to happen. Is there something in the books that might lead to this actually happening on the show???? Anything???

I feel like a huge pervert for asking, but I'm asking.

Ugh, another idiot in the NO BOOK thread is spoiling stuff. Why can't people understand the rules?

On topic, I am looking forward to this week's episode, hopefully it's a little bit more exciting than last week's.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck. That last page really got my hopes up for something that I know isn't going to happen. Is there something in the books that might lead to this actually happening on the show???? Anything???

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, that character is a child in the books.

Ugh, another idiot in the NO BOOK thread is spoiling stuff. Why can't people understand the rules?

On topic, I am looking forward to this week's episode, hopefully it's a little bit more exciting than last week's.

Sent them a PM.

Also, what the hell at Sophie's Vine post?!

-------------------------------

Some Iwan Rheon tweets (Series Spoilers)

------------------------------

I'll drop this again in the morning, but as a reminder when the screens "leak" for tomorrow's episode, all links and discussion about this should be tagged with LEAK. In fact, if people could use the "highlight" function that would be one better: LEAK

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I don't think this was posted this week: Facebook recap for episode 7 (there's a NSFW image)

The bear's comments lol

Haven't checked these since the first ep, but this one's great.

Dany: "When I reclaim my land, I shall spare that ass" XD

'Master Qyburn pinned Jaime's stump to his Pinterest board Great Stumps''

The best commentaries on the S2 blu ray were liam and carice they have good chemistry

That's because they used to bang
I think

Lirlond

Sent them a PM.

I'll drop this again in the morning, but as a reminder when the screens "leak" for tomorrow's episode, all links and discussion about this should be tagged with LEAK. In fact, if people could use the "highlight" function that would be one better: LEAK

I guess he's just trying to throw people before the big reveal so they don't wiki him. Or he's just gonna be ramsay Bolton?

If you're talking about hot lesbian action between Dany and Missandei, it didn't happen in the book, but it did happen between Dany and one of her handmaidens.

Sent them a PM.

Before the show started, some interviewer told him "So you're playing ****, what are your thoughts", he laughed and said "Well I'm not allowed to say who I am playing"

New Episode Tonight: Second Sons

King’s Landing hosts a wedding, and Tyrion and Sansa spend the night together. Daenerys meets the Titan’s Bastard. Davos demands proof from Melisandre. Sam and Gilly meet an older gentleman.

Levi

Banned
New Episode Tonight: Second Sons

ASOS ADWD
We only see the one group of three sellswords treating with Dany, so I'm fairly certain that means no Stormcrows.

I hope they don't cut the presentation of the heads! I hope the dragons eat those heads!

Putting Daario in the Second Sons will have ripple effects in Dance-- his Stormcrows stay true while Plumm's Second Son's betray Dany. If they've combined the two companies, they can't obviously both betray and stay true.

And if the Second Son's aren't outside the gates of Meereen, Tyrion can't join them.

Edited out my embarrassing character confusion. I need Elio to fact check my posts from note on. :)

ASOS ADWD
They are doing something weird with the Titan's Bastard. Is that meant to be him as the leader of the Second Son's? Have they combined the three sellsword companies AND the Titan's Bastard into one thing?

The Titan's Bastard was the leader of the Second Sons in the books. Brown Ben only took over the group after the battle at Yunkai, and then joined Dany. Also, he was killed by Barristan in the books, not Belwas.

Levi

Banned
The Titan's Bastard was the leader of the Second Sons in the books. Brown Ben only took over the group after the battle at Yunkai, and then joined Dany. Also, he was killed by Barristan in the books, not Belwas.

Oh fuck. Got him confused with a completely different character.

I think I'm almost as curious about the promo for episode 9 as I am episode 8 tonight. [ASoS]
Will they end up spoiling it in the preview? Or do they just go total misdirection? Like, I remember last year they hyped up Blackwater with their own little promos of the battle. Especially with the week off this year, do they do anything like that? I hope they just play it off like any other episode. Then again did they do anything out of the ordinary with the episode 9 promo for season 1?

There wont be any leaks this week, HBO supposedly plugged it.

That's good to know. Especially with the end of the season coming up.

What do you mean by leaks? You mean episode previews?

They weren't technically leaks, but the episodes would initially be available several hours before the east coast airing in the US in Russia and people were posting screencaps online.

Edit: beaten like Sansa Theon.

Speevy

Banned
I think I'm almost as curious about the promo for episode 9 as I am episode 8 tonight. [ASoS]
Will they end up spoiling it in the preview? Or do they just go total misdirection? Like, I remember last year they hyped up Blackwater with their own little promos of the battle. Especially with the week off this year, do they do anything like that? I hope they just play it off like any other episode. Then again did they do anything out of the ordinary with the episode 9 promo for season 1?

That's good to know. Especially with the end of the season coming up.

It's gonna be something like (ASOS)
Next week... "We need this wedding if we're to have any chance." "I don't know about this, Robb." *Dany talking about politics across the ocean* *random flashes of people doing things other than killing Cat and Robb* and done.

MNC

Coldhands
! Really interested in seeing it.

Also, I went to the expo :D Good to see the stuff, but you only got 20 minutes to look at stuff. When the 20 minutes were over, they'd announce it over intercom and force you to leave. Luckily, we were waiting in the line for the throne so they couldn't make us leave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom