• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake

v7ODCkB.gif

Dinklage guaranteed another Emmy nom with that performance last night.
lol

I forsee many uses of this gif.

edit:
Now it's perfect.

*gif edit*
9.9/10

agrajag

Banned
I think that she had to arouse him before the leeches so that his manhood swells with blood, she put a leech there afterall

jett

D-Member
I refreshed my memory some and realized that ASOS
this Edric Storm doppelganger business isn't going to go anywhere. Why is the show dedicating so much time to this?

devilhawk

this Edric Storm doppelganger business isn't going to go anywhere. Why is the show dedicating so much time to this?

Because it is crucial? ASoS
Davos risks his ass to send the guy away knowing he has one chance to save himself. With Stannis certain to kill him this time, he gets down in front of the king and reads a letter. The scene should be great in the show. I imagine they will leave it up in the air for a couple episodes before Stannis pops up behind the wall.

Mifune

Mehmber
I thought this was a really strong episode. The wedding was fantastic, with Tyrion and Sansa's moments together approaching real warmth, something the series isn't known for. Almost makes you think things are gonna get better for these characters.

jett

D-Member
Because it is crucial? ASoS
Davos risks his ass to send the guy away knowing he has one chance to save himself. With Stannis certain to kill him this time, he gets down in front of the king and reads a letter. The scene should be great in the show. I imagine they will leave it up in the air for a couple episodes before Stannis pops up behind the wall.

I suppose, I'm not saying to take the whole thing out, it just seemed like a disproportionate amount of time was spent on the character.

beril

Because we got a Gendry sex scene with a bit of bondage out of it, what more reason do you need?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The fantasy element in this show is getting out of control. I was okay with dragons, snow zombies, and shadow babies. But now cups that do not runneth over? I can't take this shit seriously.
Plus, that cup not running over is horrible CGI.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
And don't forget the fake wine. That shit looks like juice.

Good call!

Why was the food gross?
We shot the feast over two days and I think the food was the same from the first day, and so on set there were a lot of flies. It was actually really nice to snack on the bread and berries on the first day. The second day it was kinda rank. And then there's the wine, which is grape juice. Everyone hates it. Peter has to drink it all the time. It's nice for one or two scenes, but Peter is constantly downing that stuff because Tyrion does. So he's always like, "Can we get a break from the grape juice? Please?"

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Just watched the preview for episode 9 again.

Why is Arya so mad at the Hound again? Obviously she hates him, but I don't think she'd be threatening to kill him again after he said he'd be taking her to Robb. Plus he threatened to break her hands. Maybe it's after the RW.

Also, seems like they're setting up for a potential invasion of Casterly Rock in the episode, which should make the RW just that much more shocking. I feel like the leech scene with Stannis gave it away a bit, but hopefully most people still don't suspect it.

I don't think this needs to be spoiled because it's from the first season, but Arya's hatred for the Hound started when he killed the butcher's boy, Mycha, on Joffrey's orders when they were travelling from Winterfell to King's Landing.

EMILIA CLARKE NEKKID YEEEEEEEESS

THE RED WITCH NEKKID HNNNNNNGGG

for a moment I thought they're not going to show emilia nude since she is a star now etc. thank the seven, so many boners.

Is there a site that has hi-res screencaps of the boobies on this show? Like one that is up-to-date and would have the latest ones?

srs quesiton

There are unconventionally attractive people, and then there are circus freaks.

As described by GRRM, Daario is a circus freak.

It's nice to have some color in the world, though. I find it disappointing how in the show everyone just kind of looks normal. Daario is ridiculous and over the top, but it's fantasy. There should be some colorful characters. Everything doesn't have to be completely realistic and gritty looking at all times.

It's nice to have some color in the world, though. I find it disappointing how in the show everyone just kind of looks normal. Daario is ridiculous and over the top, but it's fantasy. There should be some colorful characters. Everything doesn't have to be completely realistic and gritty looking at all times.

Agreed - sort of. I think the exclusion of somewhat outlandish characters like Strong Belwas is certainly disappointing. But toning down Daario's ridiculous getup? I can't say I mind.

I just don't think anyone could pull that look off without looking like a complete dumbass.

Drazgul

But toning down Daario's ridiculous getup? I can't say I mind.

They didn't just tone it down, though - they completely eliminated it. Instead of the gaudy blue hair he was described to have in the novels, they could've just added the slightest hint of it on the actor's hair. Give him a bit of that outlandish vibe without overdoing it.

jett

D-Member
Yeah the show is more "grounded" compared to the books, but that was established day one with how the Dothraki looked like. Personally, I was disappointed they've removed so much "color" from the books. Everything and everyone really do look a bit too dreary and miserable.

They didn't just tone it down, though - they completely eliminated it. Instead of the gaudy blue hair he was described to have in the novels, they could've just added the slightest hint of it on the actor's hair. Give him a bit of that outlandish vibe without overdoing it.

Personally, the Dothraki men largely looking like clean-shaven Abercrombie models bothered me a lot more than this.

tauroxd

By the way... I was thinking, by the time the finish catching up with A Dance With Dragons could they use a whole season about The three books of the tales of Dunk and Egg? I mean, to have more time for the 6th book to be released, because I'm sure GRRM have given to DB&DB all the info and material to work a season about the 6th book.

I'm saying this because I just finished reading the 3rd book of Dunk and Egg and it would be cool to see it the story of those two on screen. It's interesting enough. But maybe some only TV show people will really hate it because it won't move forward things. So maybe it won't do them any good and they will have to launch the season without the 6th book out... Wich won't do them any good at all either, in this case with the book readers... So what? They will let things like that?

By the way... I was thinking, by the time the finish catching up with A Dance With Dragons could they use a whole season about The three books of the tales of Dunk and Egg? I mean, to have more time for the 6th book to be released, because I'm sure GRRM have given to DB&DB all the info and material to work a season about the 6th book.

I'm saying this because I just finished reading the 3rd book of Dunk and Egg and it would be cool to see it the story of those two on screen. It's interesting enough. But maybe some only TV show people will really hate it because it won't move forward things. So maybe it won't do them any good and they will have to launch the season without the 6th book out... Wich won't do them any good at all either, in this case with the book readers... So what? They will let things like that?

nope

GRRM mentioned they were talking about it but nothing really concrete yet. It would definitely be awesome though, the stories would probably work really well as a couple of films if not a miniseries

http://grrm.livejournal.com/311788.html?thread=17247724#t17247724

Tuf would be fun. Dunk and Egg are being discussed. Robert's Rebellion is part of Ice & Fire, won't be a separate series. Sandkings was done by the OUTER LIMITS; I retain feature film rights, but television rights are gone.

Levi

Banned

Kuwabara, you ARE the man! Letting the Tyroshi remain flamboyant would not hurt the show at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom