• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm almost as curious about the promo for episode 9 as I am episode 8 tonight. [ASoS]
Will they end up spoiling it in the preview? Or do they just go total misdirection? Like, I remember last year they hyped up Blackwater with their own little promos of the battle. Especially with the week off this year, do they do anything like that? I hope they just play it off like any other episode. Then again did they do anything out of the ordinary with the episode 9 promo for season 1?

That's good to know. Especially with the end of the season coming up.

I hope they follow Sopranos rules. Exciting montage with somebody firing a gun = nothing happens. Boring preview of Tony talking to Carmella = one of the main cast getting wacked.

Also I hope all the people in this thread are careful the next two weeks since even saying "oooh, this next ep is gonna be incredible!" can spoil some of the suspense.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Also, I went to the expo :D Good to see the stuff, but you only got 20 minutes to look at stuff. When the 20 minutes were over, they'd announce it over intercom and force you to leave. Luckily, we were waiting in the line for the throne so they couldn't make us leave!
Whoa, what? That sucks. I went to that same expo in Toronto, and there was a waiting line, but you had all the time you wanted once you'd get in. Were there just too many people there, or what?

Although I have to say, the locale of the expo was muuuuch cooler in yours than the one in Toronto (which was at the Toronto stock exchange or something, lol booooring). Is that some sort of old church or castle? Looks badass.

Majmun

Hahahaha

tumblr_lnyef5RLVb1qhhhaco1_500.jpg

I'm cackling like a little girl

Spoilers dropped on 4chan /tv/ apparently.

Series/Leak/description of a scene this week
Roose goes to the Dreadfort and has a scene with Ramsay!! :-D

!!

Spoilers dropped on 4chan /tv/ apparently.

Series/Leak/description of a scene this week
Roose goes to the Dreadfort and has a scene with Ramsay!! :-D

!!

I hope this is fake, or that Theon is a captive at a fort near the Twins. Can't say I like the idea of Roose Bolton travelling from Harrenhall to the Dreadfort and then to the Twins within two episodes. On the other hand, I really like the idea of Ramsay showing Theon the aftermatch of the Red Wedding. Seeing his "family" slaughtered should break him even further.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I hope this is fake, or that Theon is a captive at a fort near the Twins. Can't say I like the idea of Roose Bolton travelling from Harrenhall to the Dreadfort and then to the Twins within two episodes. On the other hand, I really like the idea of Ramsay showing Theon the aftermatch of the Red Wedding.

Some of the other "spoilers" are way worse. I really hope they aren't true.

SPOILERS/LEAK/FAKE WHO KNOWS BE CAREFUL THOUGH

Tywin and Shae have sex but it's "tastefully done." It's intercut during the Tyrion/Sansa wedding. Tywin and Shae are doing it doggstyle.
Coldhands is confirmed to be Waymar Royce
No Sam the Slayer this episode.
Balon falls off a bridge and dies. He has a funeral after the leeches scene and Asha is there.
Roose stops at the Dreadfort to meet Ramsay
Lysa is in next week's episode.
Bath scene between Missandei and Emilia but no nudity.
Cersei does not tell the story behind Rains of Castamere. Cersei's quote is her talking about the sack of King's Landing.

cj_iwakura

If the leak got plugged, how could they be legit? I'm glad it was, though. I had no restraint since I've read the books, and still got shocked.

Tywin and Shae have sex but it's "tastefully done." It's intercut during the Tyrion/Sansa wedding. Tywin and Shae are doing it doggstyle.
No Sam the Slayer this episode.
Balon falls off a bridge and dies. He has a funeral after the leeches scene and Asha is there.
Roose stops at the Dreadfort to meet Ramsay
Lysa is in next week's episode.
Cersei does not tell the story behind Rains of Castamere. Cersei's quote is her talking about the sack of King's Landing.

Well, that put my mind at ease. Those spoilers are too rediculous to be true.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lkr

no way those spoilers are real. please no.
michael-scott-noooooooooo-o.gif

ASOS
what will HBO do when the show viewers realize that ep9 means shit is about to go down? i guess there is no way that joffrey dies in ep9 next season though, it'd have to be a lot earlier in the season

Noema

no way those spoilers are real. please no.
michael-scott-noooooooooo-o.gif

ASOS
what will HBO do when the show viewers realize that ep9 means shit is about to go down? i guess there is no way that joffrey dies in ep9 next season though, it'd have to be a lot earlier in the season

ASOS
Purple wedding will probably be on the second or third episode. Episode 8 is Red Viper vs. Mountain. My guess is that Ep. 9 next season will be the epic defense of the northern side of the wall. CGI-fest full of Mamoths and Giants (and the Turtle!). Ep. 10 will be Jon being elected Lord Commander+Tyrion Escaping and realizing Tywin doesn't shit gold+ Littlefinger shoving Lysa to her doom.

Linius

Whoa, what? That sucks. I went to that same expo in Toronto, and there was a waiting line, but you had all the time you wanted once you'd get in. Were there just too many people there, or what?

Although I have to say, the locale of the expo was muuuuch cooler in yours than the one in Toronto (which was at the Toronto stock exchange or something, lol booooring). Is that some sort of old church or castle? Looks badass.

It's in a church (posthoornkerk if you wanna look it up). I went as well today, was great to see it. And I have my throne picture so I'm happy :p

Pic from outside in front of the church.

ShaneB

I just finished reading ASOS, so I guess this is now my home for the show for the next few weeks :)

I wanted to take a break from reading the series, but how can I stop now with that ending in ASOS?! God dammit
KuGsj.gif

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm on the laptop at the moment and don't have that plugin that automatically reveals spoilers, for once. Now I'm afraid to look at those so-called spoilers, haha...

Hindle

Banned
One thing I really appreciate is the chemistry between Tyrion and Tywin. They've really nailed that relationship on the show.

Those 2 alone make me think those "spoilers" are horseshit. At least I hope so.

[ASoS MAJOR spoilers /Show speculation]
Why the hell would they bring back Waymar Royce as Coldhands? Seriously? Nobody would have any clue who that was.

The Tywin and Shae stuff... sure, the show is pretty heavy handed but even then I can't think they'd be THAT heavy handed with that plot point so long before Tyrion's trial. Nevermind that Tywin should be at Tyrion's wedding, so some kind of montage like intercutting of Tywin screwing Shae while Tyrion is getting married wouldn't even make much sense.

Those just seem too absurd for even the show- with Coldhands at least, I'd think they'd keep his identity a mystery, if not just to string people along. Nevermind bothering to "reveal" who he was when its a character that appeared all of 5 seconds on the show in the very first episode?

Edit: Good, Cogman confirmed they're fake.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ASOS
Purple wedding will probably be on the second or third episode. Episode 8 is Red Viper vs. Mountain. My guess is that Ep. 9 next season will be the epic defense of the northern side of the wall. CGI-fest full of Mamoths and Giants (and the Turtle!). Ep. 10 will be Jon being elected Lord Commander+Tyrion Escaping and realizing Tywin doesn't shit gold+ Littlefinger shoving Lysa to her doom.

ASOS
I really think Mountain vs. Viper will be the big episode 9 thing. If Jon escapes at the end of this season, and returns to Castle Black, we're going to see both the first small skirmish at Castle Black in the first episode probably, and they can't hold the big battle 8 episodes. I think we'll see the big battle in the middle of the season. They can't just do one episode after the Wall Battle and have Jon arrested by Janos, thrown into an Ice Cell, released, attempt to kill Mance, have Stannis show up, and then get elected Lord Commander. I think we'll see the battle in the middle, and maybe Jon's episode 9 arc is him released and sent to parlay with Mance, and try and kill him, and that's when Stannis shows up. Episode 10 will be the election.

And in regards to the leaked possible spoilers.
I will be very disappointed if we see Tywin and Shae together at any point prior to Tyrion killing them both.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Those 2 alone make me think those "spoilers" are horseshit. At least I hope so.

[ASoS MAJOR spoilers /Show speculation]
Why the hell would they bring back Waymar Royce as Coldhands? Seriously? Nobody would have any clue who that was.

[series]
While I don't believe these spoilers are true, if (and that's a big if) Martin has told the producers Coldhands is Waymar Royce, this would probably be the smartest way to handle it. It's pointless to build up a mystery when the answer, which would be seasons away if going by the books, is totally meaningless to show viewers. Might as well get it over with right away and pretend there's no mystery at all.

Massa

Possible spoiler? My cable guide says
Mance Rayder will be in tonight's episode. I never pay attention to these things so I don't know if it's accurate, but hopefully it's true. Also Steelshanks, Tormund, Beric.

Also possibly a MAJOR spoiler for Episode 10 / ASOS
Michelle Fairley is in episode 10. hum...

This sounds confusing :( But I guess it does make sense to have it read chronologically.

Just read them normally. Feast and Dance were released on their own, and should be read that way. That suggested order is a neat idea for a reread, but they should be read on their own the first time through.

Possible spoiler? My cable guide says
Mance Rayder will be in tonight's episode. I never pay attention to these things so I don't know if it's accurate, but hopefully it's true. Also Steelshanks, Tormund, Beric.

Also possibly a MAJOR spoiler for Episode 10 / ASOS
Michelle Fairley is in episode 10. hum...

Well...
Sean Bean still had a credit on the last episode of Season 1.

Noema

Eh, I would recommend reading AFFC and then ADWD for your first time. Just know that some characters won't appear at all in AFFC.

AFFC
I was actually kind of relieved that the up to that point standard POV characters (Tyrion, Jon, Dany, etc.) weren't in AFFC. I was glad to have some new POV characters for a change. I specially loved the Greyjoys having their own POVs as well as having some insight into Dorne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom