• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fey

Banned
ASOS
I will be very glad if talisa is not a spy, I always thought that was a terrible idea
and I think they will probably only mention greywinds head and wont show it, the same thing with cat being thrown naked in the river. there is no real reason so show this, so I may be fine with that

ASOS/LEAK
From what I'm reading on the asoiaf forums, they apparently filmed a scene with an ox head on a body? No idea if it's true though.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I think the idea of that particular shot being the opening for episode 10 is the best solution overall anyway.

tmdorsey

I'm going to be disappointed if the fake Arya death is not included. I think it would be the cherry on the top for the tv viewers

I think the idea of that particular shot being the opening for episode 10 is the best solution overall anyway.

ASOS
Maybe they could have Edmure wake up the next day and the Freys just show him Robb with Grey Wind's head and you have his look of horror over what went down the night before.

Moff

I'm going to be disappointed if the fake Arya death is not included. I think it would be the cherry on the top for the tv viewers
who knows, arya might see robb with the wolfhead in episode 10 in the heat of battle and thats where the gets the axe, would at least be better than in the book. I think it was handled very poorly in the book

cj_iwakura

who knows, arya might see robb with the wolfhead in episode 10 in the heat of battle and thats where the gets the axe, would at least be better than in the book. I think it was handled very poorly in the book

ASOS/Ep10 Speculation

Opener of wolf head + Robb's body, panning over to Arya and the Hound, she runs, axe to the back of the head, opening song. It is known.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Since I have the script that automatically displays spoilers, I think I'll bow out of this thread until the episode has aired, cause I hate scrolling around those leak spoilers. :|

Edit: just gonna answer this one:

ASOS
I'm actually a lot more interested in how Catelyn's death is handled. Being inside her head made her death (and the entire Red Wedding) so impactful to for me, so I'm curious how it'll be done on screen when that avenue isn't available.

[ASoS]
"She had lived too long, and Ned was waiting." :'( Agreed, it's heartbreaking.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wonder what the last scene of the season finale will be. [SoS]
Arya leaving for Braavos, maybe?

I don't think will happen till next season.

ASOS
She and the hound need to escape, get to the inn at the crossroads, and then escape again. I think that will be a next season thing.

Is it safe to say tomorrows episode is the most anticipated one since the start of the series itself? I think that might be an understatement, if anything.

Fey

Banned
Major ASOS
Listening to the "The Lannisters Send Their Regards" preview, coupled with the fact that it seems they will not be pulling any punches tomorrow has genuinely made me a little scared to watch the show tomorrow lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Make sure to get some food for tomorrows episode.

800px-Russian_bread_and_salt.jpg

Moff

I just love what they did with the rains of castamere, what a powerful tune
next to the main theme by far the best music this show has produced, although it has many compositions I like, but I just feel the whole production value for the music is too low, everything sounds a bit weak and artificial, I think a full blown orchestrated soundtrack would have been better

of this soundtrack: 2 and 19 will surely be my favourites, I wonder what 19 will be played to

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Track 19 is cool, really strange though. Definitely wonder how that will be used.

Track 2 is just fucking fantastic.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
[ASOS]
This is total nitpicking, but if the line is changed to "The Lannisters send their regards" instead of just Jaime, anyone else feel it diminishes the impact? I don't mean it in a book purist sort of way, and even changing it to just Tywin would be fine. It just feels more personal and thus brutal when there's a single person attached to the line, instead of summoning up images of a whole lot of people ranging from Tywin to bloody Lancel.

Noema

Is it safe to say tomorrows episode is the most anticipated one since the start of the series itself? I think that might be an understatement, if anything.

When GoT started airing two years ago, I used to frequent a forum where most of the members had read the books,
and all they agreed that they couldn't wait to see the Red Wedding on screen. I hadn't read the books at that time, but I gathered it was a big deal for book readers. So I'd say it is, along with maybe Blackwater.

I kept picturing a wedding with the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland :p

[ASOS]
This is total nitpicking, but if the line is changed to "The Lannisters send their regards" instead of just Jaime, anyone else feel it diminishes the impact? I don't mean it in a book purist sort of way, and even changing it to just Tywin would be fine. It just feels more personal and thus brutal when there's a single person attached to the line, instead of summoning up images of a whole lot of people ranging from Tywin to bloody Lancel.

Nope, I respectfully disagree, for 3 reasons: ASOS
1)It gives the show-watchers an easy to grasp perpatrator, that this was the work of ALL the Lannisters. I think they want to avoid confusion ("wait, Jaime planned this? why?") and emphasize the sheer horror of the situation ("fuck, it was the fucking Lannisters!") 2)If they used the original line, all the work they've done this season redeeming Jaime would be shot. I think this way works better, IMO. 3) Gives Stoneheart a clearer motivation to destroy every Lannister she finds, not just Jaime.

Moff

ASOS
I always thought Rooses Line "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" was a bit silly. what was his intention with that? he obviously knows jaime had nothing to do with it, and all the other people at the wedding were in tywins pocket anyway. was it a joke?
I am not really fine with "the lannister send their regards" either, though. it makes more sense, and its important for stoneheart, but Roose revealing the plan before he kills the hero is just as silly and seems like something a comic book villain would do after he trapped the super hero.

I disagree.

The line is important for 2 reasons. 1) Had Jaime still been a prisoner the Red Wedding would never had happened. They would have been taken hostage for an exchange, they would not have dared to kill him because Tywin wants his son alive. So in a way, it was the freeing of Jaime that allows Roose to deal the killing blow. Hence the blow was curtesy of Jaime Lannister. 2) It sets up Lady Stoneheart's deep hatred for Jaime because that line was interpreted by her as Jaime having something to do with the RW, thus setting up the Brienne/Stoneyheart confrontation, etc. If you pay attention, Stoneyheart's main greviance was against all who was part of the RW. Even with the Frey they capture they try them for their part in the RW. She hates Jaime because she mistakenly believes, based on that line, that Jaime was responsible.

I disagree.

The line is important for 2 reasons. 1) Had Jaime still been a prisoner the Red Wedding would never had happened. They would have been taken hostage for an exchange, they would not have dared to kill him because Tywin wants his son alive. So in a way, it was the freeing of Jaime that allows Roose to deal the killing blow. Hence the blow was curtesy of Jaime Lannister. 2) It sets up Lady Stoneheart's deep hatred for Jaime because that line was interpreted by her as Jaime having something to do with the RW, thus setting up the Brienne/Stoneyheart confrontation, etc. If you pay attention, Stoneyheart's main greviance was against all who was part of the RW. Even with the Frey they capture they try them for their part in the RW. She hates Jaime because she mistakenly believes, based on that line, that Jaime was responsible.

Makes total sense. ASOS
I still think the line change is fine but reading it from the standpoint of "if you didn't let Jaime escape, this wouldn't have happened", I totally see the importance of the line. Also, in the book, does he say it to Robb, or to Cat? Said to Cat is probably even more devastating.

Massa

ASOS
RW aside, I'm super excited for Queenscrown‎. That was one of my favorite moments of ASOS and I barely see people talk about it here.

Moff

We're probably all wrong and the non-readers will only be annoyed and neither devastated nor excited at all.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ASOS
I just hope no one shits up the non-book reader thread tomorrow. I just keep imagining someone doing an account suicide on it.

I am still completely baffled that [ASOS]
people actually believed that the Hound would have hurt/killed Arya. There was nothing to justify that random outburst of violence, and it was so clear that the book was setting up Sandor for some kind of pseudo-redemption, that I am not sure where the interpretation of those last few lines could have come from.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah that was absolutely not my interpretation either. I was genuinely surprised when friends started catching up and took it that way.

jett

D-Member
Finally, it's upon us.

I wonder if waiting week after week and constantly guessing/predicting what happens in the show will soften or increase the blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom