• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Wasn't the scene at the end (ASOS)
with the Weirwood tree and all the ravens supposed to be where Coldhands is introduced? Where is Coldhands :(

LordCanti

This was probably my favorite episode of the season. The interaction between the Hound and Arya was great, Sam became the Slayer, and the wedding went fantastic. The only thing that was incredibly out of place was Mel screwing Gendry, but they had to fill a quota I guess.

This is going to be a tough two week wait.

Kuroyume

Banned
I enjoyeed the episode.

Tyrion/Sansa's wedding was great

Dario was pretty cool although he's not like I pictured... Perhaps that's a good thing though.

Nice to see Davo's reintroduced again... So little on screen time this season for him. How did the blood thing play out in the books?
I recall her not killing Edric but did she get blood somehow? Btw, did Stannis really put those curses on the other kings in the books?

Best scene by far was the ending. Loved the sounds that they played thoughout it. All the creaking and moans. The crows. Then the whitewalker appeared. Very creepy. Can't wait for
Could hands to appear.

Tabris

So up to ADWD book question,
does anything good happen to any of the Starks?

ASOS/ADWD
From the spoilers I read, all I can tell is Robb/Jon/Eddard/Catalyn is dead, Bran is off on some spirit quest with no way of knowing how this will bring anything good, Rickon is off on some island for whatever reason, Sansa is married to someone different not doing anything, and most important of all, Arya hasn't killed anyone of importance

I don't know how I feel of 3 seasons of this (assuming 1 more season for Storm, 1 for Feast, and 1 for ADWD).

Brashnir

ASOS/ADWD
From the spoilers I read, all I can tell is Robb/Jon/Eddard/Catalyn is dead, Bran is off on some spirit quest with no way of knowing how this will bring anything good, Rickon is off on some island for whatever reason, Sansa is married to someone different not doing anything, and most important of all, Arya hasn't killed anyone of importance

I don't know how I feel of 3 seasons of this.

ADWD
Bran is about to become the most powerful person in the world.

I enjoyeed the episode.

Tyrion/Sansa's wedding was great

Dario was pretty cool although he's not like I pictured... Perhaps that's a good thing though.

Nice to see Davo's reintroduced again... So little on screen time this season for him. How did the blood thing play out in the books?
I recall her not killing Edric but did she get blood somehow? Btw, did Stannis really put those curses on the other kings in the books?

Best scene by far was the ending. Loved the sounds that they played thoughout it. All the creaking and moans. The crows. Then the whitewalker appeared. Very creepy. Can't wait for
Could hands to appear.

ASOS
The leeches were in the book (from Edric), and Stannis recited the names of the three false kings as they burned them over a brazier. Stannis isn't satisfied by the, ahem, incomplete results, so he almost convinces himself that it's worth killing Edric to give all of his blood to Mel.

LordCanti

ASOS/ADWD

I don't know how I feel of 3 seasons of this (assuming 1 more season for Storm, 1 for Feast, and 1 for ADWD).

ADWD
Bran is about to figure out who the hell Jon Snow is (or other secrets that only someone looking into the past could find) and with the Bank of Braavos coming to fuck the Lannisters up, it's a fair bet that Arya is the one they'll send. Sansa isn't married, though it sounds like I'd be spoiling it for you if I told you. Edit: Well, she's technically still married to Tyrion I guess, but that doesn't mean a whole lot at this point.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

ASOS/ADWD

ADWD
I don't believe Jon is dead at all. Or at least not staying dead. It would be really crappy storytelling to have his entire journey be for nothing. With Ned it was to set up the world. With Cat is was because she really wasn't much more than a pair of eyes to watch events. She wasn't very important.

Brashnir

What?!?! OK, I need to stop spoiling myself as the Wiki obviously isn't doing it justice as I light reading didn't capture that for me. What about the rest?

He's becoming a greenseer in addition to his warging abilities. He'll be able to see the past, see the future, and inhabit creatures all over Westeros. With the return of Dragons to the world, all magic potency is increased, so he'll be much more powerful than those who are there now. Also, he's going to live for hundreds of years. Also, there are dragons to Warg into.

(speculation) By the end of book 7, Bran will decide who sits on the Iron throne.

Tabris

ADWD
I don't believe Jon is dead at all. Or at least not staying dead. It would be really crappy storytelling to have his entire journey be for nothing. With Ned it was to set up the world. With Cat is was because she really wasn't much more than a pair of eyes to watch events. She wasn't very important.

What about Robb? There seems to be a lot done for shock factor / consequences of past events

He's becoming a greenseer in addition to his warging abilities. He'll be able to see the past, see the future, and inhabit creatures all over Westeros. With the return of Dragons to the world, all magic potency is increased, so he'll be much more powerful than those who are there now. Also, he's going to live for hundreds of years. Also, there are dragons to Warg into.

(speculation) By the end of book 7, Bran will decide who sits on the Iron throne.
only if

Atsumi

Oh, just when I thought I couldn't love The Hound more, I have to see his Arya scenes acted out.

Boyfriend looks over to me "You love The Hound now, don't you."

Me: "Boyfran, I've loved him for ages... you just understand why now."

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.

Unlimited cosmic power!!!!!..... Teeny tiny living space.
Bran is turning into a tree!? Ugh I hate it

Brashnir

ASOS/ADWD
Who are the POV characters still alive?

There are a lot.
Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, Jon, Dany, Davos, Melisandre, Jaime, Cersei, Sam, Brienne and a bunch from AFFC who haven't even been in the show yet. I also probably forgot quite a few.

Oh, just when I thought I couldn't love The Hound more, I have to see his Arya scenes acted out.

Boyfriend looks over to me "You love The Hound now, don't you."

Me: "Boyfran, I've loved him for ages... you just understand why now."

The Hound is one of my favorite characters too.
I wonder if there's still more in store from him?

Brashnir

[series]
Yeah really. None of the POV characters died yet except Ned, Catelyn, Arys Oakheart, Quentyn Martell and maybe Jon Snow (which I doubt)...

ADWD/ASOS/Speculation
Jon is either miraculously still alive or will be brought back by Mel. No two ways about it. I thought fake killing Arya in the middle of a book was far more effective than doing it at the end here. In the middle of a book, you can just turn the page and keep reading before you have time to really think about it. At the end of the book, you have years to figure it out.

Atsumi

There are a lot.
Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, Jon, Dany, Davos, Melisandre, Jaime, Cersei, Sam, Brienne and a bunch from AFFC who haven't even been in the show yet. I also probably forgot quite a few.

The Hound is one of my favorite characters too.
I wonder if there's still more in store from him?

[ASOS-AFFC theory]
I'm hoping they'll lengthen the Arya/Hound storyline in the series... or at least "confirm" (I realize that the show doesn't mean confirmation for the books) a certain grave digger.

What?!?! OK, I need to stop spoiling myself as the Wiki obviously isn't doing it justice as I light reading didn't capture that for me. What about the rest?

Just read the damn books, man. They're worth it. You're not doing yourself any favors by trying to skim the wiki or anything as everything will likely just seem like a jumbled mess. The books are not all doom and gloom and that's what makes the series so great is that actions have consequences, for good characters and bad. That's what keeps it interesting.

[ADwD light spoiler]
The North Remembers.

RaidenZR

I gotta say that the aging of the kid actors is something that doesn't bother me like it seems to bother other people, but I totally laughed when Sansa said she was 14.

Brashnir

[ASOS-AFFC theory]
I'm hoping they'll lengthen the Arya/Hound storyline in the series... or at least "confirm" (I realize that the show doesn't mean confirmation for the books) a certain grave digger.

Series
I don't think there's much doubt about the grave digger. The guy refused to acknowledge that he was dead, and lo and behond, a dude matching the Hound's description is right over there...

The only question is whether or not he'll show back up in an important role or if he's going to just live out his days there ducking out of abandoning the Kingsguard.

Good ep tonight

Where is [ASOS]
Coldhands? Reading episode descriptions I thought we were getting him tonight. Maybe next season?
Episode 10 is my guess.
With all these shows nowadays having a "spring" and "fall" seasons, I thought there was a chance.

As nice as that would be, this show takes nearly 12 months to produce the 10 episodes a year we get, it's simply not possible.

---------------------------------------

Loved the episode, fantastic dialogue, great plot movement.

-Drunk Tyrion >> "I am the god of tits and wine." "Now my watch begins" Him losing it with Joffrey was great as well
-Stannis and Davos scene was so good, the leach scene was oddly brisk though, only real compliant of the episode
-Dany and Second Sons stuff played out well
-Sam the Slayer! Scene was perfect. I see some people confused about the dagger, that's why I brought up last week that I was confused at explaining the dagger at the beginning of episode 6 if Sam wasn't going to use it until the end of episode 8.

Preview of Ep 9/ASOS
Looks like it will be an episode packed with awesome content. Pre-wedding and wedding, Yunkai, what I assume is Queenscrown (Bran wargs!)

Brashnir

I gotta say that the aging of the kid actors is something that doesn't bother me like it seems to bother other people, but I totally laughed when Sansa said she was 14.

The actress is only 17. Most shows have overage actors playing kids. If only she wasn't so damn tall. Then again, my sister was taller than her when she was 14 (hell, my sister was taller when she was 11)

Gvaz

Banned
I didn't like that line much. I greatly preferred the book line, "Never? Why... That's why the gods made whores for men like me." It did convey his sense of resignation in a similar way, but the reference to the Night's Watch is just strange. We know Tyrion isn't gonna go celibate, lol.

It would have made him less pitied.

ShaneB

Now I'm just curious how this season will end..

ASOS
The minute I finished the Red Wedding chapter, my first immediate thought was "That's gotta be the cliffhanger for this season. Robb and Catelyn killed and cut to credits, what a shocking end to the season that would be.." but now it seems that will be episode 9, which makes me wonder what the send off will be here. I can't wait to see the reactions.

Brashnir

What was "The Titans Bastard" name he mentioned?

"____ fucked you once in a pleasure house Lys"

The tongue flicking was fucking weird

Mero.

ASOS
The minute I finished the Red Wedding chapter, my first immediate thought was "That's gotta be the cliffhanger for this season. Robb and Catelyn killed and cut to credits, what a shocking end to the season that would be.." but now it seems that will be episode 9, which makes me wonder what the send off will be here. I can't wait to see the reactions.

ASOS
Episode 10 is named Myhsa, so presumably it will end with Dany sacking Yunkai and the Yunkai'i slaves calling her Mother.

cj_iwakura

The actress is only 17. Most shows have overage actors playing kids. If only she wasn't so damn tall. Then again, my sister was taller than her when she was 14 (hell, my sister was taller when she was 11)

Yeah, it's believable.

ASOS

ASOS
It's Stoneheart. Guaranteed.

LordCanti

I'd imagine that there was a lot of "Aww yeah, she's going to show her boobs" followed by "14" followed by "Dude, wtf, she's only 14!" out there in America earlier.

Speevy

Banned
I cracked up when she said she was 14, because that makes Arya even younger, and she won't be able to pull off her age much longer.

ShaneB

ASOS
It's Stoneheart. Guaranteed.

Had to double check what you meant there :p ASOS
Yeah, I guess that would be amazing too, I didn't even think that really. I'm not use to the idea of the show jumping around so much. Considering I was assuming season 4 would be the finishing of ASOS, I figured the Season 4 cliffhanger, would be Catelyn showing up again. lol.... assuming that is what you mean. A quick google check for stoneheart says that's when Catelyn does show up with the outlaws, etc etc.

Gvaz

Banned
Yeah in the books Arya was like 10 and Sansa was like 12. I would have believed her had they said 16. Arya maybe could pass as 12, if only because she looks like a tomboy

Speevy

Banned
If I were a betting man, ASOS
I would put 1,000 gold dragons on the final shot of season 3 being Beric Dondarrion remembering how Arya was so sad about her father, giving his life for Cat, and her bloodshot eye being the last thing we see before the credits. Who wants to take me up on this? Ridicule me if I'm wrong.

LordCanti

Yeah in the books Arya was like 10 and Sansa was like 12. I would have believed her had they said 16. Arya maybe could pass as 12, if only because she looks like a tomboy

They boned themselves with the whole menstruation thing; After that, there was no claiming she's sixteen.

If only her father was Duncan the Tall and not Ned Stark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom