• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they explained how they're handling AFFC/ADWD?

I assume that they're blending the two?

Really excited for the
Maergery vs. Cersei
stuff from Feast.

Levi

Banned
I feel sorry for anyone out there still stanning Baratheon, because asides from the Davos and Stannis scene everything in Dragonstone was a hot mess. Wiener leeches really? GoT gonna GoT I guess. No Theon this week so there has to be sexual violence in another scene?

Only book-accurate part of Daario's attire was his weapons. I look forward to much fondling of his hilts. RIP Stormcrows, blue hair, gold tooth, yellow clothes.

Very disappointed the dragons weren't on hand to eat those severed heads. CG is expensive--the wiener leeches and shattering sword must have eaten up the budget.

Dany

Banned
THe show does a better job foreshadowing events without giving away details better than you guys can, so how about you all stop?

dubq

so why did sam leave the dagger? i don't remember this part clearly from the book
ASOS
he lets Grenn keep it in the book.
I would wager that in the show, Sam is probably shitting his pants at what just happened, thinking there are more Others, and just high tails it forgetting about the dagger.

dubq

I'm looking at it right now. It's the end of chapter 18. It just gets really cold for a few moments... Does not break.

vehn

VB4PpJV.png

It's WIGHT, silly HBO

The sword shattering due to coldness is actually in the prologue of AGOT, that happens to Wymar Royce's sword.

I actually like it that they brought that moment here to show the power of the WWs.

In ASOS Sam uses the obsidian dagger on a Wight but the dagger breaks on the chainmail of the wight so it never actually penetrates and does its magic.

Dysun

Tyrion/Sansa Wedding and Slayer were really great. They lived up to my expectations and then some, also loved the Stannis scenes

2 weeks hurry up!

I'm gonna spoiler this and just leave this here:

The AV Club's newbie review said:
But still, this episode left me a little frustrated. I know that what we’re seeing is the first half of the third book, and I’m more and more afraid that there isn’t going to be quite as devastating a closing punch as there was in the last two seasons.

Just sayin' is all.

Zabka

I wonder if we'll get three episodes in a row of impossibly attractive women getting naked and dry humping a man just to abuse his boner. Going through the reset of the season in my head trying to see where they could fit it in.

I really loved that cut to (ASOS)
Joffrey having fun at Tyrion's wedding after Stannis says the names over the burning leeches. That really felt like one of those book reader trolls we've been seeing all season long

Also got chills when (ADWD)
Stannis mentioned seeing a "great battle in the snow" in the flames. Loving all this winds of winter foreshadowing

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I really loved that cut to (ASOS)
Joffrey having fun at Tyrion's wedding after Stannis says the names over the burning leeches. That really felt like one of those book reader trolls we've been seeing all season long

Also got chills when (ADWD)
Stannis mentioned seeing a "great battle in the snow" in the flames. Loving all this winds of winter foreshadowing

ASOS/ADWD
I thought it was foreshadowing for the battle beyond The Wall, but it makes sense for the Battle of Winterfell too.

ASOS
I thought it was foreshadowing for the battle beyond The Wall, but it makes sense for the Battle of Winterfell, too.

ASOS/ADWD
I didn't even think about that actually. That does make sense. Stannis vs. Ramsay was the first thing that came to mind when he said that though.

ZeroRay

ASOS
While I'm not totally against the writers downplaying Tyrion's lust for Sansa compared to the books, I wonder how they'll work in his growing feeling of inadequacy due to Sansa's rejection of him.

Nah, he's been pretty steadfast with his spoiler-free nature.

He better be!

Edit: Pretty good timing for those who check out A Read of Ice and Fire. It's an ongoing blog series where Leigh Butler - who's never read the books before - reads and reacts to each ASOIAF chapter.
She's about to hit the big one three day's before the show!

http://www.tor.com/features/series/a-read-of-ice-and-fire

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Man drunk Tyrion was awesome. His wretched and pathetic side really came out nicely. I chuckled at Bronn's polite nod towards Sansa when she walked down the aisle, I dunno why. Another excellent episode with very few things that made me shake my head in disapproval, and nothing at all that made me nerd-rage. This season's on a roll!

So Shae knows Tyrion didn't bed Sansa. [ASoS]
I thought they were gonna play up the jealousy angle for the trial and betrayal later, but she had a small smile at seeing the unspoiled sheets. Clearly she's happy that Tyrion didn't screw Sansa, so I wonder how the jealousy wil fit in now...

I'm okay with the change, too, especially since Sansa not knealing was more justified in the book, imo.

And who knows how many people would forever hold a grudge on Sansa for not knealing for precious Tyrion. :p
Yeah same here. I was a bit disappointed that she knelt, but I know why they did it. Without access to her inner monologue, it'd just seem to be nasty for no reason and it'd come out of nowhere.

Bullshit delivery of a very powerful moment
What is this referring to?

KuGsj.gif

And so my watch begins
I didn't like that line much. I greatly preferred the book line, "Never? Why... That's why the gods made whores for men like me." It did convey his sense of resignation in a similar way, but the reference to the Night's Watch is just strange. We know Tyrion isn't gonna go celibate, lol.

Good ep tonight

Where is [ASOS]
Coldhands? Reading episode descriptions I thought we were getting him tonight. Maybe next season?
I thought so too, and after seeing [ASoS/ADwD]
all those ravens in the weirwood tree I thought for sure Coldhands was gonna show up, and was disappointed that there'd be no Sam the Slayer. I thought the "older gentleman" from the synopsis was gonna be Coldhands, not an Other. xD But then they seem to have picked the Coldhands introduction setting, and put it for the Sam the Slayer part? Weird.

I loved the ravens in that weirwood, though. Especially the close-up to that carved face. You just know Bloodraven was watching!

I guess Coldhands will only be introduced in S4, then? Come to think of it there hasn't been any casting that suggested he was in S3...

All of the female nudity, none of the male! Sounds fine
Bah. >:| Gendry's not really my style (he does have gorgeous eyes though) but come on, HBO, why so shy at showing us male nudity? Pfft. At least we didn't get that stupid lesbian scene...

Archer

[ASOS]
That is a bloody perfect promo. They're building it up like one of the big events will be the conquering of Casterly Rock...
3AQmK.gif
I think the RW is the event that Dan and Dave talk about being so excited to have the chance to depict on television. With that in mind, I reckon they'll pull it off wonderfully.

which is the next episode, yes?
that last image in the preview says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom