• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massa

Might not get shown at all. It's note like series
he actively wargs at all, it's just wolf dreams

ASOS and ep9
They just established what warging is this season and Bran will do it in the next episode. They'll gradually do more of it as it goes on, I imagine.

Moff

ADWD
jon being killed will surely be the cliffhanger of season 5 or 6.
and in the following season it will be revealed that he warged to ghost as a surprise (if that happens at all). I doubt the will reveal it before, maybe some hints.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ADWD
jon being killed will surely be the cliffhanger of season 5 or 6.
and in the following season it will be revealed that he warged to ghost as a surprise (if that happens at all). I doubt the will reveal it before, maybe some hints.

ADWD
I still say there's no chance he's dead.

Iksenpets

Banned
Roose Bolton's sword handle (whoa never noticed this!)

Had a hard time finding a screen with a good shot of it, you can see it here though:
Robb_Stark_and_Roose_Bolton.jpg

Whoa that's awesome. ASOS
Maybe we'll get a good shot of it on Sunday?

Tacitus_

ASOS and ep9
They just established what warging is this season and Bran will do it in the next episode. They'll gradually do more of it as it goes on, I imagine.

series
But it's not like they've shown that much of the wolfdreams Bran had. Jon has even less dreams in the books

Massa

quite possible, nevertheless jon being "killed" or stabbed of whatever will surely be a season cliffhanger, and if he wargs to ghost thats when it will be revealed. not sooner.

ADWD
They could show a flash of his eyes in "warg" mode as he's being stabbed to death.

And then in the season 6 opening we'll finally find out what happens to Jon Snow.

cj_iwakura

So does anyone think that maybe ASOS/Season 3 speculation
They're going to have Robb go down fighting since he's more of a big deal in the show, or will his death still be pretty ignoble?

Amir0x

Banned
So does anyone think that maybe ASOS/Season 3 speculation
They're going to have Robb go down fighting since he's more of a big deal in the show, or will his death still be pretty ignoble?

Man,
it HAS to be the same. The whole point is that he is ambushed and gets fucked before he can even really mount any fight back, if they try to make it some epic fight it'd be lame

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I would be pretty surprised if they changed much of anything about it. Their reverence for the source material in this case is pretty obvious.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ASOS
They have to keep it the same. Rob needs to be ambushed, his men come to his aid. One change I hope they make (just to make it easier to show watchers) is when the northmen run in and Catelyn thinks it's a rescue, ti needs to be Roose leading the charge.

Heck, I won't be surprise if Roose is the one that kills Robb in the end.

exYle

ASOS
They have to keep it the same. Rob needs to be ambushed, his men come to his aid. One change I hope they make (just to make it easier to show watchers) is when the northmen run in and Catelyn thinks it's a rescue, ti needs to be Roose leading the charge.

SOS:
?
Roose was the one who killed Robb in the end.

Trasher

ASOS

Why would you be surprised? He is the one who does it.

aka "Jaime Lannister sends his regards."

Snake

[ASOS]
I don't think they'll change Robb at all. He'll get shot multiple times and he won't have any ability to fight back.

If you've looked at the Season 3 soundtrack titles [ASOS] & [Soundtrack]
it's pretty clear that it's going to end with Roose Bolton stepping forward, saying "the Lannisters send their regards," and stabbing Robb through the heart. We already knew that was likely from how they altered that line from Jaime a couple of episodes ago. But the fact that a piece of music situated to fit with this episode has that title seals the deal.

The only thing I wonder about is how much they'll show of Robb's army being burned/slaughtered outside the castle.

ASOS

ASOS
One of the last two season's biggest failures has been how poorly they've built up Robb. You never get a sense of just how beloved Robb was by his men, in the show as opposed to the books. I realize the show couldn't cast the various support characters that attempt to protect him at the wedding, but I hoped we'd get a scene or two of him just...talking to his soldiers, or making judgements; you would never guess he's a king, based on how he acts in the show.

Really the only scene where you get a sense of what he meant to the north is in S2 when Tywin asks Arya what the north thinks of him. Outside of that the show only depicts Robb fucking up or getting questioned by his main generals. The show has mentioned he wins all his battles, but the casual viewer might think he has only won two (Whispering Wood and Oxcross). I've been re-reading ASOS and it's just frustrating to me what they've done with him...

One of Catelyn's last chapters notes how Robb was the first to wake in camp and the last to go to bed, how he inspired such fierce loyalty amongst his entire army...sigh. But based on the show, all he does is lounge with Talisa and shun his mother.

cj_iwakura

ASOS
One of the last two season's biggest failures has been how poorly they've built up Robb. You never get a sense of just how beloved Robb was by his men, in the show as opposed to the books. I realize the show couldn't cast the various support characters that attempt to protect him at the wedding, but I hoped we'd get a scene or two of him just...talking to his soldiers, or making judgements; you would never guess he's a king, based on how he acts in the show.

Really the only scene where you get a sense of what he meant to the north is in S2 when Tywin asks Arya what the north thinks of him. Outside of that the show only depicts Robb fucking up or getting questioned by his main generals. The show has mentioned he wins all his battles, but the casual viewer might think he has only won two (Whispering Wood and Oxcross). I've been re-reading ASOS and it's just frustrating to me what they've done with him...

One of Catelyn's last chapters notes how Robb was the first to wake in camp and the last to go to bed, how he inspired such fierce loyalty amongst his entire army...sigh. But based on the show, all he does is lounge with Talisa and shun his mother.

It seems as if they've made him a more likable character, but not as much a leader.

His scene at the end of Season 1 was pretty fantastic though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ASOS
Never mind then. I was thinking it was a random person who landed the killing blow. And Roose was the one who slit Catelyn's throat. I should re-read that chapter before Sunday...

cj_iwakura

ASOS
Never mind then. I was thinking it was a random person who landed the killing blow. And Roose was the one who slit Catelyn's throat. I should re-read that chapter before Sunday...

Now that's pushing it. Someone slits her throat, the book never explicitly states who. I doubt Roose did it. Probably some random Frey.

Iksenpets

Banned
Now that's pushing it. Someone slits her throat, the book never explicitly states who. I doubt Roose did it. Probably some random Frey.

ASOS
Wiki says Raymund Frey. I imagine for the show it'll go to Black Walder or Lame Lothar, since those two have appeared on the show already.

Atlantis

ASOS

ASOS
I'm actually a lot more interested in how Catelyn's death is handled. Being inside her head made her death (and the entire Red Wedding) so impactful to for me, so I'm curious how it'll be done on screen when that avenue isn't available.

Fey

Banned
ASOS

That could be because ASOS
in the books, we just heard tales about his victories and all that, whereas we're actually getting a look into his life in the show.

But I agree. I wish they showed moments of how admired he is by his people (who are still with him), especially in this season. Instead they've just made it seem like his whole campaign is spiraling out of control.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ASOS
Wiki says Raymund Frey. I imagine for the show it'll go to Black Walder or Lame Lothar, since those two have appeared on the show already.

ASOS
Any chance they might have Walder himself do it, since he's not quite as feeble as in the books?

exYle

ASOS

SOS
When Roose walks up to Robb, it's not inherently clear at all that it's him right away. He's described as a generic Bolton soldier that specifically mentions "Jaime Lannister sends his regards," but given the 'FUCK SHIT FUCK' mood of the chapter, I'm guessing most people missed the connection right off the bat. I know I did.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
asos/ep9
They showed in the trailer for ep9 Edmure doing what looked like the bedrite, and thats right when it happens. So we'll see.

They've really killed all hints at magic in the show vs the books though, talking about the
Jon being a warg
thing. Stannis doesn't have his sword and a lot of other stuff seems downplayed.

Then again I think they are downplaying the Azor Ahai thing because (series)
it would make it too obvious that it's Daenerys instead of Stannis

Iksenpets

Banned
asos/ep9
They showed in the trailer for ep9 Edmure doing what looked like the bedrite, and thats right when it happens. So we'll see.

They've really killed all hints at magic in the show vs the books though, talking about the
Jon being a warg
thing. Stannis doesn't have his sword and a lot of other stuff seems downplayed.

Then again I think they are downplaying the Azor Ahai thing because (series)
it would make it too obvious that it's Daenerys instead of Stannis

ASOS
Does Stannis' sword get any time in the books between when it's made when they burn the idols and when he shows up at the Wall? I remember being kind of confused when he whipped it out to impress his magical kingliness on the captured wildlings because I didn't remember any mention of it actually magically glowing before that, but maybe I just missed it.

Fey

Banned
Major ASOS/episode 9 theory
I just saw the Lannister Honeypot video and damn. Either this guy is reaching, or the showrunners are much cleverer than I thought.

Massa

Major ASOS/episode 9 theory
I just saw the Lannister Honeypot video and damn. Either this guy is reaching, or the showrunners are much cleverer than I thought.

Also consider that they're waiting until the season is over to show the contents of the letter Talisa was writing in Valyrian.

Fey

Banned
Also consider that they're waiting until the season is over to show the contents of the letter Talisa was writing in Valyrian.

season 3/asos
They are? I am slowly getting on the "Talisa is a spy" wagon. It would make her character so much better.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
ASOS
Does Stannis' sword get any time in the books between when it's made when they burn the idols and when he shows up at the Wall? I remember being kind of confused when he whipped it out to impress his magical kingliness on the captured wildlings because I didn't remember any mention of it actually magically glowing before that, but maybe I just missed it.

AcoK
Yes, all the time. His sword also is described as glowing as if it were hot (even though it isn't, and lightbringer is supposed to emit heat). He knights Davos with it, and pulls it out to cut off his head whenever he smuggles Edric Storm off Dragonstone. On the show he just pulls out a prop sword thats on fire and sort of discards it into the sand for Davos to half-heartily pick up later. It was no better than Thoros' swords.

Moff

Someone on the imdb board claims to have seen the next episode
he describes in detail what is going to happen, dont go there if you dont to be extremely spoiled (if its true)

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I can't find it either.

EDIT: Ah I did. He doesn't really give any info at all.

EDIT2: Oh yeah he does. In a different thread.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Having read all his posts, basically my takeaways from that are:

POTENTIAL MAJOR SPOILERS/LEAK ABOUT TOMORROW'S EPISODE
SPOILERS
SPOILERS

-Deaths are pretty faithful
-Cat threatens Frey's wife rather than Jinglebell (seems a fair approach)
-"The Lannisters send their regards"
-No Arya cliffhanger
-Wolfhead Robb would be episode 10 probably
-No Coldhands tomorrow

In response to you guys above, he clearly says in one of his posts that the final shot is Cat, not the things you mentioned.

Moff

Doesn't this basically confirm that the final shot is (SOS)
greywind's head on robb's body

no, read all his posts.
the last shot is cats throat being slit, if he is right

he says nothing about greywinds head, and the way he writes the other stuff, he would have mentioned that for sure, its not in that episode

Fey

Banned
Awww ASOS/LEAK
He says he wouldn't even call it the best of the season. But if he's telling the truth, it sounds like they've done an amazing job.

I was hoping the final shot would be Grey Wind/Robb, but it wasn't and it still made an impression on him, so that's good to hear.

edit:
And it doesn't sound like Talisa is a spy. Just an awful character. :(

Moff

ASOS
I will be very glad if talisa is not a spy, I always thought that was a terrible idea
and I think they will probably only mention greywinds head and wont show it, the same thing with cat being thrown naked in the river. there is no real reason so show this, so I may be fine with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom