• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are they doing nominations when there's still two episodes left?
That's just how awards work, they have to create a date range for the year and sometimes shows get cut off.

Hell the cutoff for the Emmys this year is May 31st, so technically the last two episodes of this season are not in it, but they have a "hanging episodes" rule where HBO will be able to send screeners of the last two episodes to voters in order for those to be considered.
Needs to be the last scene in S4, the very last.

Yeah I just read that on my reread of ASOS, and I've been thinking about where they will place some of the events (it makes season 3's adaption seems very straight forward lol) and I'm now convinced that should be the end of the season. ASOS
Starting with Jaime coming to his cell, just do the whole chapter straight through, could be the last 15ish minutes of the episode. Amazing way to end the season. Speaking of that, that's another of the many heartbreakers in that book, Jaime and Tyrion parting as enemies instead of brothers.

-griffy-

Banned
So why do nominations for shit that isnt out yet

In most cases these awards show nominations are for a single episode of a TV series, not the entire season. So Nicolaj's nomination could be for a performance in an episode that already aired (assumedly the one where he gives his monologue about the Mad King).

From the Emmy Wiki: For most individual achievement categories, only one episode is required to be submitted.

Trasher

That's just how awards work, they have to create a date range for the year and sometimes shows get cut off.

Hell the cutoff for the Emmys this year is May 31st, so technically the last two episodes of this season are not in it, but they have a "hanging episodes" rule where HBO will be able to send screeners of the last two episodes to voters in order for those to be considered.

Yeah I just read that on my reread of ASOS, and I've been thinking about where they will place some of the events (it makes season 3's adaption seems very straight forward lol) and I'm now convinced that should be the end of the season. ASOS
Starting with Jaime coming to his cell, just do the whole chapter straight through, could be the last 15ish minutes of the episode. Amazing way to end the season. Speaking of that, that's another of the many heartbreakers in that book, Jaime and Tyrion parting as enemies instead of brothers.

Hmmm. I dunno. ASoS
Do you end the season on a huge "omg" moment with Tywin's death, or do you use that in the middle to late part of the episode and end with that scene with Jaime? I think they have to end it with Tyrion either way. He's the star of the book by then, and everyone is going to care the most about his storyline if they already aren't by then. I think it's best if you show that scene with Jaime and then leave the viewers with the question of "where the hell is Tyrion going to go?" It'll be a good cliffhanger. But it would be pretty badass to just end the season with Tyrion pulling the trigger and seeing Tywin take his last shit.

Hmmm. I dunno. ASoS
Do you end the season on a huge "omg" moment with Tywin's death, or do you use that in the middle to late part of the episode and end with that scene with Jaime? I think they have to end it with Tyrion either way. He's the star of the book by then, and everyone is going to care the most about his storyline if they already aren't by then. I think it's best if you show that scene with Jaime and then leave the viewers with the question of "where the hell is Tyrion going to go?" It'll be a good cliffhanger. But it would be pretty badass to just end the season with Tyrion pulling the trigger and seeing Tywin take his last shit.

I think the last shot should be

ASOS
Tyrion shoots him, walks back to the room, throws the crossbow at the bed where Shae's corpse is, and says the "Guess he didn't shit gold" line.

That, or Lady Stoneheart. I think it's a much better ending in S4 than S3's.

Trasher

ASOS
Tyrion shoots him, walks back to the room, throws the crossbow at the bed where Shae's corpse is, and says the "Guess he didn't shit gold" line.

ASoS
You think it makes sense to wait that long for the Stoneheart reveal though? I know it's like that in the book, but it just seems like an awful long time to reveal that as far as the show goes.

Massa

ASOS

I don't think he'll say that line at all on the show.

ASoS
You think it makes sense to wait that long for the Stoneheart reveal though? I know it's like that in the book, but it just seems like an awful long time to reveal that as far as the show goes.

Well, if it were up to me, I'd delete it entirely.

And yes, it's a long time, but in my opinion, it needs to be a long time.

Dysun

ADWD
Season 4 finale will be Bran meeting Bloodraven, goes with the magic ender better than anything else (Like Stoneheart this year). Tyrion/Tywin could be ep9 or 10

Hmmm. I dunno. ASoS

ASOS MAJOR
The scene with Jaime happens prior to Tywin, which is part of his decision to kill Tywin I think, his final "fuck this family" once he learns that even Jaime's lied to him, the one family member that he was close with.

I don't know I was reading that chapter last night and I thought it would be amazing to see that as one continuous sequence on screen. I kind of pictured the last scene actually being after he kills him though, a shot of Tyrion floating out in a little boat in the dead of the night, pulling back for a wide shot of the little boat bobbing in the water.

I also think that they should do the trial by combat no later than the end of episode 8, let Tyrion be in the black cell for a bit (similar to Ned).

I agree, if only because I can't remember when that line was used already and if most viewers will make the connection. They could always plant it earlier in the episode, though.

Season 1, but spoilered for context
Robb says something along the lines of "seeing if Tywin really does shit gold" to the scout he sends back to Twyin in 108

Just read a recap of episode 5, can't believe I forgot how different the book was. I like pretty much all the changes, too.

ASOS
Especially getting rid of Ser Dontos and having Shireen being Davos' teacher. I totally thought the Barristan/Jorah and Tyrion/Olenna conversations were from the book they were so good.

Chake

Banned
Okay, so i have been spoiled a shit-ton of stuff from the books (Youtube comments, dick friends, and curiosity is a bitch) I just want to see if the show would still be enjoyable even though it has already been spoiled. Mind you i don't know from what book these spoilers are from:
1- L+R=J
2- Jon Snow, Joffry, Tywin, Rob, and his mother are dead.
3- Something happens to bran that makes him unable to have children (Nights Watch?).
4- Little finger kidnapes sansa.
5- Red wedding.
6- The Starks would never meet.
7- Margery is going to marry that Joffrys little brother

Some of them might not be true, though. Could someone clarify if there is any more "Holy shit!" moments waiting for me?

Okay, so i have been spoiled a shit-ton of stuff from the books (Youtube comments, dick friends, and curiosity is a bitch) I just want to see if the show would still be enjoyable even though it has already been spoiled. Mind you i don't know from what book these spoilers are from:
1- L+R=J
3- Something happens to bran that makes him unable to have children (Nights Watch?).
5- Red wedding.

Some of them might not be true, though. Could someone clarify if there is any more "Holy shit!" moments waiting for me?
There are some.

And if it helps, some of that is speculation.

Also (unrelated) ASOS
I don't think the Trial will be Episode 9 of S4. Even though it was the biggest moment in the book (hell, series) to me, I doubt they'll give it the biggest episode of the Season. It'll probably be the battle at the Wall.

I think they'll make a big deal about
The Viper and his crew coming to King's Landing. If they're smart, next season will be as much about the Dornish as anyone else, so when they get the the AFFC material it won't come quite so far out of left field. I feel that if GRRM had made them a bit more relevant in the earlier books then people wouldn't be quite so mad at all the material later on. Cos they are pretty cool really, and I like the Martell/Tyrell fueding. I think post S3 they need to spend some time really getting the audience used to these new characters, it should be like S2 of the Wire

[Series]
If they're really smart, they use a bit of creative adaptation and have Arianne in King's Landing with Oberyn while the Purple Wedding and Tyrion's trial are going down. Have her return to Dorne full of fury and with the sympathy of the audience after the trial, and go from there.

As for the Iron Islands, there really is no reason why we can't be introduced to Euron, Victarion and Damphair in season 4. If the show is to rely on these two sets of characters as much as the books do, they need to be properly seeded and loved first.

Tacitus_

1- L+R=J
5- Red wedding.

They are mostly ASOS spoilers with some speculation sprinkled in. So you've got a bunch of big scenes from this season and the next one spoiled. But don't worry, there's an another bunch of "holy shit" moments that you didn't list there.

1- L+R=J
5- Red wedding.

Some of these are not true, some are just speculations. And yes there are other big moments.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
1- L+R=J
5- Red wedding.

There are only 2 things on that list I would call true.

Regarding #1
Series
There have been several plausible theories as to Jon's parentage in the books, most of which have some merit. L+R is a very popular theory but is not in any way confirmed.

dc89

:lool Willkiller!!

Thats how I was when I read the book a few months back. I was constantly PM'ing Pulga and he just laughed at me.

Noema

ASOS
. Speaking of that, that's another of the many heartbreakers in that book, Jaime and Tyrion parting as enemies instead of brothers.

That saddened me and made me realize how tragic a character Tyrion really is. The only person in the whole world to have ever genuinely loved him, to ever have actually cared for him was Jaime and then he finds out about what actually happened and how Jaime was involved and how he'd lied to him. Killing Shae and Tywin must have been cathartic to say the least

wetwired

So I just got the next episode spoiled via a youtube comment on a completely unrelated video, anyone care to confirm?

Rob Stark dies at the wedding

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Someone should recommend to the no-Books thread to just abandon the internet for a few weeks. People are going to be assholes with real and fake spoilers.

suzu

I believe those are just the cover art for the novels (different editions).

There is no manga. There are comics though.

devilhawk

The Jon Snow chapter where ASoS
Stannis attacks the wall is my fav of the series. Can't wait for next year's last episodes. "Stannis, Stannis, Stannis." Phenomenal.

The Jon Snow chapter where ASoS
Stannis attacks the wall is my fav of the series. Can't wait for next year's last episodes. "Stannis, Stannis, Stannis." Phenomenal.

My favourite part of ASOS, for all the things that came from nowhere, that one made my jaw drop the hardest.

Ughh, I cannot WAIT for the ASOS
Dialog between Jon and Stannis on top of the Wall, when Stannis offers him Winterfell

I wish he'd taken the offer ASOS
Obviously I've only finished ASOS so I don't know where it'll go but I hope that Jon ends up as the Lord of Winterfell, I thought the dream died with Robb dying and Jon refusing but with Zombie Cat back in the fold she could make Robb's wish of Jon becoming his heir a reality.

I wish he'd taken the offer ASOS
Obviously I've only finished ASOS so I don't know where it'll go but I hope that Jon ends up as the Lord of Winterfell, I thought the dream died with Robb dying and Jon refusing but with Zombie Cat back in the fold she could make Robb's wish of Jon becoming his heir a reality.

I was more referring to the whole ASOS
cart before the horse, win the throne to save the kingdom, save the kingdom to win the throne speech Stannis gives. I'm just looking forward to show Stannis doing all that stuff, from saving Jon's ass to starting to listen to Davos more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom