• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
It's nice to have some color in the world, though. I find it disappointing how in the show everyone just kind of looks normal. Daario is ridiculous and over the top, but it's fantasy. There should be some colorful characters. Everything doesn't have to be completely realistic and gritty looking at all times.

Taken as they were from the books it would have been a little much I think, but I was disappointed that we got three captains who wouldn't have sounded (or looked, really) out of place in Westeros, barring their names.

Personally, the Dothraki men largely looking like clean-shaven Abercrombie models bothered me a lot more than this.

Weren't they modelled in part on Native Americans? A number of tribes preferred clean-shaven or neatly groomed facial hair IIRC.

NateDrake

gameofthrones-theon-rvbshh.png

"What is read may never die!"

holy shit daario was annoying on paper, but in this show...god damn it's somehow worse. i have to deal with that cheeseball face now?

i loved the other mercenary (the vulgar one). he reminded me so much of titus pullo. wish he lived instead of daario :(

melisandre naked was hotter than daenerys. like daaaaaamn

Tacitus_

holy shit daario was annoying on paper, but in this show...god damn it's somehow worse. i have to deal with that cheeseball face now?

i loved the other mercenary (the vulgar one). he reminded me so much of titus pullo. wish he lived instead of daario :(

melisandre naked was hotter than daenerys. like daaaaaamn

Daario was smooth as hell. I think he's going to be much more tolerable on the show.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I am reading the books now, just slightly ahead of the tv series (about to end ASOS). One aspect of the books that I don't like so far is-
does anything good ever happens to the people we root for? All likable characters always lose, they are the ones who always get their lives fucked, while the shitty ones just keep winning. At best we get momentary respites for the characters we root for. I am mostly talking about the red wedding, tyrion's second trial by combat etc.

Tacitus_

I am reading the books now, just slightly ahead of the tv series (about to end ASOS). One aspect of the books that I don't like so far is-
does anything good ever happens to the people we root for? All likable characters always lose, they are the ones who always get their lives fucked, while the shitty ones just keep winning. At best we get momentary respites for the characters we root for. I am mostly talking about the red wedding, tyrion's second trial by combat etc.

It would be extremely hard to answer that without spoiling major plot points. But more or less, the players get to sleep in the bed they've made themselves.

My GF has taken quite the liking to Dany. Wants to name a dog after a dragon. But from the sounds of my GF's predictions, whose only exposure is the show, and the zeitgeist of the NO BOOK thread here on GAF, it seems no one is able to foresee what lays await for them in
episode 9

It is going to be delicious.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Am I reading things weirdly, or is there really a break for the show next week? I really hope not, I neeeeeeeed to see what happens next.

Daario is ridiculous. I always thought that Martin backed himself into a corner with that whole part of the story so he had a character completely do something out character in order to get out of it.

Ikael

Regarding the Rains of Castemere scene of the latest episode [ASOS]
some people (mainly FunkyPapa) on the non book tread have been able to figure out that something horrible is going to happen, since they have made the connection between the chapter's name and the song. I wanted to chime in and dispell that notion in order to get an increased impact, saying something along the lines of "well, the Rains of Castemere song is not only about bad things, you know, many people use it on celebrations" but it is impossible to do such a thing without raising further suspiction, I guess.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
some people (mainly FunkyPapa) on the non book tread have been able to figure out that something horrible is going to happen, since they have made the connection between the chapter's name and the song. I wanted to chime in and dispell that notion in order to get an increased impact, saying something along the lines of "well, the Rains of Castemere song is not only about bad things, you know, many people use it on celebrations" but it is impossible to do such a thing without raising further suspiction, I guess.

Leave it, I'd say.
I am sure they have no idea simply how horrible the red wedding is going to be lol.

Yonafunu

You could suggest someone ironic happening, like it being the prelude to the downfall of Tywin Lannister.

Or just don't say anything.

Ugh.

Kworn

Banned
I have not read the books, but I have heard that in the last two episodes there is going to be some serious stuff happening.

Could this be something to do with those leaches and the naming of Rob Stark, joffery and someone else.

*Spoilers*
Could this lead to the death of them? That would be pretty severe!

Aiii

So not worth it
Do not post in the no-book thread about plot points. Let those people be, they do not need or want you the chime in.

CorvoSol

Daario is ridiculous. I always thought that Martin backed himself into a corner with that whole part of the story so he had a character completely do something out character in order to get out of it.

Daario is just plain the worst. Every time I read about him I was just like "buuuuuugh."

If she doesnt get naked by the end of the season, it'd be a huuuuge pity.

Missandei_6687.jpg

This episode seemed strangely devoid of violence, though the wedding drama was pretty good..

Missandei_6687.jpg

This episode seemed strangely devoid of violence, though the wedding drama was pretty good..

you see dat ass in misfits? oh lawwwd. rudy did well

and also joffrey was the true star of this episode. loved the troll-smirks he was giving during the dinner and wedding

Or just don't say anything.

Ugh.

Seriously, why can't people stick to this? The show has its own canon, which clearly differ from that of the books, so anything book related should be in this thread. I can't grasp why people who have read the books posts mock impressions in the other thread. The other posters clearly don't want book readers there, and the OP clearly states:

ThoseDeafMutes said:
Since we have other threads for the show specifically for people who have read the series, I'd like to ask that they refrain from posting in this thread. I don't believe anybody has been deliberately posting spoilers under the guise of working things out, but it can be easy to forget where you learned a specific bit of information, especially if you read it a long time ago or started reading just after you got into the series. Then again, maybe some people are doing it deliberately. Please be considerate.

duckroll

You could suggest someone ironic happening, like it being the prelude to the downfall of Tywin Lannister.

Sounds like a good way to get a 6 month ban. Just saying.

Aiii

So not worth it

Missandei_6687.jpg

If there is one thing you can be sure of in this show is that any and every woman on this will end up naked sooner or later.

I'm sure the show writers can't wait for Sophie and Maisie to be 18 so they can show them nude as well.

One thing that really bothered me this time was the fact that they have no problem showing Carice fully undressed, but leave Gendry privates fully covered. It just shows that the nudity almost never serves any purpose and is just done to draw in viewers.

Man seriously I think there should be a rule for no-book readers in the other thread, seriously. And I say that as someone who sometimes posts there to clarify or talk who's hotter. But it's seriously ridiculous how some people feel the need to go there to say some shit.

duckroll

Man seriously I think there should be a rule for no-book readers in the other thread, seriously. And I say that as someone who sometimes posts there to clarify or talk who's hotter. But it's seriously ridiculous how some people feel the need to go there to say some shit.

There is a "rule". People who intentionally want to go start up shit will get terminated. It's covered until the rule that people should be be anti-social assholes out to cause trouble for other users.

Aiii

So not worth it

I go there to read what they are speculating about. I have made a couple of posts not related to stories. Like one guy not recognising Roose Bolton in ep 1 and asking about his sigil. I felt okay to clarify that, but even then I debated if I wasn't spoiling anything (decided it wasn't, because it's on the HBO website as general information).

I don't see why you would even want to point them in a general direction, that will only diminish the amazing reactions they are gonna have at the twists and turns. Wouldn't want that.

I go there to read what they are speculating about. I have made a couple of posts not related to stories. Like on guy not recognising Roose Bolton in ep 1 and asking about his sigil. I felt okay to clarify that, but even then I debated if I wasn't spoiling anything (decided it wasn't, because it's on the HBO website as general information).

I don't see why you would even want to point them in a general direction, that will only diminish the amazing reactions they are gonna have at the twists and turns. Wouldn't want that.
No, don't get me wrong. I think it's okay for book readers to post there since I do that, too. But to say stuff like "No, you see, Karstark was that guy who said X in this episode" or "No, Tywin is such a dick because X". Or "dude you're stupid, Missandei is totally hotter than Dany".

But people keep going there to post fake-speculation, or want to "point them in the right direction".

Tacitus_

Other thread
Kworns 'guess' hits way too close and someone dug up that he owns the book. But outright banning him could result to them thinking he was posting actual spoilers. I don't really envy the mods in this case.

As for non spoilered stuff on the other thread, does posting a reaction gif after something big count as taunting them Ducky?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
If there is one thing you can be sure of in this show is that any and every woman on this will end up naked sooner or later.

Catelyn. No.

I'm sure the show writers can't wait for Sophie and Maisie to be 18 so they can show them nude as well.

I don't think they'll do it. Even thoguh they might be 'of age' I don't think TV audience will want to see them sexualised too much since we've seen them as kids. CreepyGAF aside.

One thing that really bothered me this time was the fact that they have no problem showing Carice fully undressed, but leave Gendry privates fully covered. It just shows that the nudity almost never serves any purpose and is just done to draw in viewers.

My mrs literally yelled out "I saw the top of his cock!!" all excited during that scene. There really should be a bit more dick in this show to balance the scales a bit. It's all boobs boobs boobs. Awesome boobs.

Aiii

So not worth it
Other thread
Kworns 'guess' hits way too close and someone dug up that he owns the book. But outright banning him could result to them thinking he was posting actual spoilers. I don't really envy the mods in this case.

As for non spoilered stuff on the other thread, does posting a reaction gif after something big count as taunting them Ducky?

I "outed" him in hopes he would edit his post, or one of the mods did.

Debated against it, once again didn't want to ruin anything, but it's only a matter of time before the poster "speculates" something more significant outright. Figured it was better to do it on a somewhat vague post.

---
Catelyn. No.

Heh, that's the 40+ rule though.

I don't think they'll do it. Even thoguh they might be 'of age' I don't think TV audience will want to see them sexualised too much since we've seen them as kids. CreepyGAF aside.

Lets hope so. But they'll be 20+ once the show ends, so who knows.

My mrs literally yelled out "I saw the top of his cock!!" all excited during that scene. There really should be a bit more dick in this show to balance the scales a bit. It's all boobs boobs boobs. Awesome boobs.

There was no cock, right?

duckroll

I don't think showing dick is the right balance for boobs though. They seem to be showing quite a bit of male butt, groin, and pubes later, so it's not too bad. Wouldn't mind seeing Daario's dick though, I bet it's reasonably impressive! :D

Other thread

I'll be honest, I don't read the other thread at all, so if there is something that needs to be done, I rely on people more familiar with the thread and the habits in the thread to fill me in. I don't feel that we should moderation on people speculating or discussion possible outcomes in that thread, because that's the entire point of having it. Non-book readers should be able to have their fun while watching the show. As far as fake guessing goes, its a tricky call because it's impractical to judge every single person posting to make sure they're not book readers. Witch hunts are dumb. If someone is actually doing it on purpose though, they should probably stop or action will be taken. It's just stupid and childish.

There was no excuse to not showing Gendry's dick. Okay, maybe, seeing the leech there would be painful, but still. There have been very ridiculous moments in this show.

Am I the only one who remembers Mel getting fully naked, but Stannis remaining fully clothed when he fucked her? I mean, come on. People aren't going to stop watching the show if you show a couple of naked guys.

Aiii

So not worth it
There was no excuse to not showing Gendry's dick. Okay, maybe, seeing the leech there would be painful, but still. There have been very ridiculous moments in this show.

Am I the only one who remembers Mel getting fully naked, but Stannis remaining fully clothed when he fucked her? I mean, come on. People aren't going to stop watching the show if you show a couple of naked guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MVRMJMWMVo#t=3m32s

Im a cynical person and I worry this is case of "too good to be true".
Also, how good was that girls dress?! She actually had a nice face too.
Somewhere out there, talented Skyrim modders are hard at work.
SFW-ish version...
iNy6UC3UZtB0N.gif

I think we've had enough sword swallowing to balance out the more plentiful boob shots.

Wut. There's been two gay sex scenes and none of them showed anything. Compare that to the super-explicit and super-useless lesbian scene back in Season 1.

Also, yes, that whore was so hot. Lawd have mercy.

Tacitus_

Wut. There's been two gay sex scenes and none of them showed anything. Compare that to the super-explicit and super-useless lesbian scene back in Season 1.

Also, yes, that whore was so hot. Lawd have mercy.

Well they're not going to show actual sex acts, just alluded ones. But that slurping in S1 >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom