• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

If it makes you feel better, that's the point where ASOS starts going crazy and every damn chapter (Except for Bran, obviously) becomes amazing.

I forgot, was (series)
Brann eating human flesh while warged
in ASOS or later?
E: Ah, ADWD.
Digging more into such occurrences: (ADWD)
She opened her eyes and stared up blind at the black that shrouded her, her dream already fading. So beautiful. She licked her lips, remembering. The bleating of the sheep, the terror in the shepherd’s eyes, the sound the dogs had made as she killed them one by one, the snarling of her pack. Game had become scarcer since the snows began to fall, but last night they had feasted. Lamb and dog and mutton and the flesh of man. Some of her little grey cousins were afraid of men, even dead men, but not her. Meat was meat, and men were prey. She was the night wolf. But only when she dreamed.

Ice cold.

bengraven

grinch.gif

Tim Goodman's comment about the show in his TV power rankings for the week:
Perhaps it's time to admit something that's slightly disturbing. I love this series. Every episode so far in the entire run has been a joy to watch. However, as I've said all of this Season 3, the immense and immersive plot is hindering the pay-off. With the season almost over, I think we're in that strange gray area where liking all the episodes and loving a few of them doesn't add up to being blown away by the season. In fact, it's been a little disappointing in that way. Again, blame the heavy plot - part of the show's appeal, of course - for working against the dramatic payoff. It's also possible that I'm just spoiled and want more, more and more. Right now.

ASOS/Season 3
Oh boy lol. The AV Club critic that hasn't read the books had similar comments about their not being a dramatic payoff. Next episode (probably ep 10 as well) is going to knock people's socks off!

------------------------------------------

qreEmJC.png

---------------------------------------------

HBO: Carice van Houten talks Melisandre

Trasher

People said in one of the season 3 trailers Sam meets up with Bran and co, if that's the case Coldhands has to be ep9 and the Nightfort gate will be the finale.

In one of the season 3 trailers? What?

Maybe they are saving Cold Hands for season 4 and they all meet up at the same time?

Dysun

In one of the season 3 trailers? What?

Maybe they are saving Cold Hands for season 4 and they all meet up at the same time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7gPqEaphylk#t=72s
People seem to think that cloak belongs to Sam at 1:12 in the No Mercy trailer, note that Rickon and Osha are not among them anymore. Sam has to meet with Coldhands before Bran so it makes sense that episode 9 will be Coldhands and 10 will be the Nightfort gate.

Trasher

People seem to think that cloak belongs to Sam at 1:12 in the No Mercy trailer, note that Rickon and Osha are not among them anymore. Sam has to meet with Coldhands before Bran so it makes sense that episode 9 will be Coldhands and 10 will be the Nightfort gate.

Ah interesting. Thanks. Yeah, that would make a lot more sense.

Really excited to see what Coldhands looks like. He'll probably be covered head to toe in cloaks though...

Snake

[Trailer Spoilers]
Interesting. My first thought was that the black mass looked like Jon Snow's hair, but it's hard to tell. It definitely could be the shoulder of Sam's cloak.

Trasher

[Trailer Spoilers]
Interesting. My first thought was that the black mass looked like Jon Snow's hair, but it's hard to tell. It definitely could be the shoulder of Sam's cloak.

Seems like that could possibly be Queenscrown too. That might be right. That's at least what I imagined the inside of the tower or whatever to look like when I read the book. I think it'd be really weird for Jon to actually interact with Bran though so that's why I don't think it'll happen.

Yep, looks like it. ASOS
I guess they'll probably do the split next episode after the events of Queenscrown, although I guess that could happen early ep 10 with the Nightfort happening later in the ep.

Really excited to see what Coldhands looks like. He'll probably be covered head to toe in cloaks though...

ASOS
He's described as such in the books, so I'd assume so. Might get to see the "cold" hands though.

(series)
Be really interesting to hear his voice though. I expect some people will go wild with speculation on whether he sounds like someone we've seen before or not

NO FUCKING WAY (ASOS)
So after decor drink from the shock of the RW I decided to read on. It was pretty great, obviously. Then The royal wedding happened and I hated Joffrey some more, as is custom. Then he sits down to have some pie and the mothefucker dies?AHAHAHAH I don't believe it. This book man. This fucking book.

ShinAmano

NO FUCKING WAY (ASOS)
So after decor drink from the shock of the RW I decided to read on. It was pretty great, obviously. Then The royal wedding happened and I hated Joffrey some more, as is custom. Then he sits down to have some pie and the mothefucker dies?AHAHAHAH I don't believe it. This book man. This fucking book.

:)

Altazor

NO FUCKING WAY (ASOS)

this fucking book, indeed. Shit's second half is CRAZY, so many awesome events happening.

Moofers

That No Mercy trailer is all stuff we've seen before. I don't get why we're talking about it. Isn't that entirely composed of footage from previous episodes?

exYle

That No Mercy trailer is all stuff we've seen before. I don't get why we're talking about it. Isn't that entirely composed of footage from previous episodes?

It most certainly is not. In that trailer, we are seeing:

The Wildling attack on Queenscrown OR chasing Jon
The Attack on Yunkai
Something getting up in front of Bran's group MINUS Osha and Rickon
The Hound attacking someone or something in the forest at daytime, which must be after his duel with Beric
Jon Snow fighting in the rain, something falls on him
Yara

Hindle

Banned
There are several moments in the book that are no way as effective in the series IMO. The show rushes too many moments.

Namely.

The Hounds capture by the brotherhood had a big build up and is ultimately a twist.

Blatz

NO FUCKING WAY (ASOS)

Love it. Glad nobody spoiled it for you.

Love it. Glad nobody spoiled it for you.

Yep. Took me totally by surprise. ASOS
Once it sank in I was a little disappointed at the unceremonious nature of it all. I Wanted that motherfucker's head on a spike, Stannis' spike. And yet, thinking about it more the one line that really stuck in my head was Tyrion looking meeting his eyes and realising he was only 13. It was a really powerful moment in hindsight. Just fantastic.

ShaneB

Yep. Took me totally by surprise. ASOS
Once it sank in I was a little disappointed at the unceremonious nature of it all. I Wanted that motherfucker's head on a spike, Stannis' spike. And yet, thinking about it more the one line that really stuck in my head was Tyrion looking meeting his eyes and realising he was only 13. It was a really powerful moment in hindsight. Just fantastic.

ASOS
I had the exact same reaction at first. Joffrey's death felt really underwhelming in the context of so many other things that went down. I cheered and hollered, lol, but like you, I was hoping for something a lot more grandiose and just more spectacular. But the more I thought about it, it is pulled off really well, and the thought of Cersei being there to watch it all, and to see Joff scratching away at his throat, it will be amazing to watch it next season.

Lkr

Asos
I'll be at my friends house next week and I can't wait for his reaction when Robb assaults casterly rock. Hopefully the wedding happens at the beginning and we see more of his conquest on screen!

He has no idea what's coming

Prediction for series 4 [ASOS]
The Purple Wedding will take place in episode 1.

Really kick the newbies up the arse and don't let them go.

ASOS
That would leave Tyrion with almost nothing to do for the entire season. I think it's more likely that we'll get it around Episode 4 or 5. Oberyn arriving will probably happen first for King's Landing, and then you can have some additional scenes with him over the next couple of episodes. There's just not enough story out of Tyrion's trial and escape to stretch out over the entire season.

So I assume based on when they are going to end the season and the size of Yunkai that [ASOS/ADWD]
Yunkai is going to be the TV Show's Mereen
?

Snake

So I assume based on when they are going to end the season and the size of Yunkai that [ASOS/ADWD]
Yunkai is going to be the TV Show's Mereen
?

[Series]
I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. The map of Slaver's Bay from the opening almost entirely prevents Meereen from existing. Yunkai has been moved north, and the corner which once had Meereen now has mountains encroaching on it. Of course it's always possible that in Season 3 the map will simply be redrawn.

[Series]
I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. The map of Slaver's Bay from the opening almost entirely prevents Meereen from existing. Yunkai has been moved north, and the corner which once had Meereen now has mountains encroaching on it. Of course it's always possible that in Season 3 the map will simply be redrawn.

Series
Just looked at a map in one of the books and Yunkai is exactly where it is in the book map, Meereen is at the top corner of the bay. I think it hasn't been drawn into the map yet because we haven't been near the city in the show yet. I fully expect Meeren to be in season 4.

Snake

Series
Just looked at a map in one of the books and Yunkai is exactly where it is in the book map, Meereen is at the top corner of the bay. I think it hasn't been drawn into the map yet because we haven't been near the city in the show yet. I fully expect Meeren to be in season 4.

[Series]
You're right about Yunkai. I checked and it's pretty much the exact same place. There is still the issue of the mountains crowding out the area to me, only being notable because there aren't any mountains above Meereen/Yunkai in the Book Map or the Lands of Ice and Fire map. But of course they could just redraw the map in Season 4.

Jayof9s

Series

Both show up on this map on HBO's website: http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/season3/#!/locations/meereen/

Series:
I'm guessing Yunaki will just be a stopping over point in the series. Rid the world of more Slavers and then move on to do the same to Meereen before deciding to rule. But I suppose we'll see next season, it doesn't really matter which city it ends up being really.

Bread

Banned
series
i could have sworn i saw the pyramids of meereen in the intro, or am i confusing meereen and yunkai?

Massa

series
Ep 9 - Robb presents himself to Walder Frey, and Edmure meets his bride. Jon faces his harshest test yet. Bran discovers a new gift. Daario and Jorah debate how to take Yunkai. House Frey joins with House Tully. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by David Nutter.)

Ep 10 - Joffrey challenges Tywin. Bran tells a ghost story. In Dragonstone, mercy comes from strange quarters. Dany waits to see if she is a conqueror or a liberator. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by David Nutter.)

Looks like she takes Yunkai in ep 9 and decides to stay in episode 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom