• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

f7541bdae8430c236acd27f6a946d881.png

Cheers. I wonder how it'll do for the rest of the season. Hopefully it keeps rising.

Obscured

I'm just catching up on the episode from two weeks ago. NeoGaf would benefit I think from a gif of Tywin saying "You are being counseled at this very moment."

Tacitus_

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Other thread
"Another good sign is whether someone makes a comment that uses oddly specific wording that makes no contextual sense at the time. I.e. Robb Stark is really losing his head in this war."

My reaction
I'm dying. lol

Other thread
"Another good sign is whether someone makes a comment that uses oddly specific wording that makes no contextual sense at the time. I.e. Robb Stark is really losing his head in this war."

My reaction
I'm dying. lol

Tempting to bump that post after ep.9 ends.

Tacitus_

Other thread

My reaction
I'm dying. lol

Other thread
was it one of those anti book crusaders? Oh lawwwd if it was

dubq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xOzzPaPATFE

Interesting video, mostly because... it confirms the canon pronunciation of Tyrell: GRRM says "Tee-rell", not "Ty-rell". There we go! Was that so hard?

...Apparently, yes. Watch how the same character (Tywin) uses both pronunciations. xD
GRRM has said on several occasions that the "right way" to pronounce any of the names in his books is up to the readers. For instance, some people say Bry-een instead of Bree-N for Brienne. Or Peh-tire instead of Peter for Petyr.

Dysun

GRRM has said on several occasions that the "right way" to pronounce any of the names in his books is up to the readers. For instance, some people say Bry-een instead of Bree-N for Brienne. Or Peh-tire instead of Peter for Petyr.

Did these stem from Roy Dotrice? It annoys me every time I listen to the audio books lol

dubq

Did these stem from Roy Dotrice? It annoys me every time I listen to the audio books lol
Roy is amazing, but I've heard other people pronounce them that way as well. Though whether or not they got it from him, I have no idea. I love his voice for Roose Bolton.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Roy is amazing, but I've heard other people pronounce them that way as well. Though whether or not they got it from him, I have no idea. I love his voice for Roose Bolton.

I miss old Roy Dotrice :(

I remember listening to ADWD and being confused as all hell when
Dany suddenly turned into an old lady
, and a bunch of other characters suddenly sounded different.

dubq

I miss old Roy Dotrice :(

I remember listening to ADWD and being confused as all hell when
Dany suddenly turned into an old lady
, and a bunch of other characters suddenly sounded different.

Yeah, his female characters have always been a bit off.. But that will always be the case when you have an old man doing the readings. They definitely sound older in ADWD. Though I will still take that over the alternative (John Lee) any day. ;)

Apath

As a straight male who thinks penises are kind of gross, even I can admit that with opportunities for Robb, Jon, Theon, Jaime, and Gendry dick this season, the fact that they went 0/5 on that is total injustice to fans of penis, compared to virtually every female cast member having to strip down at some point.
I honestly don't think we've had a scene that involves a clear view of a vagina that isn't obscured by pubic hair. On the flip side it's pretty difficult to show a penis without it being as graphic as it's going to get. Hell, that squire that Loras was banging had his legs spread in a full frontal; we have not and will never get any shot like that with a female.
Jon said he's getting his dick out at some point. It's in his contract.
I believe it was visible for a split second in the cave scene. I could be wrong though.

Massa

I honestly don't think we've had a scene that involves a clear view of a vagina that isn't obscured by pubic hair. On the flip side it's pretty difficult to show a penis without it being as graphic as it's going to get. Hell, that squire that Loras was banging had his legs spread in a full frontal; we have not and will never get any shot like that with a female.

I believe it was visible for a split second in the cave scene. I could be wrong though.

Yep. The Meereenese Knot whore wasn't nude for example.

Lkr

SaskBoy

There was no excuse to not showing Gendry's dick. Okay, maybe, seeing the leech there would be painful, but still. There have been very ridiculous moments in this show.

Am I the only one who remembers Mel getting fully naked, but Stannis remaining fully clothed when he fucked her? I mean, come on. People aren't going to stop watching the show if you show a couple of naked guys.

Stannis would totally have sex fully clothed. He is awkward with women, it's just how his character is.

Shawsie64

Banned
you guys should uh listen to this inferior version of uh
certain events that will happen in episode 9 rw etc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0V8MtMR5Sk

Youtube comment sums up how I feel about that reading;
AuburnDetroitTiger 9 months ago

This is a horrible reading . . .. it ruins the whole event . sounds like a news report from the 1950s .. awful

Christ its bad!

Roy Dotrice is so much better, I didn't even mind the ADWD woman's voices.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm more concerned about how it will affect me. :(

[ASOS]
Dad dies for Stannis' true claim to the throne, doesn't ally himself with Stannis. Goes back on his engagement because he wanted to fuck a girl. Robb was an idiot and more Tully than Stark, he deserved it. Catlyn is an idiot who hates Jon Snow because of what someone else did. She deserved it.

gnrmjd

Leave it alone.

ASOS
Almost everybody had a sense of dread before the RW. I know I certainly knew something bad was going to happen. The impact is in just how fucking bad it is, which I never suspected. Let them ride along as it is.

ASOS
I agree with this. I think that it was fairly obvious in the book that something was going to go wrong. The sense of dread is pretty big. I think the show has pretty much telegraphed at this point that Robb Stark is dying. I don't think many people will be shocked. I think they'll see it coming. But Cat's death is going to be the big one. I think it'll get people even more. And of course the general horrible-ness of the whole situation. The Red Wedding punches you whether or not you know the general details of what will happen, so I don't mind them telegraphing it. I think it maybe even makes it a little better, because they're going to be expecting and dreading what will happen and are going to be blown over either way.

gnrmjd

Also yeah Daario doesn't have his blue beard, but let's be honest...Daario sucks. Any change to this character is for the better IMO.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
you guys should uh listen to this inferior version of uh
certain events that will happen in episode 9 rw etc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0V8MtMR5Sk

I listened to this guy do the GoT audiobook and I loved it. When I heard Dotrice do CoK I really didn't like it, he sounded much too frail after this guy's booming delivery. I guess it's all to do with which one you hear first. Glad I have his name now though, I wonder if he's done the whole series...

ASOS
Just hit Edmure's wedding...FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :'( .My heart man. When can we expect that in the series? The non book spoiler thread is going to be incredible.

And now you know why we're all so excited :D

You sick fucks hahaha. I must admit, I am looking forward to the reactions, we're like Ramsey :p It wasn't that much of a shock for me as I'd heard the name Red Wedding for a while and knew whatever it was it happened in book 3. It didn't take me that long to figure it out shortly before it happened. Still, feel like I've been gutted. There's no place in Westeros for honourable men :(

You sick fucks hahaha. I must admit, I am looking forward to the reactions, we're like Ramsey :p It wasn't that much of a shock for me as I'd heard the name Red Wedding for a while and knew whatever it was it happened in book 3. It didn't take me that long to figure it out shortly before it happened. Still, feel like I've been gutted. There's no place in Westeros for honourable men :(

If it makes you feel better, that's the point where ASOS starts going crazy and every damn chapter (Except for Bran, obviously) becomes amazing.

If it makes you feel better, that's the point where ASOS starts going crazy and every damn chapter (Except for Bran, obviously) becomes amazing.

That does make me feel better. Thanks.

I assumed that was like the thing in ASOS, are you telling me there's plenty more to come in this book? It's been amazing already, by far and way the best one!

Massa

ASOS
Join #TeamStannis my friend! Honorable and just*!

* except for the witch thing.

Brashnir

That does make me feel better. Thanks.

I assumed that was like the thing in ASOS, are you telling me there's plenty more to come in this book? It's been amazing already, by far and way the best one!

A dozen or so of the series' best moments are in the back half of ASOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom