• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Van Houten sure was looking stunning today as well on that expo opening

979939_10151455216982734_251403570_o.jpg

those eyes, god dayum. It's your best export product holland

Oh, and what a line for the expo!

Moff

Some of the other "spoilers" are way worse. I really hope they aren't true.

SPOILERS/LEAK/FAKE WHO KNOWS BE CAREFUL THOUGH

Tywin and Shae have sex but it's "tastefully done." It's intercut during the Tyrion/Sansa wedding. Tywin and Shae are doing it doggstyle.
Coldhands is confirmed to be Waymar Royce
No Sam the Slayer this episode.
Balon falls off a bridge and dies. He has a funeral after the leeches scene and Asha is there.
Roose stops at the Dreadfort to meet Ramsay
Lysa is in next week's episode.
Bath scene between Missandei and Emilia but no nudity.
Cersei does not tell the story behind Rains of Castamere. Cersei's quote is her talking about the sack of King's Landing.
these leaks were all so dead wrong that I am sure they guy who posted them must have seen the episode. at least 1 or 2 would have been lucky guesses.

cj_iwakura

This is evil, from another book/show board I go to:

(ASOS)

"Did we ever get permission for one person to go over to the Show Only thread after the RW and just say, "The book thread sends its regards."

That'd get the poor messenger banned, probably. :p

Ark

Carice Van Houten and Emila Clarke. God fucking damn.

Great episode, loved the last scene. The heart trees always look fantastic and the crows were great.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Have we seen Tommen at all this year? He seems to be MIA since Blackwater. If I recall, he was present at Sansa's wedding in the book. One little thing I was hoping they'd have from the book was the dancing at Sansa's wedding. A minor detail but it added some nice atmosphere.

ADWD/AFFC
Need that crucial Ser Pounce character development.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Someone in the nonreader thread posted the Olenna Tyrell quote about the family tree. It's hilarious, and I wonder what's more fucked up, Loras becoming his sister's father-in-law and both uncle and step-grandfather to Joffrey's future son, or [series]
assuming R+L=J, Daenerys being Jon Snow's aunt despite being younger than him? xD
It's fun to look at family trees for the books. Sam is
Edric Storm's 2nd cousin

Tacitus_

Other thread
I wonder what Funky Papa is speculating about. I don't really want to ask though since I don't want to draw attention to it if he's right :|

Moff

Other thread
I wonder what Funky Papa is speculating about. I don't really want to ask though since I don't want to draw attention to it if he's right :|

I think he means the lannisters will kill some tyrells. because he refers to cersei who compared the tyrells to the reyns. they really set that up good, explaining the song witthout hinting at what will happen

Tacitus_

I think he means the lannisters will kill some tyrells. because he refers to cersei who compared the tyrells to the reyns. they really set that up good, explaining the song witthout hinting at what will happen

Yeah, hopefully. But I think he's speculating someone is going to die in the next episode and the Lannisters are going to do it.

Someone in the nonreader thread posted the Olenna Tyrell quote about the family tree. It's hilarious, and I wonder what's more fucked up, Loras becoming his sister's father-in-law and both uncle and step-grandfather to Joffrey's future son, or [series]
assuming R+L=J, Daenerys being Jon Snow's aunt despite being younger than him? xD

Ah, well... I don't think the spoilered part is too crazy. My grandma was the oldest of 12 kids. She was also a young mother, giving birth to my dad at 18. Therefore, the youngest two siblings of those 12 are a year or two younger than my dad despite being his uncle and aunt.

Dysun

Within my circle of friends, Sam is quite the source of conflict when discussing POV characters that we like/dislike. I've always enjoyed his chapters, but I definitely wouldn't consider him one of my favorite characters. A lot of my friends really hate his chapters and don't find him very interesting though. I've just never understood where the hate comes from. And now it's interesting to see the same opinions coming from Show Watchers.

ASOS/AFFC
Sam's AFFC chapters are boring and totally removed from anything relevant, I loved his ASOS chapters though

TCRS

Banned
EMILIA CLARKE NEKKID YEEEEEEEESS

THE RED WITCH NEKKID HNNNNNNGGG

for a moment I thought they're not going to show emilia nude since she is a star now etc. thank the seven, so many boners. and the wedding was really well done so funny haha. And the end with Sam was creepy and scary. very well done and I love the design of the Others.

I've forgotton much of the story so I don't know how close this is to the books. Was there any large deviation or anything missing?

Just watched the preview for episode 9 again.

Why is Arya so mad at the Hound again? Obviously she hates him, but I don't think she'd be threatening to kill him again after he said he'd be taking her to Robb. Plus he threatened to break her hands. Maybe it's after the RW.

Also, seems like they're setting up for a potential invasion of Casterly Rock in the episode, which should make the RW just that much more shocking. I feel like the leech scene with Stannis gave it away a bit, but hopefully most people still don't suspect it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Actually I probably can't make a .gif out of stuff I'd like to. Will probably considered general spoilers even after it airs.

ASOS
Was already thinking of stuff to do with Red Wedding

I honestly think that Peter Dinklage is really bad if its a drama scene, but he is fucking exceptional when it comes to some serious shit.

Anyone got a tongue flicking gif of the Titan's Bastard?

Hm...pretty good episode. One complaint: [ASOS]
the whole Gendry/Melisandre scene didn't make much sense to me. She had to seduce him so that he wouldn't get scared "like a lamb" which would somehow spoil the potency of the blood she's drawing for him...and yet she ties him up and scares him with the leeches anyway. It was really just an excuse for them to undress Melisandre. If preventing him from being scared before drawing the blood was the problem, they could have more easily done it how it was done in the book with Edric Storm. (Although I guess that would rely on him actually being sick...)

Also, Stannis seems pretty on board with having Gendry sacrificed, so why did they go with the leeches first? In the book he was hesitant at first, which was why they went with the leeches, IIRC. Eventually Melisandre talks Stannis into it, which is the point at which Davos sends him away. It just seems a bit backwards to me. Although, Davos did assume that Stannis was already hesitant about it, so I'm guessing he forbade Melisandre from killing him at this point. Which makes sense.

Otherwise enjoyed the episode. Can't wait for next season -- that'll have some of my favorite parts from the series.

MNC

Took them long enough to do Sam the slayer! Fucker forgot the shard though. And aren't they supposed to break?

Nice ending. I can't believe there's just two episodes left and then it's back to waiting again. Having read ASOS in 2 bookparts, but the RW happening in this season makes my head confused. I keep thinking the pacing is off and there still needs to be a shitload of stuff to tell. Oh well. The cliffhangers will be painful at the end of E10.

Y'all are whack. Sword shatter cg was standard tv cg quality, but the white walker dying was superb.

I definitely, definitely need to continue to read AFFC. But ugh the
brienne
chapters.

I totally didn't catch that the dagger Sam used was the dragon glass one he picked up way back until I read the thread.

I was like: "Oh, those walker guys are kinda push overs after all. All you need to do is stab them once with a tiny knife and they explode."

devilhawk

Hm...pretty good episode. One complaint: [ASOS]
the whole Gendry/Melisandre scene didn't make much sense to me. She had to seduce him so that he wouldn't get scared "like a lamb" which would somehow spoil the potency of the blood she's drawing for him...and yet she ties him up and scares him with the leeches anyway. It was really just an excuse for them to undress Melisandre. If preventing him from being scared before drawing the blood was the problem, they could have more easily done it how it was done in the book with Edric Storm. (Although I guess that would rely on him actually being sick...)

Also, Stannis seems pretty on board with having Gendry sacrificed, so why did they go with the leeches first? In the book he was hesitant at first, which was why they went with the leeches, IIRC. Eventually Melisandre talks Stannis into it, which is the point at which Davos sends him away. It just seems a bit backwards to me. Although, Davos did assume that Stannis was already hesitant about it, so I'm guessing he forbade Melisandre from killing him at this point. Which makes sense.

Otherwise enjoyed the episode. Can't wait for next season -- that'll have some of my favorite parts from the series.
This isn't much different than how it went in the book. The leeches were used because the boy hasn't been sacrificed. In the show Melisandre specifically says they are doing the leeches as a demonstration. Not much of a difference from the book. ASoS
Davos steals away Edric after the 2 is not 3 scene. Stannis agreed with Davos that 2 is not 3. But Davos wasn't going to wait around for 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom